Emergency Fund Challenge-February
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Emergency Fund Challenge-February

Well, it is a new month and time to make another payment into your emergency fund. How is everyone doing? If you were not able to deposit any money last month you can still start this month. I wish I started doing this ten years ago. It seems the only way that I can save money. If I keep the money in my chequeing account it always seems to get spent.

Don't forget to post when you have made your monthly deposit. I don't deposit mine until the 17th.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Am gearing up for Feb. Will be making my deposit on the 17th too. I wish I had started this before too!!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to join the Emergency Fund Challenge too. Everyone posting keeps me motivated. Thank you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User PennyPinchinPam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got our $500 for February in already. WOO!!HOO!! Thanks for starting this challenge.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You are very welcome Pam. I know when I started doing this last year I couldn't believe how easy it was. It is so much easier to put a little away once a month rather then trying to come up with a huge lump sum.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in too,I put $100 each month in.After we pay the van off it should be more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd like to put in at least $100 a month.
    I deposited $105 today.
    That makes a total of $206.
    I've decided all rebates,refunds, and change from the change jar will be going into the account.

We have a savings account in another state that earns a better interest rate but I want a true emergency fund so I don't have to go through red tape to access the funds and avoid using credit cards or destroying the monthly budget.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh that dh! This is the 3rd time he has come to me with ideas about how the spend that emergency fund. I told him the emergency fund is for EMERGENCIES! Unless he loses his job, gets sick or there is a great depression we are not touching that money. I told him one day he will thank me when something goes wrong and we have that money to fall back on. Does anyone else get that problem from their dh?

cmu
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well....I have only been able to start this past friday...Total so far is $50.00

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's great! Welcome aboard.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Shell, I know just what you mean. I am just starting our EF but DH always a plan about how to spend any money we get. He thinks he has a list for the tax refund this year. He is getting a motor for his truck but with the remainder he has tried telling about the new television that we need, but he is WRONG. We have a 19in tv in the living room which is fine with me, but he seems to think it is just plain uncivilized to have a television that small in the living room, sometimes he can be such a hairbrain. .

Blessings,
    Kathy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am working A LOT this last few weeks, so I was able to put away $1000 last month....this month I think I might buy my sofa, so I might not be able to put as much away....but I will try for $300 at least! I also put $150 in my RRSP on the 15th of every month! I am very motivated by this challenge because I probably would have spent that $1000 believe it or not!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I understand Katybird. DH has been bugging me for a plasma tv. We already have 3 tv's in the house. I told him I wouldn't even go to look at one until every single bill is paid and that includes his cc's. (That should take care of that for a while!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Babynurse that is just great! Keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought I would go early and deposit my money into our emergency account. Never know when that baby is coming! I am putting in $200.00 today. That makes a total of $2,800.00. I like the comfort of having some money in the bank for emergencies and only putting in a little every month really didn't hurt that much. How is everyone else doing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast