July Emergency Fund Challenge---Time to pay de Guido! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I'm having "issues" this month. My "wonderful" fiance decided he needed a new bike, he mountain bikes, but he wanted to get into road biking--I guess he thinks he's Lance Armstrong. Well, this bike was custom made to fit his measurements, weight, etc. I now have a Discover card bill of $4000. So, I will be putting money towards that and I'll be putting a little bit in my emergency fund. I want to get this card paid off ASAP, because I want to buy a house soon. Phew, sorry to ramble!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I understand Gina, dh has tried many times to spend the emergency fund. Things that were an emergency? Big screen tv or a plasma tv. We already have 3 tv's in the house.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's pay day on Thursday. Can't wait to run to the bank and put in my $200.00. We are almost half way through the month. Has anyone else put their money in?

When December comes, I think I will buy a GIC with it so I won't be tempted to spend it. What are you going to do with all the money you save?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Part of the money I'm saving is going to go towards a down payment on a house. The rest will stay in the emergency fund for emergencies!

Shell, what is a GIC?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's great Gina. GIC stands for guaranteed (sp?) interest certificate. The bank locks up the money but pays you a higher interest rate. In the US it is probably called something else. I can cash it anytime in case of an emergency though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My $50 will be going in this week. I'll let you know the day it goes in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I took out $800 from my EF for vacation money--- still have $949 left in the account.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK ladies, it is the middle of the month who has got some 'mo money for the Guido-man???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was so good today. Things are tight as I am getting married next month but I put in my $200.00 today! Oh Guido should be so happy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

'Dis is da Guido. I'm about to make you an offer you can't refuse . . .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looking forward to hearing this "offer."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good job, Shell! You're account just keeps on growing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I put in $50 over the weekend. Most of what I would save is going towards the Discover card bill to get it paid off ASAP! Shell, congrats on your upcoming wedding. I also can't wait to hear this "offer"!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh it was just Guido doing his Marlon Brando impression. The God father is his fav. movie. He is also fond of gold chains and shirts open to his belly button.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast