Our New Financial Goal...It's A Doozy! - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I taught a few piano lessons yesterday and they paid me $150 for the rest of November. I made the decision to cash the check and use it to finish the Christmas shopping for my parents and father-in-law.

I was hoping to do that shopping today, but I brought my minivan in yesterday for an oil change. Bad news. It seems as though I am going to need new brake pads, and in 3,000 miles will need new rear brakes (seems to be going around among my friends). Anyway, last night I went to see the high school play with another teacher (many of the kids who are in my play go on to be in the HS play) and afterward, she took me to the gas station to pick up my car. Guess what...it wouldn't start. Grrr...

So, I have to go back today, but since it's Sunday, there are no mechanics there. Dh will see if he can jump it. I've never had this problem before. Again, I say Grrrr... It's 7 years old, so it's certainly not ancient, but I'm hoping that it's not going. I take good care of my van and had planned on driving it until it couldn't drive anymore. I had figured on having at least 5 more years.

One more time, I say Grrrr...
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dont feel bad amy.. i just spent 1100.00 to have my 2006 ford serviced.. the catalitic(sp)m converter went.. i was driving to work and my check engine light came on.. i also needed breaks and had my 30,000 mile service done..i will never buy an american designed car again..

i had a 2004 honda that i had for 14 yrs and never had that part break or had the check engine light come on..i need to keep my car for 2 more yrs so i can save for a nother "new" to me car..

have the money in saving but put it on my no interest card and will pay off in feb.
    Last edited by grneyegrl; 11-16-2008 at 01:42 PM.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We did our grocery shopping today. Not bad. I added 4 boxes of PopTarts because I had coupons and wanted to get them as stocking stuffers for the kids because I never buy them. I also needed diapers, which, obviously, drove up the amount for the week.

So, here's what we got today:
    20 Breyers yogurt (on sale) $0.60 each
    17.8 pound turkey (for Thanksgiving) FREE!!! (We qualified with our totals for the past few weeks for a free turkey...yeah!!!)
    1 7oz can Reddi-wip (I hate when they spell things like that) $0.99 w/coupon (originally $1.99)
    1 box Nabisco Triscuits $1.79 w/coupon (originally $3.03)
    4 2liter bottles Coke Classic (dh offered to bring in the soda for his work Thanksgiving "party") 4/$5.00
    1 jar Tostitos salsa con queso (dh's football snack) $3.69
    1 bag Tostitos bite size tortilla chips (the second part of the football snack) $3.99
    4 pounds 93% lean ground beef $4.03, $3.99, $4.03, $4.07
    1 jumbo Pampers cruisers $10.99
    1 huge bag MaltOMeal cereal Marshmallow Mateys $3.49
    2.1 pounds of grapes $4.18 (ds2 eats grapes like they are candy)
    2 Kleenex Cottonelle tp 4-packs $1.49 each w/coupon
    4 boxes PopTart $1.09 each w/coupon
    1 box ShopRite pancake mix $1.99 (ds1's nursery school is asking for donations to the food pantry, and this is what his class was assigned)
    2 5lb bags Gold Medal Flour $1.79 each (on sale)
    1 box Nabisco instant Cream of Wheat $4.19 (my cereal...I need the iron, and darnit, I love this stuff)

Total before sales and coupons: $105.49
    Total After: $82.13

Total for the month: $301.74

This leaves me $48.26 for the rest of the month. I'm not sure I'm completely comfortable with this, as we are hosting Thanksgiving this year. However, I have corn, the turkey, stuffing, and gravy. I need to buy potatoes, mushrooms, and I think that's it. My parents are bringing dessert, and I have the stuff to make biscuits and pumpkin bread. There are two more weeks to buy for. I know I'll need bread, milk, yogurt, grapes, and cereal for sure, in addition to the Thanksgiving things, and will need one more thing of diapers. Not so sure I can keep it under $48, but I'll damn sure try!

Update on the car: We decided to leave the car there until tomorrow when the actual mechanic is there. We dropped the key back off and will call first thing in the morning. They obviously did something to cause the car to not start, they can fix it. In the meantime, we're borrowing my father-in-law's extra car for tomorrow, or as long as it takes.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567