Energy Savings Challenge! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here is a run down of mine. the electric bill includes sewer and water, plus i will list gas too!

Jan:
    E: 115.69
    G:80.51

Feb:
    E:128.81
    G:128.81

March:
    E:110.00
    G:110.00

April:
    E"110.34
    G:98.94

May:
    E:112.19
    G:77.56

June:
    E:115.91
    G:43.97

July:
    E:154.29
    G:24.49
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi everyone, middle of the year but better late than never.

My electric for last month was $260.00. We are total electric with a shed/workshop detached. Just the shed runs $40.00 a month.

We have given up on watching the thermostat this months as we were all miserable with the heat here in the Southwest. I'm afraid the new bill coming out will hit $300.00.

I can't put clothes outside cause of all the dirt that blows so much.

I am going to try and get this under control though. I am beginning to plan for the winter also.

I have two cold spots in the house. I have heard there is such a thing called window quilts and that there are several ways to make them more energy efficient but so far I have not been able to find instructions on how these are made.

Any one have the instructions? Any help would appreciated. Thanks, dolphin.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dolphin, you just need to move, girl!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My May electric bill was $79.00
    june & july were both $81.00
    I will be paying less after I move

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

"Dolphin, you just need to move, girl! "

I know, it has been a shock to see how much more electricity is here in Nevada.

I try so hard to save on the other stuff but so hard to save on air conditionioning when you are miserable and it is so handy.

Hopefully by next year we will have enough saved to buy swamp coolers. They are much more energy efficient.

Pray for us. LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Window quilts dont have to be made. We use to use in older home old comforters or blankets. I would use them in rooms that you dont entertain in. In the rooms I entertained in Id certainly look into getting lined curtains.
    Check local thrift stores for sources of cheap quilts for your windows.

All that said our electric bill was $199 this month. To say I was shocked is an understatment. Add this to the fact our phone bill was incorrectly charged to the tune of $856 and Ive had a complete bill shock month. I cant tell you what my face looked like opening up a phone bill I would assume to be $80 and seeing it almost $900. My son thought he would have to call 911. I literally had trouble breathing and had to put my head between my knees to get myself in control! The phone company mistakenly charged me $.30 per minute for my computer line calls. And since it SHOULD cost a flat fee of $.25 per call no matter the lenght of the calls (local long distance since we live in the boonies). There was times I was signed on for DAYSSSSSSSSSS so I wouldnt have to make an $.25 call. At $.30 a minute...ROFL It was sticker shock. They adjusted the price when I called and paologized profusely. My DH said he wished my son did have to call 911 then he could sue them for damages,LOLOLOL
    I have no clue where we went wrong with our electric bill. But since recieving it we have turned out almost ALL lights, turned the water heater temp down and turn it off completely for most of the day. And keep the a/c set at 75/80. We are hoping to see a bigger difference next month. We will let you know how we do!
    God Bless,
    ~Michele~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OK, Thanks for the advice. Reality is that For July 26 to Aug 26, our electric bill is now """"""$357.00"""""

Totally unreal. Was so hot here. I changed filters every two weeks.

We must have problem with freon or something. I don't know but know this is rediculous.

No longer need advice, need prayers. lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123