No Spend Challenge
Page 1 of 411 12341151101 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default September no-spend challenge

Way back, when I first joined FV, I recall we had monthly no-spend goals; i.e, like the grocery challenges, we would see how many days out of the month we could go without spending any money.

I don't see that thread any more, so I am reviving it. I will be adding a no-spend tag to my sig and will start on Sept 1. Anyone else game?
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in!!! I am going for as many as possible!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sign me up!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in, I need to cut back anyway!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in for 25 no spend days...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now if I understand this anything that is already IN THE BUDGET and or allowance doesn't count right.

Today I have to go buy ink for the computer printer but it is IN THE BUDGET so that isn't a no spend day because I spent or it is a no spend day because it is a planned budgeted expense like grocery shopping??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in, I'm thinking 20 no spend days. We don't count bill paying etc right? What about grocery shopping?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by walker24 View Post
    I'm in, I'm thinking 20 no spend days. We don't count bill paying etc right? What about grocery shopping?
    I consider a budgeted shopping trip with a list not a spend day, but just running in to grab something, I count as a spend. That keeps me out as much as possible!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I so need this!!!! We have to save as much as possible this month. Count me in!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh yes count me in!!!
    It will be a no spend month except groceries, bills, music lessons, gas!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The way I list my days, any day I spend money, even if it is budgeted, is a day I spent money. So I will never have a perfect, no-spend month. That way, I can't make an excuse of "oh, but that was a NECESSARY expense."

But your challenge is your challenge. If you are disciplined enough to not cheat (and I am not ), then I don't see any problem not counting certain budgeted and necessary expenses.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by madhen View Post
    The way I list my days, any day I spend money, even if it is budgeted, is a day I spent money. So I will never have a perfect, no-spend month. That way, I can't make an excuse of "oh, but that was a NECESSARY expense."

But your challenge is your challenge. If you are disciplined enough to not cheat (and I am not ), then I don't see any problem not counting certain budgeted and necessary expenses.
    Well for me I am considering anything in the budget to be a no spend day.

Today I had to buy INK and Coffee. They were both in the columner pad so they were budgeted expenses. So I say mine were no spend items.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for all your answers. I like the idea of grocery shopping and sticking to my list not being a spend day. Even more incentive to put my blinders on in the grocery store.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i will join for this month, as i want to save as much as i can.
    i dont get paid until the 4th and i have no money left as i cant spend anything until then. lol. i'll try and keep up

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in. To bad I didn't read this thread before I went to the pet store. So I'm not off to a great start! I have noticed that if I have to account for something on FV then I think twice about the money I am spending. This site makes me way more accountable and it's great!

Page 1 of 411 12341151101 ... LastLast