Energy Savings Challenge! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That`s a great idea to post our electric bill challenge!

Now, I just have to find it so I can post the progress I made LOL!!!

All I can say is two years ago I was paying 155.00$ a month on a budget plan and today, I am paying 83.50$ or something a month! Yes, yes! It`s correct! I have worked very, very hard on saving electricity over the past two years...even the kids are helpful about it and my dh!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Monthly bills: Internet $22.95 a month
    Local Phone bill $49.60 this month!!
    Cell Phone Bill $50.00 a month!!
    Gas Card bill for both Cards $ 20.00 -$50.00 a month!!
    CreditCard bill for a month $58.00 a month!!
    Water Bill for a month is about $22.00 !!
    LongDistanc Phone Bill is about $ 25.00 a month!!
    Electric is about $62.00 ever month this year because we are a budget plan with our Electric Company!!
    Our Mortgage is about $519 a month!!
    Extra bills are Medical which we are going to pay off soon!!
    Don't know the price of them yet!!
    Those are all of our monthly bills!!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How are we doing on this challenge? I myself had to fight with the electric company last month. I was on the budget plan and currently have a $192.00 CREDIT on my account. My payment has been $133.00 per month for the budget. When the summer rates started, they raised my payment to $175.00, because they decided I'll use more energy in the summer. Last year they did this and OWED ME over $300.00 in the fall. I didn't have to pay my electric bill for 3 months.

Anyway, this ticked me off because I just bought a new energy efficient air conditioner, so I know my bills won't be as high this year. I call them and tell them to take me off the budget. They said "your account is in William's name, he has to call us. Is he available right now?" NO YOU MORON-he works for a living!!! I had to have DH call them when he got home. He questioned their logic, and got some gobbledygook answer. We're off the budget now, and I think we're going to stay that way. Why should I bust my butt trying to pay $175.00 a month when they don't need it anyway???? I used to think this was a good idea for my budget, but for now on, I think I'll just pay my regular bill. So if you are on the budget, check your balances periodically, they may be trying to rip you off.

As for my savings, I hung some clothes line (tired of waiting for DH I wash 1 load a day and hang it out. When I have to use the dryer, I note it on the calendar how many loads I did in the dryer, so I know when the bill comes. Flourescent bulbs are helping, but DH and DD's leave tv's on all over the house.

How are you doing on your challenge? I don't have my bills handy to post them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Challenges on our Energy Savings as well as Savings on Bills!!

Challenges on our Energy Savings as well as Savings on Bills!!
    Power Bill is $62.00
    Water Bill about $21.00
    Local Phone Bill for this Month is Paid For By our Phone Company we are in a CO-OP with our Phone Company!!
    Long Distance Phone Bill about $18.00
    Long Distance Calling Card Phone Bill $2.20
    Satelite Bill $31.00
    Gas Credit Card Bill $38.00
    Gas Credit Card Bill$45.00
    Credit Card Bill$65.00
    Mortgage Bill$ 520.54
    That is all the Bills besides the Medical Bills!!
    Medical one is $315.00
    One is $50.00
    One is $50.00
    Our First Goal is to get the Medical Bills totally paid off !!
    Mine is $15.00 Medical Bill!!
    My DD is $58.00 Medical Bill!!
    Then Credit Card Bills Paid Off!!
    Then Mortgage Paid Totally Off!!
    So We have along way to go but we are working on it slowely but surely we will be out of Debt Hopefully For Good!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our gas bill was $27.72 this month (I forget what it was last month, lol, but it was more).

Our light bill hasn't come in yet, and I'm a little worried. We've gotten pretty trigger-happy with the central air.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am on that standard payment plan for gas an electric.

Every month it is $87 for electric and $94 for gas.

