Miserly Monday 2020
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Miserly Monday 2020

Hope everyone is having a great start to the New Year!!!!

We have been busy with lots of doctors appointments. It should start to slow down this week, with only one a week for the rest of the month. Then dh will start cardiac rehab.

Not much going on today except going with dh to the doctor. They were able to squeeze him into our new Primary doctor today. I guess they need to treat him for the diabetes. His blood sugar is terribly high, but high enough it got him into a medical study. But he does need to be seen by his regular doctor. He really dislikes going, but after the heart attack, he does everything the doctor says. He realized he's not ready to leave us.

I'll just fold laundry and maybe do another load. Unload the dishwasher and wash the crockpot from yesterday. I left it soaking overnight. I'm trying to do better and stay on top of things and not letting them get out of hand anymore.

Dinner tonight will be either chicken, rice and veggies, or a zucchini, ground turkey mix I saw a recipe for. I bought all new spices and found a few we hadn't tried before. It's been fun experimenting with different spices. We don't miss the salt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Staying home most of the day. We may get out tonight to buy a new smoke/CO2 detector. Dh took my car today since his is still under some snow and ice. This is a good thing. It keeps me from getting out and spending money.

I'll work in the sewing room today and try to get some stuff cleared so I can start sewing again. I'm sure there is laundry to do also. Need to unload the dishwasher.

Dinner tonight will be either leftovers or spaghetti or something with zucchini.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I should be in most of the day. I don't think there are any errands to run. I do have at least one load of laundry to do. Just came in from catching the cat. She got out while I was letting the dogs in. I thought the dogs were going to run her back inside, but she ran under the deck. We have a tarp over the steps to keep the ice and snow off so the dogs can go out, so I had to go out the front door to the back to get her. I don't know why she wants to run outside all the time. Need to find a rental car for ds.

I keep saying I'm going to work in the sewing room and that's probably what I should do. The kitchen isn't in too bad of shape from yesterday's dinner. Just a couple of things to put away.

Dinner tonight will be leftovers or whatever dh wants to cook. I'm always too tired on Monday. I cook for the kids on Sunday. I can always tell when dil doesn't like what I cook. Oh well, too bad. Eat what grandma puts in front of you. That's what she tells her daughter. I'm sure if I had some kind of dessert, she would have had room for dessert. She said she was full. Whatever.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User miteigenenhaenden's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a hurricane today. Buses and trains do not run and there are power cuts all around. We still have electricity. Luckily! :-)
    Tomorrow it will still be stormy. The temperatures drop from spring-like 14 ° C to frost.
    It's really uncomfortable outside.
    During the day I made a lot of organizational phone calls and wrote some letters.
    In the afternoon I was in the library to borrow some books.
    I'm going to cook a warming onion soup tonight. There is also hot tea.
    Best regards, miteigenenhaenden
    www.miteigenenhaenden.wordpress.com

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Busy afternoon. I have taco soup in the crockpot so we'll have dinner ready when we get home from the doctor appointments. We have plenty of chicken leftover from yesterday's dinner, but I'm not feeling like chicken today. We'll have plenty of food ready to eat for lunches and dinners this week. Also have taco meat leftover so we can have tacos too. Sometimes it gets so busy that we end up eating out. This way we have plenty ready and can save the money. Today is a cooler day than the rest of the week, so taco soup is perfect.

Probably start a load of laundry. Hopefully get it in the dryer, but I doubt it will get folded and put away today. Will depend on my mood after I get home.

I looked at the calendar last night and this month is filling up quickly. We have 3 more nutrition classes. I'd like to get those done soon, so we can check that box.

I'm ready for spring and ready to start working on outdoor projects. HOpefully the weather will cooperate this year. The past couple of years the springs have been very wet. Rain almost daily. Hoping it's not that way this year. Really need to get some yardwork done before it gets too hot. Watching for sales on the supplies we'll need. Going to stock up as we can. Need lots of dirt. We have lots of sand in the garage. Dh and bil used it for their trucks last winter. It's just sitting in the garage now. Need to get rid of it. I think we could use some of it to mix with the dirt. Trying to decide what to grow in pots this year. I'm thinking maybe a blueberry bush. One made for containers. Dgds love blueberries. She'd love to watch blueberries grow. I'd love another strawberry patch. I think when we get the raised bed finished, I'll turn that into strawberries. Just one big strawberry patch. Maybe I'll do another tomato plant. That did well last year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had planned to stay home since it's raining today, but dgd spent the night and I had to take her home. Stopped at walgreens for 99 cent laundry soap. Ajax brand. I'm not picky. When it's that price, I stock up. I think I can skip the laundry soap aisle for a while now.

Then went to walmart market to pick up a few things. Added more toilet paper and paper towels, a few other laundry supplies and vitamins. I was almost out of one of my vitamins. Then stopped at the grocery store for some fruit and crackers. There's not much in any store in the way of clorox wipes and other cleaners. Dil has been using them a bunch. She's starting to panick about not being able to get wipes. I told her to cut paper towels, add bleach, soap and water and there you go, wipes. I don't know if it would be the same, but why not?

Ds asked me to look over his taxes, but I can't seem to log in. I'll try again later. Need to finish up some laundry. Not sure if dh needs to do anything tonight.

Tonight we'll have meatloaf sandwiches for dinner. Yummy!!!!