Funny Honey's Money Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

good luck in your frugal ride. and the added bonus of losing wt always helps too.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am excited. I get to do a REAL Costco shop on Friday. I have $200 to spend (I need diapers and wipes and all kinds of stuff!). [Stay under budget, Honey!]

We also have our normal Friday grocery shopping, so I have to make some meal plans and shopping lists today (in addition to finishing my final exam for Economics class - yuck!).

Tomorrow is my little boy's birthday! He will be two!!! OMG! I cannot believe it. Nic was born at 28 weeks weighing only 3lbs. He was in the NICU for 8 weeks, and had surgery to seal a valve in his heart. He is a tough little man who has come a long way. To look at him and to interact with you - one could never tell he was born premature. He is perfect in everyway (except when he has a blue crayon to the wall).

I have to make him a ... oh it's going to be a busy week!
    Last edited by Funny Honey; 12-01-2008 at 03:24 PM. Reason: silly me
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So... I think I mentioned previously that Mr. Funny got a promotion. He is now on salary (nice for the budget) - so a raise there (Friday's paycheck is the first!). He also got a $2K bonus! After taxes (ugh!) it's $1066 - there is our BABY EMERGENCY FUND!!

Not to mention... January is a three paycheck month for him! After food and gas and stuff, we will have $1100 from that 3rd paycheck to put towards our snowball.

And finally, I just got notice, my reimbursement check from school will be here at the end of the month! $1397!

My first 8 cards are all $600 or less each. We are going to be able to pay off several cards the first 2 months! (Our Snowball is a whopping $600 (not including $400 for the minimums).

I am pleased, and will take what I can get, since I know it won't always be this easy.

We will continue to put a hundred or so in savings for our truck, which we have to fix (we are only using one vehicle right now). If I get that new job, I may be working different hours - in the other direction, so carpooling won't be an option.

P.S. It's also my b-day... My employees got me a Gift Card to my favorite semi-fast food place (Mexican) - with enough cash loaded to feed me at least 5 lunches!! Yummy!

Off to go change my siggy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations on Mr Funnys promotion and your cheque from school, that will certainly start making that snowball bigger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12