I like it this way because I always know what my bills will be. They just round it out for the year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ARGH!! I got my electric bill and it was $180 freakin dollars! I called them and they said it was an estimated bill since our gate was locked. I told them NO my gate was not locked during the day. He then informed me that the meter reader made note of the gate was locked & dogs were out. LOL Wellllllllllllllll duh!!! The gate was locked CAUSE the dogs were out. I said "Dont they honk to let me know?" He said, No. ROFL Oh ok. So I ask, What day do they come to check the meter?" he said ....Oh the 15th, 16th or the 17th ROFL Oh ok soooooooo Im suppose to keep my dogs in the house for 3 days until they come read the meter?!?!?%!##$!!%# I think not! I said, well you can put a note on there for the meter to HONK if the gate is locked. I will put the dogs up and he can check the meter. He kinda hoo-hummed about doing that. I ask to speak to his supervisor, he didnt like that,lol His supervisor said he could do better than honking....he assured me they would come on the 16th every month. Smart man, lol
    Until then I have to pay that freakin $180 bill too. The estimated charge was off by over 300 kilowatts
    ~Michele~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am cringing in fear at the thought of our bill coming this month......we too have been trigger happy with that little thing called the thermostat too. I will be happy if we can pay the darn bill.......did call this am and found out what the hours are for off/on peak. Now I have knowledge to use in the war against high electric bills!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our electric bill was $0.00. The gas bill was $28.??. Long distance bill was $1.81. Phone bill was $25.52(last month (10.03)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Ladies,

Hope you don't mind a newbie here

I am going to give this one a try this month. Hopefully I can bring the amounts down a bit.

Electricity
    May: $128.85
    June: $148.15
    ( can you tell that I am a wimp when it comes to the hot weather?? )

Water: (also includes sewage charges)
    May: $91.38
    June: $88.67

Hopefully for July, the amounts will be down. Guess it is time to go and turn down the thermostat for the AC!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Welcome ImVickieB jump right on in!! :) Glad you have joined us!! :)

Welcome ImVickieB jump right on in!! Glad you have joined us!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is an area I need motivation on. Our electricity bill is usually pretty high. For June it was $260.12. That includes water, sewer and garbage. I know that I should be able to get this down, but I have a love affair with my A/C. <G> Living in FL, with the humidity, if we don't keep it cool it takes forever to cool back down. Also, my 3 year old and 17 month old are asthmatics, and need the cooler air temps. We have one ceiling fan in the LR, and I'd like to add another. Our LR/DR is connected, and it's pretty big, so we could easily fit another fan in.

What temperature do you keep your water heaters on? What about halogen light bulbs? I know they are expensive, but do they make a big enough difference in power bills to be worth it?Anyone here use them?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are a family of 4 sometimes 5 if my ss or niece is here. We also have 2 teenagers who always have friends over during the summer. We have an all electric house with 2 refrigerators, central air and lots of landscape lighting. My dh has the water heater set on 120 and he also has asthma so our thermostat is usually set no higher than 75 during the summer. I live in the humid southeast so I am sure that our climates are very similar. Our power bill is usually around $150 or $175. We don't use halogen bulbs but we do use flourescent. We have those bulbs in the gameroom, kitchen and under the carport. By the way our water, sewage and garbage is a separate bill. It usually runs about $40 a month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hip Hip Hooray! My electric bill was $122.00!!!! I've been running the a/c 24/7 since May!! I am definitely doing the happy dance! That combined with the fact that I had a credit due to their "fuzzy math", I don't have to pay my bill this month, and I have a $70.00 credit towards next month! WOOOO HOOOO!

My gas bill was $31.00 with a $5.00 credit from last month for a total of $26.00.

How are you doing? I know hanging at least half of my laundry out is helping my electric bill!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Our Power Bill this month was 57.58 for the month of June/July!!

Our Power Bill this month was 57.58 for the month of June/July!!
    We are still on a Budget Plan but now on our New Budget Plan we can use alot more power and still pay the same amonth every month and not have to worry if we have to pay in or if we recieve money at the end of the year!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast