Miserly Monday - June 25/12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Miserly Monday - June 25/12

Hopefully today will be a lay low kinda day. DH is home today, he didn't sleep well last night plus we're both exhausted from demo/reno this weekend.

Not sure what today will hold, knowing DH, he will probably continue working on the basement. And I will continue to clean up after him as well as assisting him.

Dinner will probably be spaghetti & salad.

How's your Monday going?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Worked this morning (5 hrs) ~ I'm home now.

I have to take my mom to a Dr. appt later this afternoon, but otherwise, I see laundry in my future.

Need to cut/file coupons today, so I can go to Publix tomorrow.

That's about it. Nothing exciting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

found chicken quarters for .39 lb. so it's chicken salad and then chicken stock kinda day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No spend day.

Laundry kind of a day. Have about 3 loads to do.

kindra68---.39/lb.! Whoa. Haven't seen it that price since my kids were still living at home!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by cab54 View Post
    No spend day.

Laundry kind of a day. Have about 3 loads to do.

kindra68---.39/lb.! Whoa. Haven't seen it that price since my kids were still living at home!
    when i seen it i **just knew** it was a typo. but went to the store anyway and it wasn't!
    my freezer is FULL of chicken and i'm starting to get the "MooOOommm! Chicken, AGAIN!" response
    at least we HAVE dinner, some don't. little blessings, little blessings

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went grocery shopping and spent less than what I had totaled on my list. Found a package of lingerie bags at dollar tree. Hopefully they will hold up in the laundry.

Other than that a no more spending day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Started the day making breakfast sandwiches for DH. It is supposed to be very hot today, so I watered my flowers and vegetables early. Had my coffee on the porch and watched the birds and my adopted bunny. Also spent some time reading my book that I got free from Bookmooch. Went to the store to buy hand sanitizer for the children's ministry at church. Bought bananas 2 lbs. for $1, tomatoes $1 per pound, and cantaloupe at 99 cents. Then went by the nursery and bought a pot of coneflowers. Trying to plant perennials so that I don't have to keep buying more plants. Did a little ironing and laundry and put up 4 pints of ginger zucchini marmalade to finish up the grated zucchini from the garden. Cut and filed my coupons for the week. Plan on having zucchini pannini for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ginger zucchini marmalade sounds wonderful - have a recipe that you would like to share?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Did my laundry and the sheets and towels, attended a staff meeting via conference call (mostly while laying on the bed) and puttered around the house a bit. Then I went to Indianapolis to return a couple of items to Penney's. The teens are away at church camp - so my time is mostly my own - so I'm practicing for my empty nest days (16 more months)!!!

Tonight I need to fix dinner and then work on a powerpoint for a presentation I'm doing at work next month. It's a GORGEOUS day here in Indiana - so I might go for a walk later tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hit the gym with hubby this morning and then home. He's not feeling well, so he is currently doped up on nyquil and I ran some errands. Had to get daughter's glasses fixed, make appointments for glasses for the boys and I, drop off stuff to goodwill, and then start dealing with some bills. Wrote one out to drop in the mail on Wed, called to make a new therapy appt for dd and got $100 taken off of our bill, and rescheduled my WIC appt. Doing laundry right now and about to start dinner. Helping my bff staying with us to find a way to get new glasses. Then I will be spending tonight working on finding funding for hubby's business.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

swept, swiftered and shark mopped the kitchen floor. bleached kitchen counters. general straighten of kitchen.. washed all throw rugs. swiftered foyer. bleached all three toilets. cleaned all three bthrms. put away two loads of laundry. ran to grocery for a few things. ordered pizza, salad and garlic bread for dd and i as dh is at a wake and wont be home.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No spend day for me. Was given yellow squash, fresh tomatoes yesterday, had a small pack of boneless skinless chicken breasts in the freezer at work and some rice and cornbread fixins in the cabinets at work, so yesterday I sliced the squash, boil & chopped the chicken and prepped the dry & wet ingredients, separately, for the cornbread. This morning it only took about 10 minutes to put everything on the stove, in the oven & at 12 lunch was ready for 8 of us, for less than $5 with leftovers for tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finally went to the grocery store - I hate going to the grocery store. Did quite well $$$ wise - ending up with fresh strawberries, green beans, potatoes, steak, hamburg, watermelon, ice cream - as well as nine new bowls for my preschoolers - love the shape and color - all for under $80 - a true miracle here!!

Got up early to finish the weekend's laundry. Now I need to see how much I can finish in cleaning up the LR.