2010 Grocery Budget Reduction Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

O.K. Did my big shop for $174. Should last at least 2 weeks w/ the exception of milk,bread maybe icee cream. It is DH's b-day. Kroger is being remodeled and chaos reigns. I know I forgot a few things. W/ DH gone and the pantry full it should be very low from now on. Hopefully.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For my first trip of the year - I did OK. I took a $100 bill and got back $19 and some change. I did have some unplanneds like 2 backpacks (woohoo on sale) for swimming lessons that start Sat and pink eye drops. I still need to go to Sam's for water softener pellets and cat litter.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am going to have to cave and go grocery shopping today. I could probably last another week or more on pantry staples, but I've run out of fresh fruit/veggies and salad.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm going to try and keep my grocery bill to $3600CAD for the entire year. This will be a challenge. It's a drop of $60/mth. That works out to $300/mth. We'll see though. This month I might spend a bit more because the local stores usually have blowout sales the end of the month. I'll be stocking up for the rest of the year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Peanut-I would be curious roughly what that translates to in U.S. costs .I know food cost more there right. 10%,20%??.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spent $4.99 today
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spent $112.39 today

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FW2: Yeah, food is way more expensive here. We're considered an isolated region...and one food company owns most of the grocery stores here. We basically have Safeway and Loblaws chains.

$300CAD = $290US approximately...so I'll be aiming for that for each month for two aduts...should be doable. That's appoximately $70/wk.

This is going to be a challenge. I finished going over the grocery receipts last night and it doesn't look promising. We've become connoisseurs of much better and high quality food. DH does not like to give up food. He likes his high fat, high sugar treats. The only way around that is to take time to make/bake them myself. When I do that I usually eat them too...which is mega-bad for me.

I'm still going to aim for $300/mth...a $60/mth drop in grocery costs. Will see how I do...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ok, end of my first week in. Still at $4.99. So out of my $25 budget for week one I still have $20.01. Tomorrow starts a new week.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great going niko!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi all...I finally finished my grocery receipt analysis and came up with 28 ideas to slash my grocery bill. Hopefully this will work!

I'm at $90 already...only allowed to spend $60 between now and the 15th. I'm actually trying to make it to the 15th without spending anything...let's see how I do...we'll probably need milk for DH before then...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great list peanut! Love your blog too!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just made up an end of the week chart for our expenditures so far. I am hoping to make the whole household (read:hubby) aware of where the leaks are.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well DH has declared we need to go grocery shopping tomorrow. He's out of fruit and other 'essentials'. He has expensive tastes. We'll see how we do here. Only $60...hmmm...it'll be tight...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Used Walgreens $2.50 register rewards for a gallon of milk. Ended up paying 29 cents.
    Total for week so far 29 cents
    Total for month so far $5.28.

Challenges
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast