Change jar uses? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We use it for Christmas, Vacation, or just fun money.....
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Used to use it for gas in car on trips, or spend money on vacation. I think now I will deposit in my EF every $50.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we use it for christmas

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are using ours to buy a wodden fort/plaything for our boys to have in the backyard. The boys are always on the hunt for loose change to put in the jars, so we figured we ought to let them benefit from their finds. Almost $50 saved so far (just counted last night), hope to grow that quite a bit before Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It usually goes into savings.
    One year we used it to buy our fireworks for the 4th of July.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The quarters are being put into a separate savings account for Christmas ...

The other change is going to go into my checking account until I get a "cushion", and then onto my savings account. After both of those have a decent "cushion" (I'm talking about $300 in both), I'm going to start using it to add to our Freedom Account..

After all of those things are funded ... whew ... I'm going to be able to start throwing the extra money into our EF.

I'm a waitress, and you'd be shocked the amount of change I bring home every month. Hopefully, this new little project of mine will take about a year, I think to complete.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are saving our change for next years summer vacation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

its always different for me.

but this year I am going on a weekend retreat with a girlfriend who's having a baby. this is her last weekend out before having baby.

going to a fancy hotel in the mountains with a spa.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Most recently I had been using it for the bus to use it up before having to buy tokens. Now my tokens are almost out and my pass doesn't start till August 21 so I'll be digging out bus money again.

If my little piggy gets really full I just the Coinstar thing. If you get a gift certificate it doesn't charge a fee. I hate dealing with change so I'd rather just get rid of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As soon as mine is full I bag it and deposit it into my emergency fund.

Although now DSO has started depositing him change in there so I may have to put it into our joint account from now on, we keep our money seperate but keep one joint account to pay our rent , utilities and groceries from.

That seems like the only fair thing to do if he is going to donate.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I couldn't decide, so I just started a new jar.

I have one with cash and one with quarters and dimes, and another with pennies and nickels.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Before I found frugal village, I would save up $20-30 and then cash it in and use it for what ever. I now have not touched it in almost 6 months and I have no clue what is in there. I try to pretend it doesn't exist! LOL

Also have been saving some one and fives, will use it all at Christmas IF I HAVE TO AND ONLY IF I HAVE TO. Otherwise, it is Emergency Fund cause we don't have one. Can't get hubby to save anything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm using mine for Christmas gifts this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

l have about 257.00 in mine and its for christmas l put 20.00 in my jar every 2 weeks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Last time it was used to help move. I am saving up again and this time it will be for christmas. I hope to have $250 in there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123