No-Shopping Challenge

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default No-Shopping Challenge

After going to grocery stores three days in a row and blowing my July budget, I've finally admitted that I have a problem--a spending problem.

I LOVE getting deals. But I am going nuts because deals are everywhere and I am running out of space (and money) and my DH thinks I'm an addict! LOL

Stupid me just spent another $50 at the grocery store (saved $35 in coupons)

When I came home I felt guilty because I didn't "need" any of it!

I am going to make a promise to myself to NOT spend anymore money on stuff just because I have a coupon. We have plenty of food to last us at least 6 weeks. The only reason I may need to go to the grocery store would be for milk, produce or bread--that's it! So from now until August 1st, I am going on a No-Spending Challenge.

No one else may want to do this No-Shopping Challenge, but I needed to post it so that I don't cheat!

Wish me luck!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good luck, Betsy! I'm afraid I can't join because I need to go shopping weekly for bread and milk and produce, but I can try to not go shopping for other stuff that I don't need! Anyway, we're behind you!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

<sigh>

I'm a shopaholic, too. Lucky me (?) my husband is the "sensible" one - he's always asking if it's a need or a want... Of course, if I really really really want it - I decide it's a need!! LOL

Sooo, I think I need to take this challenge!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought you were posting about Ralph's alot-LOL! Good luck on your challenge. I only shop once a week IF necessary. I generally don't kill time at Kmart or Target, etc. All the good stores are too far away. That keeps me humble.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck I am with you all the way!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck Betsey! I can't join you because my kids eat as fast as I buy! I wish I could though..lol!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile I will join you on the No-Shopping Challenge!! :)

I will join you on the No-Shopping Challenge!!
    I just love to shop period but we have no money !!
    One of my DH's Favorite Sayings is Shop all you want as long as you are going to look because that is the Best Shopping when you go window shopping and you have no money!!
    I love to get good deals as well but we are financially strapped at this time!! So I definetly need to join you in the No-Shopping Challenge to save my family more money and all!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hear you! I went shopping the other day and bought popsicles and such because they were 'good deals.' I came home with a bunch of great deals that I didn't need.

I had to break myself of the habit of buying 3 cans of tuna for $1. Why? I finally realized "hey, no one here likes tuna!"

I've noticed a tendency on my part to buy things I don't need when it's an especially good deal. Like last week I got a big box of make it yourself grahm cracker smores for 75 cents. I'm chubby enough as is! It is some kind of crazy addiction! I veer towards the discounted items and if it's 75% off or more, I start looking for reasons to buy it! Crazy.

Hi, my name is Susan and I'm a bargain-o-holic...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Betsy,
    I need to join you too. We have been going out to eat alot this summer and taking lots of trips. The granddaughters have been with us, a great deal, and I want them to have a great summer. Only problem is...Also been spending way too much money! I really need to slow down on my spending. I love sales too and spend way too much on them as well. I know I am a Shop-O Holic too. Maybe with your support, I can do better!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to declare August NO CLOTHES shopping month for me

I bought plenty of clothes this month to last me all summer and most of fall..so until winter comes around I won't need anything new..as far as I know that is!

I still have a couple Clothestime coupons I want to use just because I saw some really cute stuff and I think that I could end up with each peice for 5-10$
    I'm addicted to clothes now!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh moved me so far out in the country Im not near any kind of stores. Cured me,LOL
    God Bless,
    ~Michele~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

August is going to be NO SHOPPING MONTH for me! We just got back from Pismo Beach and the $$ we spent in just 3 days is insane! We spent $20 before we even got there!

In August I am going to eat what we have in the house. No more buying stuff just because it is a great deal.

p.s. ayalasmommy--your new avatar is adorable!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks Betsy!

And good luck with your no shopping month, i know how hard it is to not even go for the free stuff (tax only) aaah it's kinda depressing but then I try and think WHERE would I have put it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

She's a cutie Ayla!