Miserly Monday - Sept 10/12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Miserly Monday - Sept 10/12

Still sick and couch surfing as much as I can. Literally, before I dropped DH at work with his food, I managed to toss a crap load of freshly diced tomatoes into the crockpot for dinner - hm chili - still adding other ingredients to it throughout the day as it cooks.

Since then I have been couch surfing watching missed episodes of tv shows online. Kinda sad how they've managed to sneak in and force you to watch 3 commercials now though.

Other plans for today after couch surfing - laundry & clean the bathroom. Possible grocery store run when I pick up DH. Plan is to stay home for as long as I can.

How's your Monday going?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Busy season is here at the factory so today dragged with only Sunday off. Got everything set up and cooked for most meals today - cheesy grits for breakfast, pbjs for lunch and brats with quinoa and broc for dinner. I have to do a really good clean on the kitchen since the place was neglected this weekend. It looks fantastic outside so I hope to take DS and DGS to the park in a little while.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Stray pit mix in the backyard. My dogs werent too happy.
    But it disappeared as fast as it appeared (fence jumper).

Went and took 2/ 3 dogs to the park and walked around. Hit Taco Bell and the gas station for drinks for DD/me and 2 dogs plus a Taco for Dh-$6.

pharm called again-??? so I don't know how much.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to the grocery store and found some akle high athletic socks on managers special Hanes extra cushioning, $3.49 for 3 pairs plus a coupon on package for $1 off. I was going to buy 3 sets but when I got to the checkout I couldn't find one of the coupons so put it back. Hopefully they will still be available next week. Where they were placed is more off to the side. But they will be comfy on the walks in the mornings!!

Yesterday I started to watch the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. Planning on watching the rest of the documentary today. A lot of it is what I have slowly come to believe regarding fast food and processed food. So going through the aisle and seeing the foods available and what people where picking out in some ways made me sad. All this food that is considered safe to eat but is it really. I still have a ways to go as far as feeling completely free of not wanting to eat something processed but definately glad I finally changed my way of eating. And a Vita Mix is all I can think about while watching the show. Heck why should you be just juicing when all that fiber could be eaten. Waste not want not. lol

Libby, I hope you feel well soon. You might want to try picking up some fresh ginger at the grocery store and making a tea out of it. I will sometimes use honey and lemon with it. Always seems to help perk me up when sick.

It is another great fall day here. Sun is out and windows are open.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks shoiji - one step ahead of you. Boiled ginger root w/honey is my 'go to' when I'm feeling down next to Cold Fx. Apparently its not working this time round...this is a superbug if you will. I know I have it pretty bad but I'm sure there are others who have caught this much worse as well. As soon as you start to feel better, BAM another cold with diff symptoms knocks you down. DH is learning this too as he only started to develop the sweats/chills/fever last night. That was so last week for me

But I will keep sipping on hm ginger tea - I love it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love ginger tea and try to keep ginger root in the freezer at all times. Am thinking of purchasing propolis since I may not be able to get the flu shot anymore. I now react to eggs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by shoiji View Post

Yesterday I started to watch the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. Planning on watching the rest of the documentary today. A lot of it is what I have slowly come to believe regarding fast food and processed food. So going through the aisle and seeing the foods available and what people where picking out in some ways made me sad. All this food that is considered safe to eat but is it really. I still have a ways to go as far as feeling completely free of not wanting to eat something processed but definately glad I finally changed my way of eating. And a Vita Mix is all I can think about while watching the show. Heck why should you be just juicing when all that fiber could be eaten. Waste not want not. lol
    It is another great fall day here. Sun is out and windows are open.
    shoiji, I had watched part of that documentary before and watched the entire thing after reading your post. Like you, I would love to have a Vita Mix but not in my budget right now. They say that is the best because it allows you to use the peelings, etc. I have a friend with MS but she was unable to afford the expensive meds. She bought the Vita Mix about 2 years ago and juices at least 2 meals a day and swears her MS symptoms have all but disappeared. She was a skinny-minny to begin with so weight loss wasn't her issue. I really believe there is something to it.
    Although I don't have a juicer, my miserly Monday is going to involve eating a pure veggie meal this evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just got back from the doctor for both kids. DS 6 week checkup- weighs 12lbs 3 oz, gained 4 lbs since birth.

And dd 3 yr checkup. She's 3 ft 4 and did really well even though she was nervous.

On the way out we almost got hit by a flying sign. Very windy today!