Miserly Monday - Dec 24/12 - Christmas Eve
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Miserly Monday - Dec 24/12 - Christmas Eve

Today will definitely NOT be miserly. Dad and I have a trip to Costco planned - min spending $100-$150/visit. We'll need to pick up a few ingredients for dinner tonight (steaks!) as well as other household grocery staples.

DH may go to work - its only 1/2 day and he's not sure if he wants to use up a full vacation day for it. So if he decides to go in, I'll prep his coffee & food for the day (b/c he'll work more then 1/2 day).

Also need to go pick up a friend's mail and check on their plants then its game on for relaxing! We'll prob watch a few Christmas movies from the PVR.

Any special plans for Christmas Eve? Traditions?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning!!!

Here's hoping NO ONE is a miser today... it's ok to spend nothing, or very little, but may you be overwhelmed with "plenty" in all things no matter what your spending today!

Today I'll be doing as much of the prep, staging, and cook-aheads as possible for tomorrow, as well as all the cleaning that didn't get done yesterday and a fair amount of "hiding the mess." Also one last trip to the grocery (I have a list) to pick up a few fresh ingredients and a veggie tray that we'll BARELY have room for in the fridge, so I didn't want it far in advance...

The goal is to have nothing to cook tomorrow except the turkey (would love to do that today, as well, but DH likes the "cruncy skin" so that has to wait... everything else will get done today and stored in foil pans to reheat and throw on the buffet... and to have nothing much to do tomorrow except warm things up and be with the family.

Today, however, I wish the kids would just go away!!! There is a ton to do and they are (of course) really excited, but they've also been home for 2 days and are bouncing off the walls, and they are "bored" but not bored enough to clean their rooms and and and... and they are driving be bonkers already, at 830 in the morning!

Our only big tradition here is the opening of one present this evening... some years I get them new PJs as well, but they have plenty this year, so I didn't bother.

Ok, off to throw the pies in the oven, put on some holiday music, clean and cook like crazy, and as soon as I'm back from the grocery, I'm drinkin'!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Be doing some laundry cleaning up apt.fix up some more thing getting ready for christmas.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a bday party today at 3 for my dniece. Before that will be laundry, cookie making, a few last minute food items to buy. After the bday party will be setting out cookies for Santa, bath, reading 'twas the night before Christmas and an early night for dd.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh made breakfast for the boys. Relaxing before we go to visit my sister & brother & to db's sisters home for our annual get-together. Painted my nails & took the family out for a pretzel before we leave. Dh took the dog for a walk.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A wonderfully cold day here...Kevin is making brunch and I'm having tea...Sophie is watching Christmas shows...Blossom is snuggled beside me...Tonight my MIL is coming from a private gift opening...and we'll watch some Holiday classics together...life is good. Merry Christmas!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to Dollar Tree and grocery store. The grocery store was mobbed with people. Never seen it so busy. Having surf and turf for dinner. May watch a Christmas Story later today. Right now the cat is sleeping on my lap. Already did a little straightening up and will take the rest of the day to just relax.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have been hunkered in since yesterday. DH went to the store and bought the last of what we needed before the holidays.

He's been sick all day (sciatica + flu = comatose hubby) so my DD and I spent the day doing girly things. We made breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, baked Yorkshire puddings, peanut butter cookies, had lunch and played lots of games.

Then we went out and drove around the neighborhood checking out all the gorgeous Christmas lights. When we got home, DH made eggnog and we had peanut butter cookies and eggnog and read the Christmas Story from her Young Readers Bible.

Last if the Christmas gifts are wrapped and we are just resting til she falls asleep. Then we're going to watch the last episode of Merlin (sad face!) and my favorite Christmas movie -- Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. *giggle*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Stayed home and tidied the living rm. Made a stockpot full of chicken soup.
    We celebrated christmas w/ our immediate family and DD's BF. Spent NO money today on gas,going out of internet.
    We had the soup and some sandwiches. Sent DD's Bf home w/ a gallon bag of soup.
    Merry Christmas.