My September Challenge!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cool My September Challenge!

I'm due to have my THIRD baby girl on October 12. My oldest will be 4 years on Oct 26 and my youngest is 19 months, two on Feb 2.

I have to kick my butt into gear. We're finally caught up from DH being laid off Sept '07-Feb '08 and the new company taking forever with paychecks! Oy, what a summer! But anyway -

Here are MY main goals for September (not using DH, bwahaha):

- Hold my last 5 parties and use my earnings toward the rest of the baby items I need and DD1's 4th Birthday/Party, start on DD2's 2nd Birthday/Party and possibly Christmas (DIY Baskets this year)

- Use my team's qualifying bonus for new carpet in DD1/DD2's bedroom and the nursery

- Finish the Master Bedroom [Paint Trim, New Outlets/Covers]
    (we're remodeling our house and it's 1/2 finished, I can't stand projects in progress, gah- I had my mom come over today to help me with the master bedroom so I can set up for DD3's arrival.. I have not done a darn thing of planning for her (besides the need/want list))

- Make a "Stockpile List": Figure out what we use the most of and stock up 3-4 months worth (part of the remodeling is my laundry room, which is always attached to my brand new pantry - gotta fill it out somehow).. already have this started with bathroom supplies, need to work on kitchen since I refuse to go out in Lake Effect Snow.. especially with three children.. thank you Michigan!

- Limit Eat Out Days! DH is prone to fast food because of his hours so I need to start packing him a huge lunch/dinner. I do want one last night out before we have the baby to our favorite restaurant though, surprise date?

- Only Drive When I Must! I do my parties on the weekends (DD1 starts pre-school soon too, 2 1/2 hours every other day) and I know I can make my Walgreens/Rite Aid trips then. Same with groceries, even if it's 10:00 at night, my Tahoe eats gas like I eat ice-cream. It's sickening.

- Coupons. Enough said. $300-$400 grocery budget, including diapers for DD2, DD3 is budgeted in my baby need/want list which is the first thing on this current list (and I have a LOT of diaper coupons, yay)

-Craigslist. I have a TON of items I need to post but I've been lazy. Sell what I don't need or use and put it toward the darn debt!

- Pay $200 toward CC Debt (not counting what I sell on Craigslist). This is with ME working, only (will use more of DH's paycheck but this is about ME, hehe). Not making as much as I was when I wasn't 9 months pregnant (way too tired to do 5-6 parties a week) and I still have to complete the first thing listed with the money I make..

- Walk on my treadmill 5 times a week, at least 15 minutes each time, goal is 30 minutes. Going for a VBAC, need to start preparing my body

- Create a house cleaning list. I know I'm going to hit that nesting mode eventually and I'm a list freak, it just helps.

- Make Budget for October/November/December for DH while I am busy with three kids

- Finish painting frames for DIY Christmas Baskets, make Christmas need list for gifts

- Quit worring so much about not getting everything done.. I posted it, now I must do it, right?

Right. But first I am going to take a long nap!

*DH and DD1 are sleeping on the couch with the CARS Movie on.. DD1 is flu sick.. I think I'll let them cuddle for the night, they need it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I admire you to have 2 little ones with one on the way and be so motivated to get things done. When i can imagine you just want to put your feet up. Best of luck to you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good luck!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck also!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So glad it's not September yet! I have no motivation whatsoever. My two kids have been sick ALL week and I am EXHAUSTED! Tonight I ordered pizza.. Gah! My party for tomorrow night is rescheduling, who knows if it'll be in time before I take my business maternity leave. I was counting on that extra money ~ time to changes some rules in my business I guess!

Tomorrow I want to get a jump start on finishing the trim in the master bedroom so I can start setting up for the new baby. 45 days to go.. so much to do, so little time to do it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last night I held 2 parties and was able to add $$ to my baby fund. I only need $319 more in order to get the rest of the baby things I need (and want, hehe) - I have over $200 from my company coming after the 15th so I'll only need about $120 more which shouldn't be a problem! I only have two more scheduled (one had to reschedule) for the 12th and 13th. Hoping I can get $200 then to pay my CC goal for the month (on my own) and a little extra to finish off the $120! I just need to hide it now. Oy!

Tomorrow I am going to finish painting my lower trim, window and door. Hopefully - I'm exhausted this weekend!

I have a very busy week coming up right before school starts but I think I'll work on my "lists" and get those marked off too!

