Hello from the Land of Oz!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Hello from the Land of Oz!

Are there any other moms from Kansas out there? I live in Wichita.

Deb

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't live in Kansas, but I live 25 miles from the kansas/nebraska border in a small town called Davenport, NE. Close enough??

Tamara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Close enough, Tamara! We would like to move to Hays, KS sometime in the not too distant future. Wichita is too big for me. I have never been to Nebraska. Do you like living there? Is Davenport where you have always lived?

Deb

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I live in the Panhandle of Texas......ever come this direction?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't often get to Texas. My DH grew up in Odessa, TX. Where are you, PrairieRose?

Deb

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi deb!
    I love living in Nebraska, but I truly wished I lived in a place like Maine or Vermont! Just because I think it is beautiful there! Indiana would be my second choice.
    My husband was born and raised in the Davenport area. I used to live in southern california til the age of 12 and my parents were born and raised in nebraska, but had moved to california when my dad went into the service.
    Anyways, it was a culture shock for me to move to nebraska and live in rural towns. Now i wouldn't trade living in the small quiet areas at all. I met my husband while i was working and living in a town of 25,000 in nebraska. When he told me where he lived i had never heard of it! LOL
    My husband farms and we have 4 children, 2 girls from my first marriage and 2 boys together. Brandi 17, Krystle 14, Tanner 10, and Regan 6. We keep busy!! LOL
    What are things that you like to do? Do you have children or planning on them? I have only been to Kansas a couple times to see car races. But i loved the sunflowers i saw!
    Tamara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Tamara!

I am mom to two girls, Shannon is 24 (from my first marriage) and Molly is 6. Jon and I met at work and have been married seven years. I manage a shoe store. Our goal is to move to Hays in four years, before Molly starts middle school. We are trying to get some debt paid off first, and get some equity built up in our home.
    Jon works for Kroger (Dillon's stores in KS), so he will be requesting a job transfer when the time is right. I need to keep my job until the debts are paid. I hope to find a low stress, part-time job after we move. Right now, I work six days a week, 8-10 hours a day. Doesn't leave much time for what I like to do.

Deb

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hear ya deb! I worked 12 hour days at a candle factory for 5 years to make ends meet and I honestly don't remember what I did those 5 years either !!! LOL It was eat, work, sleep. I haven't worked for a little over a year now. I was diagnosed with cancer (i am fine) and my husband told me enough is enough. Things are tight at times, and I do miss my extra income coming in, but we do okay. My husband is so tight he squeaks!
    So that is a big help! I do miss working and being around women, that is why I like this place so much. I actually get to talk to other women about women sh*t....LOL.
    Oh, I am 37, I was married before to a real loser, but I have to say the only right thing he did was having our girls. I have a son aged 16, he lives with his father, I haven't see him in 6 years. My ex took off with him one weekend when he picked him up for visitation. Everytime they think they have him pinned down, he runs (typical) It makes me sad at times, but I try not to dwell on it. I also don't receive child support either...LOL...imagine that!
    My oldest daughter claims she hates my ex, I told her she doesn't have to necessarily like the man, but he is her father. Kinda a hard situation. I had hoped that eventually my son will call, or write. But I am sure he has been brainwashed with the idea that I am the one in the wrong (as usual) My ex and his mother always blamed me for everything, even the reason my ex beat me to a pulp whenever he felt like it after a hard day at work. I honestly think to this day that if I ever saw my ex again, I would probably jump his ass and start swinging...LOL. Anyways, here i am babbling on. My email addy is [email protected]. This addy will change in Jan 2003 I guess, but this is what it is for the time being..LOL. Email me if you like, especially if you need to vent about something, I am a most excellent listener!
    Tamara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tamara,
    I think we have quite a bit in common. I was married the first time at 16 (pregnant). Shannon's dad has never been much of a father. She is married now and has two sons (I'm a grandma!)
    Shannon and her family live in Denver, she is a full-time college student. One reason I want to move to Hays is to be closer to the grandkids. I also have some family in NW Kansas. I am 40, will be 41 next month.

Deb

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, I almost forgot, my email address is [email protected]

Deb

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am not a midwest girl anymore but I did grow up in Manhattan Kansas!!! Go Wildcats!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have friends in Manhattan, it's a great little college town!

Deb

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really miss Manhattan. When I was growing up I couldn't wait to get far away from there but now that I live in So. California, I miss it!! It was a wonderful little college town and I guess you never really know how good you have it until it is gone!! Hopefully my dh and dks and I can make a trip back, I haven't been in Manhattan in 21 years!!!