Funny Honey's Money Challenge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking Funny Honey's Money Challenge

Hello all.
    As you can see from my post count, I am new here.
    I've been lurking around the site - and decided to just jump right in while I am still motivated.

My name is Jaime (31). I have been married almost 14 years (12/16) to my DH (also 31). We have 3 kids, 2 dogs, clutter, chaos and debt.

I KNOW 2009 will be the year for us. We won't be debt free - but we will be well on our way; creating new habits, eliminating debt, and saving for our future (and our first home).

We've had a rough six months, but we are slowly getting caught up. By January we should have our Baby EF paid in full and also be able to start our Snowball Fight.

Here are my challenges to myself for the next 40 days:
    1. Create Debt Thermometer to hang on the wall
    2. Balance the checkbook 3x a week (no more relying on the Online Banking
    balances (thus no more bank fees - ever!)

3. Start Baby EF
    4. Create Snowball Fight list

I look forward to getting to know each of you!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome! You'll find all the support and advice you need here. I look forward to watching your progress
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the village! I really love your idea of a debt thermometer!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome! Looking forward to following your journey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh... it ain't pretty.
    I am so not an artist... but once I start filling in the red part (thus paying off fills), I am sure it will be looking might fine. My first 7 credit cards are all $600 or less (snowball is looking to be about $750)... The first bit should go by fast.

None-the-less, challenge one is done and I have the red Sharpie stains to prove it.

And sadly enough...I don't have 15 posts yet, so I can't show pictures.
    off to post some hello's

I ran out of room... I prolly shoulda done circles.

There you have it -- $90K in debt (total with everything)...Goal is to have it paid off by 2014. Oh! I wish I had a fast forward >>>>>>> button!

Thanks for all of your well wishes and welcomes!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi and welcome!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello and welcome.
    Good Luck on your journey to becoming debt free!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome to FV!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome, it sounds like you are on the right track. Picking up ideas here at FV should help you to stay motivated!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is a great place for ideas and motivation. I am fairly new myself and have picked up some great ideas here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcom to fv. I love this site. Your like me I am hoping that 2009 will be the year in my houshold as well. Good luck and best wishes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi and Try to enjoy your debt reduction journey, I know that's easier said then done. I'm nearing the end of my several years of debt reduction and though I won't miss my debt, I thought I would have the feeling of dancing or celebrating a victory. I felt just as empowered along the way as the debts were paid off and the balance came down (those smaller victories kept me going), so enjoy the process and I can't wait to see your progress

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Grocery Shopping and Nov W5 and Dec W1 Budgets

Thanks again for the welcome!

I went grocery shopping today... and budgeted $85. I went to Wal-Mart without an coupons (shame on me) and spent $75. Of course, I did have a calculator and stuck to my list. Mr. Funny will have to go out on Friday to get Tortillas, Bread, Potatoes and Cranberry Sauce. We like bread from a certain store (hey, if you are going to eat the extremely cheap stuff, it has to be the best! right?). Wal-Marts potatoes were $4 a bag (OMG!) and they were just plain out of Cranberry Sauce (jellied, thank you very much). We are celebrating T-Day on Saturday with my parents. So, I have $10 left for that stuff.

It didn't seem like I got all that much (bottom of the receipt says 43 items). I had some stuff already in the pantry. We are just abt out of meat - so, most of the meals will be quick and easy.

I did have to buy some toiletries which we only do every other month.
    I am looking forward to next week (the 5th)... Mr. Funny gets paid - and that is our COSTCO paycheck!! Two Hundred Smack-A-Roos! Heaven. Plus we will have an additional $110 for groceries. So, I will be able to buy ALL of our meat for the month, and stockpile cans and applesauces and puddings and stuff like that. I ju st have to find a way to save more money. Maybe Wal-Mart isn't the way to go.

Day.........Dinner
    Friday..........Homemade Bean Burritos and Spanish Rice
    Saturday......Thanksgiving @ my moms
    Sunday........Chicken and Baked Potatoes
    Monday........Mac N Cheese
    Tuesday.......Eggs, Potatoes and Toast
    Wednesday..Tuna Salad Sandwhiches
    Thursday......Hotdogs and Potato Salad

Just a side note. Mr. Funny and I both work outside of the home. I get off between 4:30 and 5 (M-F) and he works Sunday - Wednesday from 7am to 8-9pm (LOOOONG days. We decided to no longer wait for him M-W, so we keep it pretty simple those days. Costs less money too. It's cheaper to feed the kids cereal for dinner! =)

December is when we will start our new budget. I have the first week to share.
    And some of you may not care - but I really think it's going to keep me accountable to post this kind of stuff!

Budget - Nov W5
    Rent................$1330
    Gas.................$60 (to add to Costco Gift Card and kept in Van)
    Food................$95
    First Premier.....$25

Budget - Dec W1
    Daycare............$160
    DishNetwork......$75
    Phone/Internet...$85
    Electricity..........$120
    Gas..................$70
    Food.................$110 (Envelope)
    Costco..............$200
    Water...............$50
    Verizon (Cell).....$150
    MISC................$326 (to go to Credit Card minimums before Snowball begins)
    Toiltries............$20 (Envelope)
    Clothes.............$20 (Envelope)

So there you have it... =)
    Off to figure out how I can shave the food budget down (I have abt 400 right now) or just get more for my buck! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

(I know the alignment is all over the place, sorry! Can't wait to be able to post pics!)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SammeyG... Looks like we are in the same neck of the woods... eer desert? =)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, today is our T-day with my parents... I have a lot to do; Green Bean casserole, Crandberry Sauce, Mashed Potatoes and get three kids and one husband ready by 3pm. Oh, I guess I should throw my self in the mix - I need to get ready for sure. =)

Some good news. Down 4lbs since November 1. It's because we are no longer drinking soda. At all. We save money and lose weight. Nice! =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast