Miserly Monday - Dec 10/12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Miserly Monday - Dec 10/12

How's everyone doing today? So far I've unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, gave the kitchen a quick wipe down. Packed up DH's food & coffee for the day before taking him to the lab then dropping him at work. Folded 3 loads of laundry and put them away.

Now watching programs from the PVR w/o DH around QT with myself as I start making my 'lists'.

Not sure what we're doing for dinner...its still up in the air. Perhaps spaghetti w/meatsauce?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Horrendous weather here. Snow overnight followed by ice rain. Glad I don't have to go anywhere. Hopefully will go for a walk with Mini if the rain stops.

Did 2 loads of laundry folded and put away one.

Spaghetti with meatballs for dinner. Meatballs already in freezer will throw the sauce in the crockpot in a little bit.

Hoping for some snow this week. Not rain or ice, just a little white blanket over everything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Weather is still drizzly and gloomy here. I'd love some snow.

Wrapping gifts today, and putting under the tree.

Then, I'm going to make Christmas Bird's Nests---you know--the things with red and green M&Ms in the nest. They are a fave among my sons and friends.

That oughta do it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just got home from work. It was a disaster. The keys to our external cooler were misplaced by another employee, the freezer crapped out some time over the weekend. Thank goodness for the freezing weather outside. We were able to put everything in shopping carts and place outside the building. Happy to be home. Have to vac the floors and couch, start the carrots boiling for carrot soup tonight. Starting to rearrange things in the front play room to turn it into a homeschool class room for the boys.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good here except the dog woke me up at 4am. I got up at 5:30 & did Christmas cards washed a load of whites. Took a shower & ate. Went to the store for a few things & the post office. Went to pick up my check but it wasn't there. Made oreo balls today. Making sloppy Joe's for dinner then going Christmas caroling.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ate an orange and banana for breakfast and L.O. Olive garden for lunch.
    Worked on finishing the decor in the front rm for christmas
    Did all the christmas cards incl. mailing
    did a load of lt. clothes
    thinking about pancakes for dinner??
    No money spent all day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rotten day here. DD5 had a fever so I had to take a day off work. The line at the post office was-- well, just what you'd expect at this time of year... I went to get more gcs for the remodel to get my cheap gas and found out they'd ended the promotion (not a crisis, but MAN that was nice while it lasted.) And, looking out the kitchen window, I noticed whatever took one of my hens last week came back for the other 2 last night. It couldn't get in how it had before, so it ended up *tearing through the back wall* of the hutch. Seriously? I live in a suburb with woody areas around us, and we have wildlife, but I though someone would have noticed friggin' sasquatch in the neighborhood...

The kicker is that I have already purchased a stronger coop, but it wasn't ready for them to move into yet. As I said when I lost the first one last week... Murphy's law... buy 100lbs of chicken food, lose all your chickens...

I know I can start over with more birds as soon as I get the new coop ready, and getting all new at once means I can worry less about biosecurity (if I get them all from the same source)... but I was really happy with the ones I had... they ate the leftovers, one layed olive, one layed aqua, and one was a brown layer who layed nearly every day. I dream of having a homestead someday, and the chickens were the first tiny piece of that...

Now there's the decision on whether to take someone's cast-offs (at wildly varying prices) or start over with babies I'll have to raise and be waiting five months for eggs...

Needless to day, I took a long nap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forgot to mention... (as if everything else wasn't enough) While in line at the post office, noticed tiny blackheads on DD9's adorable nose. Sure enough, got home, looked more closely, and ended up cleaning up about 5 of the darned harbingers of oncoming puberty!!! I'm soooo not ready for this!!!