Sept. Emergency Fund Challenge!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Sept. Emergency Fund Challenge!

Yes, it time for another payment into the good 'ol emergency fund. Some people say you should have 3-4 months for an emergency fund but with the unstable economy THEY are now suggesting 6 months!

What I want to know is . . . who is they? They always have so much to say don't they?
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Even though it seems I am in this challenge by myself now, I am still going to keep going. Time to put another $200 in my emergency fund making a grand total of . . . $4,000.00. Yipee!!!!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm almost embarassed to say we don't have one! It's one of those things that I keep saying, I have to set one up and never do. Do you have it as a savings account and transfer if need be or a chequing account?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We had to use ours up and now we need to start rebuilding it again. I get paid on the 25 of the month, so I plan to pay toward it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I keep it in a savings account & when I have $5,000 I will lock it up in a GIC or something. So far I haven't needed to use one penny.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What is a GIC? We have a savings account and I periodically deposit money into it. I really need to get into the habit of making a fixed amount per week or month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A GIC stands for guaranteed interest certificate I believe. It may not be available in the US. Another choice might be a bond. Something with low risk but a little higher interest then just you get with a savings account.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am with you Heather. But I am working on setting one up. I am also setting up a vacation account. A vacation every 7 years is not to much to ask, I don't think.