.. and I think I'll post on craigslist tomorrow since we'll all be home and I'll have an extra set of hands (daddy)

33 weeks today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow-you really have a lot going on!!! Get some rest as well before the baby comes!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

First of all, I am exhausted just reading all of your plans and I am not pregnant. I need your energy level.
    Glad you get to vbac. Our hospital did away with this option right before I had my 3rd child. I DID NOT want another section. Everything ended up fine.
    Good luck with your list and your delivery.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Parksfamily5 View Post
    First of all, I am exhausted just reading all of your plans and I am not pregnant. I need your energy level.
    Glad you get to vbac. Our hospital did away with this option right before I had my 3rd child. I DID NOT want another section. Everything ended up fine.
    Good luck with your list and your delivery.
    I only had a c-section with DD2 because she was over 10 lbs. My previous doctor didn't think I could do it. I looked for MONTHS for the "right" doctor and so far, so good. I opted out of tests and everything with no problem. I feel more at peace with this baby than I did with my other two because I know what I want and am not scared to ask for it. If I have to have a c-section, I will.. but at this point I am trying to stay active and avoid it as much as possible. =)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went shopping for Baby #3 today and spent my $200 for her - on stuff from my list!! I added a baby book onto my list so instead of $250 more I want $300 more. Again, no problem and then I am done with that! I also bought DD1's 4th BDay Present - so I'm getting on top of my list!

Family is here today.. gonna eat now!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Down to 36 days til due date.
    Today I want to finish up the master bedroom and start getting everything out for the new baby! Will update later in the week as DD1 starts school on Monday too, busy weekend/week!

I'm pooped already

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mmkay!

- Hold my last 5 parties and use my earnings toward the rest of the baby items I need and DD1's 4th Birthday/Party, start on DD2's 2nd Birthday/Party and possibly Christmas (DIY Baskets this year)
    - Update: DD1's Birthday is Covered and so are the baby items!

- Use my team's qualifying bonus for new carpet in DD1/DD2's bedroom and the nursery
    -Update: Not happening. DH will cover this!

- Finish the Master Bedroom [Paint Trim, New Outlets/Covers]
    (we're remodeling our house and it's 1/2 finished, I can't stand projects in progress, gah- I had my mom come over today to help me with the master bedroom so I can set up for DD3's arrival.. I have not done a darn thing of planning for her (besides the need/want list))
    -Update: I have a LITTLE more trim work and I'm done done done! Even got a lot of baby stuff washed/set up, whoo!

- Make a "Stockpile List": Figure out what we use the most of and stock up 3-4 months worth (part of the remodeling is my laundry room, which is always attached to my brand new pantry - gotta fill it out somehow).. already have this started with bathroom supplies, need to work on kitchen since I refuse to go out in Lake Effect Snow.. especially with three children.. thank you Michigan!

- Limit Eat Out Days! DH is prone to fast food because of his hours so I need to start packing him a huge lunch/dinner. I do want one last night out before we have the baby to our favorite restaurant though, surprise date?
    - Update: Doing good, Dh is picking up fast food right now.. but.. he hasn't been home for the last few days and it's 1:00 in the morning. I am so not cooking

- Only Drive When I Must! I do my parties on the weekends (DD1 starts pre-school soon too, 2 1/2 hours every other day) and I know I can make my Walgreens/Rite Aid trips then. Same with groceries, even if it's 10:00 at night, my Tahoe eats gas like I eat ice-cream. It's sickening.
    - Update: Ha! I can't even drive.. I only drive to school and thats it right now. I'm way too exhausted for this!

- Coupons. Enough said. $300-$400 grocery budget, including diapers for DD2, DD3 is budgeted in my baby need/want list which is the first thing on this current list (and I have a LOT of diaper coupons, yay)
    - Update: I love coupons. LOVE THEM!

-Craigslist. I have a TON of items I need to post but I've been lazy. Sell what I don't need or use and put it toward the darn debt!

- Pay $200 toward CC Debt (not counting what I sell on Craigslist). This is with ME working, only (will use more of DH's paycheck but this is about ME, hehe). Not making as much as I was when I wasn't 9 months pregnant (way too tired to do 5-6 parties a week) and I still have to complete the first thing listed with the money I make..
    - Update: Will know after the 15th!

- Walk on my treadmill 5 times a week, at least 15 minutes each time, goal is 30 minutes. Going for a VBAC, need to start preparing my body
    - Update: Will start after this last busy weekend. I have no energy!

- Create a house cleaning list. I know I'm going to hit that nesting mode eventually and I'm a list freak, it just helps.

- Make Budget for October/November/December for DH while I am busy with three kids

- Finish painting frames for DIY Christmas Baskets, make Christmas need list for gifts

- Quit worring so much about not getting everything done.. I posted it, now I must do it, right?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow! Your totally inspirational! I don't have a child one, and I don't know if I could accomplish half of what you're doing. Much less during a pregnancy. Keep up the awesome work, but don't wear yourself out!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey sounds like u are doing great. I just wanted to jump in and say that I had a successful VBAC. DD was c-sec, DS1 was VBAC and DS2 Was c-sec. If u want to ask any questions feel free to pm me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast