No Spend Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 411 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by walker24 View Post
    Thanks for all your answers. I like the idea of grocery shopping and sticking to my list not being a spend day. Even more incentive to put my blinders on in the grocery store.
    Just make sure you don't buy anything extra.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Woo hoo!! Made it through Day 1!! Officially going off now to change my sig to 1/30! Of course, it helped that I spent the day at home for the federal holiday. Tomorrow will be the real challenge.

3tomboys, I feel your pain. All day yesterday, I felt this unrealistic need to run out and buy something so that I wouldn't do it today! (I didn't, by the way.) I know that first day that I have to go buy something will hurt. (Which is probably a good thing.)
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in too!! I really need this challenge since we over spent on school clothes for DD, poor girl had nothing that fit. Really need to get caught up with bills!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

im joining too, i spend way to much (well, more than i wish) on playing the lotto online, so will cut down on that

and maybe too on the groceries buy more store brands than i do currently

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in this month. I need this. I dont count bills, savings, or things like school fees, gymnastics, bowling as spending. BUT i do count grocery shopping, and other shopping in my spend days. Any days I spend money.

Sept 1st was NOT a no spend day. Had the back to school dinner we do every year.

Sept 2nd was no spend day!

1/2

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've made it the first two days, but will have to have a spend day prior to Sunday, both to get groceries and to get a few things for my soap-making escapade this weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wednesday 9/3--so far so good. No unbudgeted spending so far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So far so good. Three true no-spend days in a row for me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Doing good so far, 9/1 and 9/2 were absolutely no spending. Today I took the cat to the vet, but it was less than I budgeted. Don't you love when that happens? So I'm counting it 3/3 since it was in the budget. Also turned a coworker down for lunch out at Taco Bell. I brought a lunch, but for some reason the neon cheese at Taco Bell calls to me. This really makes you think of all the odds and ends that come around monthly or every few months.
    Last edited by walker24; 09-03-2008 at 08:52 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, I envy someone who is together enough to budget the cat's visit to the vet.

I'm three for three. Today will probably be my first transgression, as I'm taking the day off of work and I really want to get those soap-making supplies. Oh, and food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

haha, we just adopted the cat at the end of August so I knew the vet visit was coming. We'll see if the next visit makes it into the budget. Good job so far everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I even budget in INK for the printer. I try to have zero surprises so if something needs buying I get it on paper before the first of the month comes up...see no surprises!

A slush fund and allowances often catch the unexpected too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

9/4 no spend day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sheer laziness (and not getting out of work until 1:30 am today) saved me yesterday. Another no spend day. But the shopping list is getting longer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well we are back from Nova Scotia and we managed quite well with the no spending so far!
    I thought for sure I would have to spend quite a bit on Mon. and Tues. because we were travelling but I managed VERY well.
    On Monday we drove to the bay of Fundy (free), then went to Lawrencetown beach (it actually became sunny!!!!!!), it was so beautiful there we spent the remainder of the day relaxing,walking and playing in the waves.
    We had breakfast at the cottage, packed lunch and snacks but didn't get home early enough to make dinner at the cottage (it was our last day and we wanted to stay at the beach), so we went to Smitty's and spent $43 (for 5) ugh!
    Tuesday was our last day. Breakfast was leftovers and lunch was packed. I packed every smidgeon of leftover food into our suitcases to bring home.
    I thought we would go to the Peir 21 museum, but the weather was so nice and we would have a long flight home so we went to point pleasant park instead (free). Had our picnic lunch, then headed to the airport. Paid for our rental car UGH! But it was expected and budgeted and so a no spend item.
    Then I expected to have to buy dinner on the plane because I had nothing left but a few snacks. We filled our water bottles after we went through security at the water fountain. Then we were told that our plane was delayed at least 3 hours!!!!!! Oh my gosh, we were going to miss all our connecting flights....!!! After alot of hand wringing and 3.5 hours later we received a flight home to a different airport and then they paid for a LIMO to drive us to the other airport and our car!!!! The kids loved it.

But even better they gave us $10 food vouchers for dinner, $50 in all. And with it I bought enough tasty sandwiches, fruit and snacks for our dinner and to snack on the plane! So I ended up spending ZIP (except rental car)!!

Weds. I did grocery shopping but no other expenses.
    And today is a no spend day too.

So far so good!

Page 2 of 411 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast