2010 Grocery Budget Reduction Challenge - Page 15
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks Madhen! I'm in for next year. One thing about this challenge is it actually has me tracking all of December, which I haven't really done before. We've had receipts to enter in Quicken, but that's usually done after the fact. Here I record what I spend as I spend it. That makes it a lot more obvious to me when I blow it. Seems I've blown it a lot this year. I'm not entirely happy. DH thinks we need to raise the grocery budget, what with the increased company passing through the house. So I'll look at things and see what I can do different next year.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm with ya. We did well on our $50 a week last year. This year it will have to up to $75 a week because my mom moved in with us, and my boys are growing - and that seems to be as low as I can get it! But I am in - I have to keep it at $75 or I am "robbing Peter to pay Paul" as it were
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am willing to try this upcoming year. I started trying this challenge this year and realized I didn't even know how to budget groceries. This will be a major focus during 2011.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, off to start the 2011 thread. If I can remember how, I'll link it to this one.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spent $70 today. Hopefully I won't need anything else until next year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This was a huge learning experience for me. Maybe it's just because of the busy month of December but I've honestly never kept track of where my $ goes too and obviously had no idea what a true budget for my family would be. I also finally realized how much the beverages of choice (milk, beer and coca~cola) cost each month and am a little shocked! It's right about $100/month!

Already posted in the 2011 thread but I'm going to start at $500/month for a family of 3 with 1 cat and 3 pups and hope to get it down to $400/month by the end of 2011. The amount includes pet supplies/food, diapers/pullups/wipes, hba, groceries, etc. Pretty much everything you can get at a store but house repairs, clothing & entertainment (toys, movies, etc.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spent another $18.85 on Friday and today.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Count me in!

I know that I haven't posted much since work started but,I'm still tracking the grocery budget. It has been an eye opener. I've been better at using up the leftovers and what I already have on hand.This will be a good exercise for when I retire at the end of June 2011.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spent $34 today. The last amount for this year and came under budget for this month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm posting over in the 2011 thread now as I'm shopping for January's menu already. See you all over there!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415