Emergency Fund Challenge! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, I figured out my amount. DH and I can only do $50 a month to start. We're still trying to get a major credit card payed off and move into a house. But it's a start. Yea!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kimbee-That's what I do every month and it really adds up!! Any start is a good start!!

WTG!!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok gonna join this one too!It will be great to have this just incase something happens.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob mylittle4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in too! I am going with $50.00 per month, but I have to say looking at my budget for Jan. I will be lucky to do $25.00, but that is a lot more than $0.00.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK so let's hear where you are opening your account and on what date you will put this money in the account. Commit to a time and place and if you haven't already, commit to an amount. I find writing down what you are planning to do is like writing a contract to yourself. Something you promise to do in writing!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK this is what I am going to do:

-Every 17th of the month, I will deposit $200 into my emergency account at the TD Bank for the next year!

-I will not touch this money unless there is a real emergency such as an illness or loss of job

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob mylittle4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will deposit $25.00 every 2 weeks into a savings account that I have no ATM card for.
    Current emergency balance $7.00(lets hope an emergency doesn't hit soon!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, I will pledge to put $25 in every month by the 5th. I just read this post, so I will have to put this month's in on Monday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I pledge to put in $200 on the 30th of each month(with the exception of feb which will be the 28th into my emergency fund.And I will not touch it unless loss of job or illness occurs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I changed my auomatic deduction from 50.00 per month to 75.00 per month. It gets deposited to the emergency fund on the 15th of every month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to see if my credit union has a savings with a penalty for withdrawal, otherwise I'll find another bank. Will check into it tomorrow 1/6.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default My DH and I have choosen to put all the money I get for Doing Surveys away for our ..

My DH and I have choosen to put all the money I get for Doing Surveys away for our Emergency Savings Fund.
    Also for our Savings Fund.
    It is not much money that I make on these Surveys.
    But My DH and I have a Saying that helps us out and it goes like this:
    It may not be much but every little bit of money that we save and that we put towards paying off Debt helps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is great! Let me know when everyone has put their money in for the month. We can do this! Baby steps!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today is the big day! I am going to the bank and I am depositing $200 into my emergency account. I love having the security of having some money in the bank just in case.

Has everyone deposited their money this month?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yea Shell!!! Great Start!!!

My deposit goes on the 15th of every month, so it will go on Wednesday.

If its allright with you, I am going to "borrow" your idea and put the amount in my sig. line, to keep my motivated and to watch the savings grow!! Great idea!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast