MrsMcDowell's Money Management Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nichole ~ I just sat and read through this entire thread! You guys are doing a fantastic job and are such an inspiration!

Right now we are literally bleeding money from everywhere ~ but once we get the property all set up and dealt with, I plan to post a thread just like yours!

Good Job Girlfriend!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Extra Saturday Updates

Forgot a few things:

Did a quick grocery store run on Friday, I estimated about 20$ being spent. I picked up a bottle of wine (love my 10$ moscato di asti), 3 cans cream of chicken soup, three cans of diced tomatos, 2 huge cans of tomato juice, marshmallows, and 2 bottles of soy sauce. I actually spent 19.67

We did a Target run last night, picked up a few movies and some snackies. It was a small splurge.

I don't wanna jinx it, but I feel like I should tell you guys. I took the plunge and applied for a new job yesterday. It would be at minimum a 10K increase. It would be a compensator admininstrator for the local energy company. It would actually use my degree. I haven't had the full year of work experience that they want, but hopefully my degree, military experience, bank experience, stunning good looks, and amazing personality will sway them. I mean the worst they can do to me is say no right? Root for me. PleasE???
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great job with everything that you are doing. Good luck with getting the new job!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nichole,

WHY would they possibly say no to YOU : )

Hope you get it!

Your doing a great job! I bet your DH is really proud of you.

leezza

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't see how they could look you over for the job! You are doing such a great job with your budgeting and spending.You are an inspiration!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Once you get the new furnace installed, you need to take that old one out to a field somewhere and shoot it. Put the poor thing out of its misery!

Good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Luck! August was my first month that I actually tracked everything we spent. It was horrfiying to see what we spent! Very eye-opening and informative though.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ugh. We spent money this weekend like drunken pirates. Yikes.

I made a big crockpot of beef and noodles this weekend--the beef was leftover round steak from when I made pepper steak. The broth was homemade from when I made a roast last weekend. All in all it was pretty good and there are tons of leftovers for the week.

Zac got sworn in as a police officer today. It was really neat to watch. All thru the ceremony, Wesley kept asking me if he could get a cupcake (they had snackies for afterwards), and I kept saying no. The very minute the ceremony was done, Wesley hopped off my lap and ran up and got a cupcake. Right about the time he reached the table the Police Chief was saying, "You can now help yourselves to refreshments!"

Dinner tonight is leftovers. We are worn out. Not much to report on the actual money management front. Took a survey with Pinecone Research today--will apply the 3$ check towards Vantus. That loan is paid ahead until May of 2009.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good luck on getting the new job!

I'm inspired by you paying down your debt, and owning a home. I'm hoping to own a home in 2-3 years. But, we'll have to see how that goes.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Wednesday 9/3

Alright. After a weekend of general unfrugal debauchery, I am back in the game!

Brought leftovers for lunch today. Hubby will be coming home and eating leftovers for lunch. So no money spent there! YAY! Dinner tonight is planned--flavorful chicken, leftover pasta salad, and seasoned oven fries. I have to use up some potatoes before they go bad. I also need to make banana muffins before my bananas go bad.

I've noticed now that I am not running out and buying whatever I want to, I am actually appreciating things more. I've been wanting to read the Twilight book by Stephanie Meyer for a long time but, rather than running out and buying it like I used to, I put it on hold at the library. I was number 48 on the list or something. Well I got it last night and read it in one sitting--it's awesome. I've also noticed that I'm starting to formulate a wishlist of things in my head. Will come in handy at Christmas time because everyone says I'm hard to buy for.

I took another Pinecone Research survey--so there's another 3$ for debt. This weekend I am decluttering the house hardcore, looking for things to sell and post on Craigslist. All that extra money will go towards debt. I've been browsing the forums on the Dave Ramsey board and the members there have an awesome little 'snowflake' concept. Dave has the snowball method of debt reduction (which we are working). The snowflake method is all about finding that extra bit of money above and beyond your snowball. I like it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ooh, Nichole...wasn't Twilight good? The series gets better as you go.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBoz View Post
    Ooh, Nichole...wasn't Twilight good? The series gets better as you go.
    AMAZING!! I didn't set my hopes up high b/c I had heard Atonement was AWESOME, then I read it and it was like, "Meh." But Twilight was awesome. Loved it.

I got the 1st and 3rd at home right now, I am next in line for the second one. I am fighing every bit of temptation in me to read all about them on wikipedia. I am reading the partial draft of Midnight Sun though from Stephanie's site. It's basically Twilight from Edward's point of view.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh, I read the first chapter of Midnight Sun on her website. So interesting to see it from his point of view. I think I'm going to enjoy that QUITE a bit!

DON'T Wikipedia! Just wait. It's worth the wait, although I'll be interested to see which "team" you fall on as the series continues...you'll see what I mean when you get there.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Amy--she has suspended the writing of Midnight Sun indefinitely b/c people leaked it on the Internet.

You can read the first 12 chapters on her site.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I read the Twilights because my dd 12 was so into them and as I bought them for her and went to the midnight party of the last book I wanted to know what my 12 year old was reading!

Mamas have to know these things so I read all 4. They were good and short of the last one, okay for children of my dds age.

I thought the last one made abit too much reference to sex for my TWELVE year old but as a whole a good CLEAN book.

I did get a little bored with the last book and even my dd who loves the books and has read them over and over and ooovvvveeerr said she was a little bored with it too.

Oh and I was team Jacob--my dd almost disowned me lol!

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast