Emergency Fund Challenge! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Halo go right ahead and put it in your sig. line. I think it helps to remind you how far you've come and keeps you motivated!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks!!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I did it! I went to the bank first thing and deposited my $200.00 for this month. That brings our emergency account to a grand total of: $2,600.00! I have been working on this now for one year and one month. It is a goal that I am very proud of.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My first deposit for 2003 went yesterday!!! $75.00 more tucked away for emergencies!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow! That is great. Doesn't it feel good to have some money tucked away?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is almost the end of Jan. Does everyone have their Jan. payment deposited?

Registered User PennyPinchinPam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm coming in late but count me in. Our credit union has a second savings account which is not accesible my ATM. We just need to go open it. I'm going to push for $500 a month ($250 a paycheck). That would be $6000 a year. We use to keep a $1000 emergency fund in regular savings but ended up spending it. We can do this ladies!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow! $500.00 a month that is GREAT! Wait until the end of the year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It will be the first time ever we've saved that amount. We are just starting to see the light after all those years of CC bills.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My ermegency fund is cash that I put away in a book on my armoire. Unfortunately, I'm about to deplete it! I broke my glasses and the wire is too thin to be sautered, and so I need completely new frames. I've been wearing 3 year old glasses with a 3 year old prescription for 2 weeks now, and I am TIRED of not being able to see anything! So, there goes my emergency money, however, what a nice relief to have it so I don't have to dip into our bank account!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am sorry to hear about your glasses Amy. You are welcome to join our challenge anytime that you can though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am sorry about your glasses too!! But at least you had the money there and did not have to put your new glasses on a credit card!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glasses are so expensive. I'm glad you had the cash to cover it. Will you also be updating your prescription so you can see. My hubby does that too. I have to practically force him to get a new precscription. I think he's afraid to see how bad his eyes have gotten.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

LOL lovinmama. The prescription is basically new. I have degenerative eye disease in my family, so I am a regular at the eye doctors office. Thank goodness I didn't need a new prescription as well!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast