Veteran's Day Celebrations/Honorings/Remembrances
    McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Veteran's Day Celebrations/Honorings/Remembrances

Veterans Day always turns me into a big blubbering mess. I'm not usually very weepy, but the significance of it always brings me to teras.

Hubby is currently enlisted in the Guard and has served in Kosovo and Iraq. Hubby's brother is active duty and has served in many overseas tours. My brother served in Iraq. Hubby's stepdad is retired Air Guard Hubby's grandfather is a Korean war vet. My paternal grandfather is an Army vet and my maternal grandfather is a Purple Heart recipient from the Korean War. I served in the National Guard.

Hubby actually has tomorrow off and we are going to celebrate with Zac's stepdad at the free Applebee's dinner. I plan on making the American Legion's Poppy bucket is a little bit heavier. I'm trying to coordinate my work schedule to watch the Local PD's ceremony. I always make sure to explain to Wesley the importance of the day and how important it is to honor those willing to serve our country, both in times of peace and war. I'd really like to take him to deliver some thank you cards to the local VA hospital as well.

Do you do anything special to honor veterans or those currently serving?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We'll be going to the school program. DD is playing in the band and singing in the choir. Lots of veterans and current armed forces members will be there. I get weepy too. I made my kids watch the History Channel Veteran's Day program to give them a better understanding.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am a Blue Star Mother and will be in a parade tomorrow. Our oldest son is active duty. We are waiting to here when he leaves for Afghanstain for the 2nd time.

My husband is a Veteran. I have lived that military active duty wife rule. Don't miss some of it but I do miss all the friends I have made thru the years and the different places we have been to.

Hubby and I are both members of our local VFW. They have a Veterans Day drawling that we go to in the evening tomorrow night. It is a great fundraiser for them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Attended the flag raising ceremony at the local PD this a.m. It was a beautiful and moving tribute. They also honored our local police officers that are serving within the the pd. In addition to hubby, there are approximately 10 others.

I shed a few tears. I get weepy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had to work yesterday but hubby had the day off, went to a memorial ceremony and stood in a flagline for about 3 hours. Then for supper we went to Applebee's for the Veterans dinner.