Think of our troops and their families!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Think of our troops and their families!

I just wanted to post this thread because I feel that it's so important that we all keep our troops and their families in our thoughts and prayers. I live in the Norfolk, VA area and 7 ships just left this weekend. It is effecting many of us in this area and all across this country. I have no idea if Malcom is leaving - he says he isn't right now but you never know. I'll be honest with you I always have a sick feeling in my stomach thinking about all of this. But I know that our men and women are very well trained so that gives me some sense of hope.

It breaks my heart to see little ones saying good bye to mommy or daddy. Please keep not only the men and women leaving home but please keep the families in your prayers also. Not many people know, unless you are conected to the military in some way, how hard life is for the families. The women and men who are left behind while their SO's leave must be very strong and work very hard. Mommies must now be take care of everything. This has been done for many years but I sometimes think they just aren't remembered as much as they should be and the families of our military are serving our country also, just in a different way.

So can you please keep them all in your prayers...everyone from the little babies who just don't know, to the spouses, to the men and women in uniform. It's a really scary time for everyone right now and we all need to come together as one thru this.

Thanks for listening to me - I just think this is really important. I know that what keeps the troops going strong over there is knowing that back at home their loved ones are ok and hanging in their. So that is why I think they all need our love and support.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for reminding us Daphne to think of these families. It must be so hard for them...I've never really thought about it, as Canada seems so different and far away (but so close). My good friend in Texas has a brother in the military and she used to be married to a military man, so that was the first time I really had an insight to what kind of lives these people live.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Daphene,

My thoughts are always with those men and women involved in the military. Having been a Navy Wife for many years, I can understand the heartache and scariness that this life brings. With our country on the verge of crisis each day, a warm thought and a prayer go a long way.

So my hugs and thoughts to you and yours and each and every military family.

p/s I lived in Norfolk for many years, I do miss it sometimes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Daphne! I try to remember them and the families but I must admit I get busy sometimes and forget to say prayers for them.
    A lady on babycenter is due in June and her dh left yesterday for 6 months up to 2 years! She doesn't know where he's going or when he'll be back.She's having their first child and it saddens me that he won't be there for the birth of their baby.Thats such a special time.I couldn't imagine my dh not being here for the birth of one of our children.
    Her post really got to me lastnight (I have horrible hormones right now lol).Made me thankful for my dh being here

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks ladies for your support. One thing I know these families are thankful for is email. Years ago they didn't have this type of communication and it would be many weeks before they heard from one another. That would be extra hard!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Daphne I will say a prayer. I remember those days when I had to say goodbye for 6 months , its was TOUGH. But I will always the men and women that are out there defending our country.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Daphne, God Bless Them All !!!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

God Bless each and every family and each soldier. Until our son joined the Marines I was not aware of the impact deployment had on families. In the past few weeks so many of my internet Marine friends have had a son/daughter or husband leave and my heart breaks for each of them. I pray their time away is short and peace comes to us all again.

Melissa

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you Daphne and may God Bless the men and women out there serving all of us. Keeping them and their families in my prayers and thoughts!!

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I pray every night to keep our troops safe. Since I am one of those military families who has a loved one away. We also have had a friend leave for the gulf recently so you tend to think of it more when it affects your life directly. I can honestly say that I didn't think of how much of a sacrifice that the men and women of our armed forces make until it hit my family. Now I have great respect for those women and men who say good bye to their loved ones for those long deployments. I now know just how hard it is.

Traci