What Do You Do With Your Awards?
    McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What Do You Do With Your Awards?

So after almost 12 years in, the husband has accumulated a ton of awards, medals, and challenge coins. We also have the Cav-centric items that he has earned, such as the saber, the Stetson and the spurs (two varieties of spurs now) We have a display box for the shadow coins and his plaque for Soldier of the Year on display. Other than that, it's all in totes. Which kind of sucks.

How do you guys display?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've heard of people using shadow boxes but all of my husband's are in his closet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have two big rubbermade containers that we store all that stuff in. The only thing Dh really "displays" is an honorary navigator mug that he was given which he drinks his coffee from

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL, nothing is displayed... I have been in homes where they had an "I Love Me Wall". That whole wall has stuff from his career on it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lol. We're all so sentimental.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't want an 'i love me' wall or room. If every single arcom he has ever received was posted in our office, I think we'd have a pretty decent wall paper binder.

I'm thinking of getting a three ring binder with some page protectors and slide in all of his awards, certificates, etc. We'll send all the big padfolio things they came in back to Camp Dodge for reuse/repurposing.

The only things that I would really like to display are the saber/stetson/spurs, his SOTY plaque, and his challenge coins. He has some fairly amazing challenge coins due to his mission in the Iraq deployment. I don't want to hang any of my crap.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

McD- When we did the walk through before buying our home the guy who lived here had an I love me room. He lived in the house by himself and one whole bedroom was all about him! It struck me so funny that I ended up with a fit of the giggles. Neither my DH or the real estate broker (male) understood why I found the whole thing so funny. It was so over the top that even thinking about to this day gives me a fit of the giggles.

The only thing I have is of my Uncles. His flag, and all his medals, and his papers. I've been wondering just what to do with them to honor him, so I'll be watching your thread for ideas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pollypurebred39 View Post
    McD- When we did the walk through before buying our home the guy who lived here had an I love me room. He lived in the house by himself and one whole bedroom was all about him! It struck me so funny that I ended up with a fit of the giggles. Neither my DH or the real estate broker (male) understood why I found the whole thing so funny. It was so over the top that even thinking about to this day gives me a fit of the giggles.

The only thing I have is of my Uncles. His flag, and all his medals, and his papers. I've been wondering just what to do with them to honor him, so I'll be watching your thread for ideas.
    Do you have his flag displayed? If not there are cool cases to display it in.

We have a like triangle one like this for Hubby's father's Product and purchase information for MFDC - Flag display cases and shadow boxes.
    but ours has a place with a brass plaque for his name and such. I also don't remember it being that expensive. We have it up on top of a hutch so the children don't play with it.

My mother has my father's flag in a similar case and has it displayed on the fireplace mantel.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Most of my certificates, medals, coins and such are currently in boxes under the bed and in the closet. I got some really cool PCS gifts that we do have on the wall but most of it is under the bed. I can't imagine having an I Love Me Wall or room but I think a few of the more artistic pieces will find their ways onto the walls wherever we live.

I would shadowbox the Saber and Spurs and Cord from the Stetson- If you are handy with tools you could make one but some places do sell them in odd sizes. Try the on post arts and crafts shop to see what they would cost to make one.