Our New Financial Goal...It's A Doozy! - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBoz View Post
    Maybe I should clarify about the window...

As I said, it is currently floor to ceiling. It's 10 or 11 feet across and about 8 or 9 feet high. We are taking that out and then building up the wall a bit because we aren't interested in a floor-ceiling window again. So, in addition to the removal and purchasing and installation of a new window, we are also having the wall built up a few feet and then the new window will probably only be about 5 feet high, but we have to pay for the new wall and new shingles (can't think of what they are called...shakers?) for the outside of the house to cover the new wall.
    That will definitely bump up the cost. That is a huge window.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think you will about to do it!! You have a goal and a polan set in place, and both partners are committed. Good luck, I know you can do it!!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow...child care for one is $1,000 per month!!!! Holy crap. Really? did I read that right?!?!?!

OK, staying on task. Sounds like you have a wonderful plan. I am looking forward to reading your progress because I know you can do it!

Have fun on vacation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your plan sounds great. With both of you on board I'm sure you will make it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm wishing you luck with your plan..

BUT I "wouldn't" wait to get the mold problem taken care of..mold can cause so many different stages of sickness from what I have heard....I wouldn't risk my families health..I would charge it to my credit card if I didn't have the nessasary funds to get it taken care of! ...JMHO...
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, I understand now the cost for the window replacement. I can see how that would run up the cost. At first I just thought you were just taking out the old one and placing a new one in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It sounds like you have a good plan and a good start to saving, Amy. I wish you the best of luck in achieving your goal by your deadline.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

If anyone can do it, you can Amy!

Cheering you on

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck! I'll enjoy reading of you guy's progress.

Enjoy the vacation!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your plan sounds very solid...I would also tackle the bathroom situation first. I am sure i am going to enjoy hearing your progress. Congrads on taking action!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I look forward to cheering you on and hearing about your updates.

Good plan!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like a great goal. Keep us posted, it will be interesting for us and hopefully encouraging for you!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck.

We just had work done to save our roof so I understand where you are coming from.

Vinegar will help with the mold in the mean time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, we got back from vacation yesterday and our cupboards were bare. So, this morning, I went to ShopRite and loaded up. I believe that I have bought enough of everything so that we'll only need to get milk and fruit for the rest of the month. I spent $190.42 (before coupons it was $214.94), but we are pretty stocked. We bought:
    2 gallons 2% milk
    2 1/2 gallons Breyers ice cream
    2 1/2 gallons Turkey Hill ice cream
    2 packages boneless chicken breast
    1 big box diapers
    2 6-packs Dove moisturizing soap
    2 boxes ice cream cones
    3 pounds ShopRite peanut butter
    Right Guard Deodorant
    4 packs hot dogs
    1 family pack hamburgers
    10 Dannon Lite and Fit yogurt ( on sale this week)
    3 pounds pasta
    3 jars Ragu
    1 big box Special K
    1 big bag ShopRite honey nut cheerios
    5 cans corn
    5 cans green beans
    1 gallon white vinegar (for cleaning the dishwasher)
    3 pounds ground beef
    3 packages pork chops
    1 lunch box for Dd
    2 packages garlic bulbs
    1 family pack hot italian sausage
    1 bunch bananas
    1 bunch grapes
    4 plums
    1 big bottle Centrum
    1 quarter watermelon
    5 lbs sugar
    2 loaves wheat bread
    1 bag pretzels

So, I'm going to do menu planning tonight and see how I can make this last for the rest of the month...I know I can. My real hope is to make it last through at least mid-September. Creativity will be the key, here.

On another note, we are listing our pack-n-play on Craigslist tonight. Next year, Matty will be too big for it, and so it's time to sell. We'll put that money into our special savings.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

AmyBoz,

Way go to on a new plan!!

The bathroom quote, is that them doing all the gutting? Can you do that part yourself? That can add ALOT to a quote. Also, it might be cheaper to rent a dumpster than having the contractor, don't take their word for it, look into it.

But you've got a plan in place so it should come together!

I too, wouldn' t put the bathroom last.

Idea for the heat loss on the fireplace, make a fram that fits inside the opening, then put a ply wood cut slightly larger than the opening onto it. Paint it a similar color as the walls around the opening. then you can put something infront, a large floral arangement, a shelf, whatever. That'll cut the drafts down. We did this with our masonry fireplace until we got a woodburning insert. It would blow out candles it was so drafty. The framed plywood will block the drafts very well.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast