Anyone thinking about 2011 yet? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well i will need to redo budget for first 6 months of year because i quit my 2nd/ 1 weekend a month job and my last day is the 2nd so that will change where some bills get paid from .

then i will need to redo it in june because i will have 2 high school tuitions to pay next year startimg july ) ( which will make money really tight - but this will be the last time i have 2 in HS at the same time)

plan to continue hitting the debt also .
    will be looking for a cheap used car for my almost 17 yo who will be getting license probably june or july .

and early in the year i have some $$ dental work that needs done .

but i am noty even worrying about doing budgets until the week after christmas .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes my money plans for 2011 include to start adding $25 to my credit card bill each month...would like to add another $50 to that but i will see. I put my student loan on forbarence last year so i am paying interest only payments. Hoping to add more to go to principal but again we will see. First I need to pay down the credit card. Also in 2011 I would like to add more to savings per pay period need to work on coming up with an amount. Kind of off topic but would like to work on my stockpiling hba's and food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

2010 has not been good for me--not awful but not good-so 2011 is gonna be great, (I hope !!)

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope to be almost completely out of debt by the end of the year. I also want to go to TN in April and Disney World as a Christmas trip

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by August29th View Post
    Debt charts. Interesting concept -- any hints?
    Usually I just keep a running list, but ..... pictures and graphs might be interesting. )
    For my debt charts, I take the amount owed on an account, and then list numbers down, and cross off each number as the balance comes down.... does that make sense? Then each time I pay down that amount of the balance, I cross off another number.

For example, a $2000 balance that I'm checking off by 100s might look like this:

2000 1500 1000 500
    1900 1400 900 400
    1800 1300 800 300
    1700 1200 700 200
    1600 1100 600 100

I have really limited Excel skills, or I would make a photocopy of one of my real charts to post here! I get fancy with fonts & colors & gridlines, etc.

I keep these in my household notebook, and post one at a time on the front of the refrigerator, which keeps DH motivated. Some are done in 100s, some in 50s, it could even be done in 20s. It feels great to cross off those numbers!

And although I haven't done it.... these charts could also be used for savings goals, by increasing the numbers instead of decreasing.

Yes, I just may be the dorkiest person on this board

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My goal is to continue putting an extra $100 on my mortgage. My goal is to have it paid off asap! Also, not to buy anything unless an absolute necessity and just pay bills and continue to increase my ef!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, I'm planning my goals for 2011. I didn't do as well as I wanted to in 2010, and cash is going to be tighter for me in 2011 because I'm having a large chunk taken out of my paycheck to fund some planned medical and dental expenses.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've done a little review and some thinking, but nothing in writing. Dh and I will do a financial review the week after Cmas and see how we're doing, then tweak things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My 2011 goals:

1-finish paying for prenatal care
    2- pay off hospital and delivery fees of DD due in Feb

(started saving for these 2 in 2010, but have used up all the money paying for prenatal care. I have less than $500 due for that I believe now.)

3-repay the $600 we borrowed from savings for emergency eye and dental appointments this year.

4-find a good grocery budget and follow it (with additions like diapers and maybe formula)

5-add aggressively to 3-6 months savings acct.

6-continue with sinking funds
    (we started this in 2010, but didn't really follow it greatly (ex. new car fund has $44 and we have saved for a year, car repairs has $30 and we spend $250, etc. It helped to have a little saved, but we need to get even better at this!)

I have set up what I think will do for our 2011 budget. Some things will change after the baby, I am sure. Don't forget about possible tax changes. Maybe some of us will get more in our pay checks. We are debt free except the mortgage after the dr. bills (hopefully gone by tax return time).I think that is enough for now. With the help of these boards and you guys, it is possible!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We plan to retire completely in 2011. We agreed with the college to come back in February to teach one more class, and that will be the end. We've been working slowly towards this goal, cutting down on teaching, not teaching at all this semester, working with finances along the way. But this will be the year it all comes together. Once fully retired, and knowing I am not going back, then I'll go through my teaching files and books and materials, and sort them. Some I will donate to a local school, some I will dump and some I will keep. It will be a big job after 40 years in education (I started teaching in 1971). Also intend to ruthlessly go through boxes of "stuff" in our basement and do the same: sort to donate, trash or keep.
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Trying to transition to SAHM

In 2011, my plan is for my husband and I to pay off some debt and for us to become financially stable. I am a counselor trying to transition to full time stay at home mom. First step, become financially stable with Internet CEO moms (.com/whynot). Second step, Work only from home. Third step, have children. I am really excited about our plan for the next few years. I'm only 26 and maybe I'm old-fashioned for wanting to be a stay at home mom, but it is also important to me that I contribute to the family income. So far I'm well on my way to meeting my goals!
    Anyone in my boat?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am soooo screwwed for 2011. I just had to borrow from overdraft to cover a credit card charge that over-maxed it.

My only light at the end of the tunnel is tax return time and the POSSIBILITY that I will get some back child support from the ex's tax return. Haven't received any since March of 2010.

I'll be spending 2011 counting my blessings because I certainly don't have any pennies to count.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My goal for 2011 is to roll with the punches and end up with our net worth higher at the end of 2011 than it is at the end of 2010. DH is still unemployed and his best prospect at the moment is a 6 month contract. I am hoping to change jobs. We are hoping to have another child. Lots of changes, so I'm mostly going to try and not lose ground, continue what we're doing.

We are also on schedule to have DH's car paid off in Dec 2011.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, I just may be the dorkiest person on this board

Perhaps, lol, but you've inspired me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our plans for 2011 is to increase the EF from $1300 to hopefully
    atleast $3500.
    I'd like to try to grocery shop monthly instead of weekly.
    Tried it this past week-end, and bought groceries for 2 weeks.
    Went pretty good and it also slashed my grocery bill almost in half!

Gonna try to shop for the Month on Jan 2.
    Hoping to also open a Christmas account somewhere, so I know the money will be there next year.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast