My October Challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Day 12 & 13

Yesterday we studied...and studied...I put in 10 HOURS!! And I'm STILL not done!! Saturday is a midterm...so is next Monday (a week from today). ERF. I think I'm ready for this semester to be OVER with!!

We had scrambled eggs for breakfast...tossed in some onion we had on hand. Lunch was leftovers for me from the meatball dish...and Dh ate more of the turkey lunch meat (there's STILL some left!!). For supper we ate grilled chicken and veggies (both from the freezer...it's really starting to "thin out" in there!).

It'll be nice to get the freezer all cleaned out...the re-stocking...yeah, probably not so fun!

Today we both had school...classes went well...esp the midterm review! I'm a bit relieved! Doesn't sound as bad as I thought it would be!

Ate breakfast at home, brought lunch (you guessed it - pb&j...and carrot sticks...free from my dad). Supper will be out of the pantry tonight...

Drove to school by way of the library (had to return some books)...it's on the way...then straight home. No spend day.
    Kace - Always pinchin' pennies!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Day 14

Drove to school and back... Today we picked up some Taco Bell...spent $5.06...and had a coupon for a free drink. They gave us more coupons!

Food total is now: 57.32/150.00

Got a Best Buy rewards rebate in the mail...$5...good for anything. It's valid into January, so will save it for any Christmas shopping I may need to do...pretty much have the Christmas shopping done, though. Good to have "back up".

I cleaned my kitchen this evening (the reason for the Taco Bell run). I just haven't had time to blink lately...it's midterms time. Hopefully the clean kitchen will give me a bit more "encouragement" to make meals. Pulled some beans out of the freezer (yup, still workin' on the freezer!!) for a quick/easy meal.

It snowed more...have about 4 inches on the ground. Somehow, sometime...I need to get out there and shovel. Ugh...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you make a big old pot of pinto beans you can use half of the beans for Taco soup tomorrow.

1/4th lb ground beef
    can of stewed or diced tomatoes
    can of corn
    some nice spices
    sprinkle a little cheese on top
    thicken with a little corn starch or flour water

eat with tortilla chips

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Day 15

Just another day at school...packed lunches again. (Man, my life is BORING). (As I'm seeing this is writing, I'm realizing!!! Ugh!!).

Drove straight there, straight back. No spend day.

I am pleased with how low we're keepin' the food $$$... Was talkin' about that with Dh last night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aww I bet there are some bright spots in even your worst days that you find boring.

As a wife and Mama I could let that happen to me but I make my own fun lol.

Great news on the food front and the being on the same wave with your dh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Day 16

School again today... We stopped by Costco and got a few groceries...18 pack of eggs, 5 lbs shredded cheese (it lasts longer than anything else we've gotten and is a good deal), and a big thing of whole wheat tortillas (about 5 dozen...lasts us a couple months). Total: 21.47.

Food this month: 78.79/150.00 Still pretty low!

Stopped at the optical shop and had my new glasses adjusted... Brought my old pair with me and had new nose pads put on as one had fallen off...no charge!!

Dh got a small bag of Sun Chips free! One of his classmates had Subway and didn't want the chips...woot! Yummy treat for us!

We ate frugal all day...wrapping up with beans and corn for supper. The freezer is looking a LOT more empty, but there's still a ways to go (ie. it's not jam packed!). Will be good to clean it out real thorough...then start "fresh".

I reeeeeeally want some cold medicine!! This cold does not want to go away! GRRRR I've used up most of the cold meds, throat lozenges, cold/flu teas, etc. that we've had around...which is kinda nice to not have had to go buy all of that stuff. If this doesn't ease up in another day or so I'm just gonna spend the $ and get some...

My "big" expenditure for the day was that I finally got a new pair of shoes... Been needing some for about 6 months??!! (Unlike many women, I'm not a shoe person...and have only a few pairs...and the ones I have are looking, and feeling, mighty ragged). I tend to buy quality and it lasts. So (gulp), I found a very comfortable, very sturdy pair of Merrills... 85.00. They should last for years... Which is good! Excellent arch support...and the tread is really aggressive...which is what I needed last winter when I broke my foot slipping on the stupid ice!! It was still hard to shell out that much money all at once!!! Still looking for a winter coat...

Tomorrow and Saturday are "extra" school days...due to 'lovely' midterm time... Dh needs to be there tomorrow and I need to on Saturday...so, extra driving... And we need to put some gas in the car soon... The good news on that front --- it's down to 3.59/gal!!! (It was 3.79/gal just a week ago!!!). Woot!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not much going on today...another school day... And now Dh has come down with a cold.

We spent 6.98 today having lunch out...I'm just too swamped with midterms to blink... Are we there yet?? I want a nap!

