No Spend Challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 411 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've had 4 no spend days in a row so far. Since buying DD's birthday party/sleepover supplies on Friday, I've only left the house once (to take niece and nephew home from sleepover), and haven't spent a cent. Good thing too, since this is looking to be a very short pay month for DH.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Way to go, Starlight9803!!! It is amazing how easy it is to avoid spending just by making the decision to stay home, isn't it?
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday was no spend for me. I used giftcard for lunch out for my bday and my ex paid for dinner last night for my bday gift. 7/10.

Today is no spend as well. so 8/11 no spend days!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Staying home today 9/11

Made 2 gallons laundry soap, starched dhs work clothes and I am about to press them thus saving laundry service charges.

My press has now paid for itself.

Mom gave me a load of fresh veggies so I am about to chop and freeze them.

Dh gone all weekend to a fishing tourny and just left so dinner will be a much smaller affair with dd and I only.

Went to get gas yesterday with $60 but it was only $43 so I was able to get dog food, hamburger for last night and tonight and cheese all without using money from the budget except for the gas money.

I am ahead of the game!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not doing so well with this challenge!! It seems everyday there has been some small thing to spend $ on. Yesterday it was a loaf of bread, day before extra gas in the van, day before that I gave in to my chocolate craving!
    I'll have to buckle down. Tomorrow my DD has a eye doc appt., so there is a copay...geez.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

WTG starlight and cricketlegs.... you ladies are doing so well!

Yesterday was a spend day for me. I had to go buy Bd party supplies for little Dd and Bd gifts for eldest Dd. But I was happy with how well I did. All Bd supplies (balloons, goodie bags, prizes, craft supplies) came to $34! I love Dollar giant! We are doing it on a Best Friends theme and it is working out very well. I even have supplies for the Princess Tea party she is going to give for her younger friends.
    I think including food I will be able to keep the sleepover party to under $60.

The present for Dd was a Timex sport watch (ironman) ( I got that for $55 and I had a $15 off coupon so it will have cost $40. I also bought her a sherlock holmes compedium (all his best stories) for $18. I am still looking for a reasonably priced stainless steel water bottle (cheapest so far is $10) for her. I also wanted to buy her a super comfy bed pillow (ours are so old) but I couldn't bring myself to spend the $24. I went so far as lining up at the cashier just to give it back to the cashier LOL!

Today will be a no spend day though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

One thing that I've found that helps, Amanjud, is if you have a day that you know you are going to end up spending, that you think about what else you are going to have to get in the near future and go ahead and get it that day as well. Psychologically, it helps to have only one spend day, even if you went to four different places and spent money that day.

For example, on the day you bought gas for the van, if you thought about it, a bit, you might have realized you were going to need bread as well, and bought it the same day, thus turning two spend days into one. I can't help you on the chocolate craving though!!

But part of this challenge is so that we can all recognize and assess how we spend our money, and it looks like you are doing that, so I'd say you are still ahead of most people!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by madhen View Post
    One thing that I've found that helps, Amanjud, is if you have a day that you know you are going to end up spending, that you think about what else you are going to have to get in the near future and go ahead and get it that day as well. Psychologically, it helps to have only one spend day, even if you went to four different places and spent money that day.

For example, on the day you bought gas for the van, if you thought about it, a bit, you might have realized you were going to need bread as well, and bought it the same day, thus turning two spend days into one. I can't help you on the chocolate craving though!!

But part of this challenge is so that we can all recognize and assess how we spend our money, and it looks like you are doing that, so I'd say you are still ahead of most people!!
    I do this not for a all spend day but simply because I like to save time and gas and I deal with bill paying 3 times a month. Gas(if needed) 3 times a month and I spend and run on those days as well as go to the bank etc. I map it out, budget it in, and grab my list and I get it done.

That keeps me HOME and my purse home, and gas in my car!

My car wants to drive my purse out to eat when I am out so I must keep them both safe at home and must limit my outings.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketlegs View Post
    My car wants to drive my purse out to eat when I am out so I must keep them both safe at home and must limit my outings.
    LOL! Mine wants to do that too!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, it was a spend day for me. My sister is planning a surprise bday party for her husband, and she asked me to cater it, so I met with her to go over arrangements. Of course, she wanted to go have sushi ($$) AND dessert ($$$). I paid the bill ($31.61), but she is going to pay me to do the catering, so I guess: a) it is a tax write-off and b) I can add the cost into my fee. Nevertheless, it was a spend day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

LOL! We must have the same car!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do alot of spending on saturday. if i need something during week i try to stretch it.

i needed conditioner for a week, i found samples that i managed to squeeze out until i needed to go to store for something else on saturday. i also ran out of toothpaste, i cut it open and we got 2 more days out of it. then i cleaned out my travel size stuff and i had half tube, we can make it until saturday! yay!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't updated in a few so here goes- Tuesday I had to go to walmart for Rxs. Ended up being in there for an hour and half because the dr called my daughter's cingulair in twice, but in two different strengths. But that's a whole nother story. No spend yesterday and then grocery shopping today. So I'm at 7 no spend days. I'm going to try and stay out of stores for a week at least for the sake of my grocery budget.

------Awesome job on making due with what you had Lextysmommy!
    Last edited by walker24; 09-11-2008 at 09:18 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

okay okay today I spent...

I went and got dd and I movies--we never get movies and I went out to lunch!

Oh and I had to run back to the movie store because of a mixup and ended up buying dd two Twilight posters--oh well, I will take it all out of my allowance next week AKA Mama done gone and spent her allowance!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today is no spend day! as hard as it is for me not to grab my friday night subs. at cousins here they are 2 for $5 and i usually get 2 eat one tonight then one sometime this weekend. BUT i will not do that. i have food here. am making dinner. then NOT going anywhere that helps!

9/12 no spend days! only 3 days i spent! One day was a planned before school dinner. one day was a must spend day on dd bday, gas, household stuff, kids bowling. and one day was my stupid sub day.
    Last edited by LexTysMommy; 09-12-2008 at 04:29 PM.

Page 5 of 411 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast