No Spend Challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 411 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow, Hollyhill, that is great!! I have managed a limo ride courtesy of the airport once, as well. The enjoyment wasn't worth the stress beforehand of my first leg being late and my second leg leaving right on time even though the dozen or so of us who were supposed to be catching it were IN the airport and running for it. I got there and they had literally just closed the gate. Initially, the airport said so sorry, guess you'll have to wait until the morning, would you like a list of suggested hotels? Then, when the mob mentality started to form, they changed their minds and tried to help us out. In my case, it was a limo ride from one airport to another, so I could catch a flight out of there. Did I mention that this was after being away from home for over FOUR months, and really looking forward to getting back?

But I am getting OT. First, I am very envious that you got to take a trip to Nova Scotia. Second, FANTASTIC job of watching the pennies!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I understand completely.....The limo wasn't worth the aggravation...besides it was 2:00AM pacific time and 6:00 AM atlantic time and so the limo was so comfy I fell fast asleep(unlike on the plane)!

The kids were happy though LOL.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good job not giving into vacation spending craziness!
    I decided to count grocery shopping as a spend day. I'm thinking this will encourage me to keep grocery shopping as a chore that eats a spend day instead of a free spending spree. So today is my first spend day of the month.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That is kind of why I kept grocery shopping on the list. That makes me have to think about what I need, rather than make multiple trips (and multiple spend days) and reduces the likelihood of impulse purchases. Today, for example, will be a spend day, once it cools off enough for me to get on the road.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well, so far I'm only doing so-so. the 1st and 2nd were no spend days, but Wednesday had a "honey, could you go to town and get...." request from DH (and a kid went with me - total money waster) and today I had to run money into town for DH (who was passing through town on his run) and ended up eating dinner out with DH. @@ I've got to buckle down. The only expense I see coming up though is a quick grocery trip tomorrow for a few things for DD's sleepover on saturday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Day four in a row for me. Tomorrow will be a spend, as I will be getting paid and going to the market for produce.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am still not counting grocery shopping or any budgeted expense because I never spend over my alloted amount and so it is a challenge and fun to keep things under where they should be.

I also grocery shop, stockpile, pet food, allowances and gas up the car with cash.

Sometimes money from one spills over into the next or even saves me to keep me on budget.

To me a "spend" day is a bad day that you didn't plan, isn't in the budget, or you just messed up.

When I type no spend day I am not as hard core as you ladies are. I just wanted to clairify that so you guys didn't think I lived in a cave with a big rock over the door and I can't get out to spend any money lol!

I am just a serous budgeter--it is alllll accounted for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I get that cricketlegs. I've noticed I'm using grocery shopping and stockpiling as a way to "kill" the shopping bug when I get it. So not a good idea. I think budgeting ink makes you pretty hardcore!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, finally got out to get groceries, so I have one "spend" day. I picked up groceries, soap-making supplies, and some greeting cards (birthday and a wedding). Total cost was $207.92, but that included supplies that will go into my stockpile (as I'm also running a self-sufficiency challeng for anyone who is interested).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well so far I am at home and at no spend 9/5.

Dh did call me to tell me he heard from step dd she needs a book for college--by Sunday!

A lot I can do when no one contacts ME--the one who controls the money.

I sent her a text but so far--nothing.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today was a spend-
    I had to buy a few school supplies (haven't done it yet...) 32.87
    And I had to pay off my library fines for the year ( I always pay them in Sept. to start the new school year fine-free. $23.75.
    I wish it was zero. But I guess it isn't too bad when you consider that we have only been watching library videos for about 4 months.... So no more rental fees.

The weekend should be spend free.

But next week I will have to spend at least once to prep for Dd's sleepover party and to buy a few more gifts for my Teens Bd. Any ideas wheere I can get stainless steel water bottles for a REASONABLE price???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Argh. Another spend day. The stuff I bought for the soap-making wasn't right, so I had to go out and get 100% lye. Since it was already a spend day, I also decided to go get the critters their food (hay and chicken food) today, rather than wait.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I decided that for myself a no-spend will be when I absolutely don't spend any money. I need to have a lot more of those days. Today I spent $17 on groceries, and $20 for gas for DH's car. DH also has to get a suit for his job, and we have been putting it off but we absolutely have to go tomorrow. I don't know where I'm supposed to pull this money from, but at least he can write it off on our taxes...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Crud, Managers did not get paid with everybody else so I have to wait until Monday to pay my bills.

I really wanted to get it all taken care of this weekend.

I took a look--I pay 31 bills every month isf you include paying yourself savings.

Angela, I feel for you about the extras, They sure do wreak a budget.

Oh and 9/6--no spend. My body, my mind, my car, and my purse will be staying home all day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DS is suddenly full of unplanned "surprises' requiring $ to be spent not in the budget- $10 for running shoes after he decided to join cross country, gas to drive 25 miles round trip to local Walmart to buy said shoes, as he needed them for the next day for practice, now he announces he wants to join the school band- you can 'lease' an instrument for $45 for 4 months, or $120 for the year- IO am currently trying to find a decent used instrument of craigslist (might as well own the darn thing if I have to spend $100+).

also spent $26 unplanned $s, plus gas to drive the 25+ miles to Salvation Army to get pants for 2 yo DS, who, upon a closet check, seems to have outgrown/outworn the majority of pants I planned on him having for this fall.
    May the rest of the month be cheaper!