Groceries this month: 85.77/150.00

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Day 18

Well, took my business midterm today...won't get a grade until next week... I think it went pretty good.

Went grocery shopping... I admit, I got some convenience foods. My schedule is just TOO packed right now with school/midterms...so, it was that or take out!

I saved a couple bucks with coupons, but mostly just got stuff on sale. Spent 42.16 for about 5 bags of groceries...not too shabby.

Groceries this month: 127.93/150.00

Okies...back to the books... Thanks for keepin' me accountable!! It's REALLY helpin'!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I think that people have to make choices on the situation.

Decided on prepackaged over take uot was the right choice. Nothing to feel bad about. Be reasonable, you can't find time to bake bread! You gotta buy it. A frozen pizza cost 2 times less than a take one.

You are doing the best you can in your situation. I think you are doing great. You haven't just thrown frugality out the window, you are being frugal every way you can.

Hope things slow down soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Day 19

Well, today wasn't quite a no-spend day, but close... Dh ended up running to the grocery store for cold meds...we're BOTH way sick with this stupid cold...and pretty much all the cold meds we had around here are used up. So, there went $33.56. Grrrr... I hate being sick...

We had meatloaf for supper...Dh actually made it into "meat muffins"...total of 6... So, those will be for 2 more meals for both of us! And I pulled a few potatoes from the pantry for 'taters with sour cream to go with it... Was yummy. So, there's some beef and the bread heels I froze for "filler" out of my freezer!

Sold something on craigslist today...lady is gonna pick up tomorrow...so, there's another $30 in my pocket! (I still have MORE stuff to put on craigslist...some day I'll get to it!!!).

Had to run to my mom's to help out for a couple hours (yes, while I'm feeling like crap, trying to study for midterm, etc.). My dad has the flu now...and my mom is still laid up with her broken ankle and sprained ankle). Erf... Great timing...
    Back to studying!
    Last edited by Luv2BeFrugal; 10-20-2008 at 03:47 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have had killer alleries since GUSTAVE hit and they are not getting any better.

I feel you.

When I get sick life must carry on. I never get to just be sick!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, survived this last week of midterms/testing. Whew! Glad that's over with!

The lady never showed up from my craigslist sale (we actually figured out that we have the same friend). She called and said she was behind schedule (she's got 5 kids...can't blame her!). We'll see if she calls tomorrow...if not, I'll re-list.

Only spending today was filling up the gas tank. We were going to fill up on the way to school, but ran out of time...it was 3.59 (saw the sign on the way there). Well, when we stopped on the way back it was 3.54! I'll take that! Was about $38...

We had leftover meatloaf muffins for supper...used some frozen veggies (still workin' on that freezer!). Took our lunches to school...

I finally used up the last of my travel size conditioner!! I've never really kept track of use of travel sized things before...this is really an eye opener! And the two travel size bar soaps are still going strong! I decided that whenever one started to get "mushy" I'd let it dry and use the other one... Have been switching them back and forth and there's still a LOT of use left in 'em! (Have 2 more to use after this). The small toothpaste (1 of 4) is still in use, as well! I honestly didn't think these things would last so long! There's one or two more uses of the travel shampoo... This is great!
    Last edited by Luv2BeFrugal; 10-21-2008 at 02:23 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Crazy gas here is $2,53.

Sorry you are still paying so much!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketlegs View Post
    Crazy gas here is $2,53.

Sorry you are still paying so much!
    I was thrilled it was down to that!! It was up nearly to $5/gal for SO long!! The bulk of that drop has been in the last 6-8 weeks, too.

I'd LOVE to have that cheap of gas!! But, I'll take what I can get!

Thanks so much for replying to my posts...I feel like you're the one keeping me accountable through all this. And we *are* starting to really see a difference in the checking account! It's lookin' much nicer!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fairly productive day today... Got some housework done before heading to school...went to Sam's Club...made phonecalls... Today was a no-spend day.

My new glasses were NOT good... I've worn glasses since I was 8 years old and have never had something like this happen...but I could NOT see thru them!!!! It was SO weird!! Well, Sam's Club Optical let me chose new frames and they're re-doing them at no charge... (Except I choose a frame that costs about $30 more...so will pay that upon pick up). I was relieved...I was hoping they'd work with me... They were rimless and I have a HIGH prescription...turns out with no rims they have to make them thicker (even with high index) and there was some sort of "optical refraction" or something going on?? Felt like vertigo or something?? And my depth perception was really off...dangerous, really... So, got that all "in process" and should have the new ones in 2 weeks or less...

Spent 4 hours in the math lab... Got caught up on math homework...

Set up another pick up time for what I sold on craig's...Thursday night... Hope they show! If not, I'll re-list...

I was SO tired today...I really wanted to get some drive thru on the way home... But, we had supper at here...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast