Anyone thinking about 2011 yet? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, for this coming year I'm mostly hoping things stay the same ... although working less days due to "furloughs" everything should be alright as long as nothing huge wears out or breaks down.

My immediate goal is to make a couple of 'debt charts' like Marianne talked about. I have one large credit card that should be paid off by August and it would be fun to watch it decress on a chart on the fridge.
    I bought some gifts at a local department store that gave 30% off if I used their charge card. Worth it, I think, but it means paying off the entire charge in January and therefore not having quite as much to pay extra on the car principal.
    It all spirals, doesn't it?

Am hoping next year will be a better year, economically for each of us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a serious problem with debt and savings charts too. But I can't seem to attach it, it's an Excel chart. It helps us though!

Our 2011 Goals are to keep our belts tight, and snowball like crazy. We will pay off our consumer debts before the year is over. I'm hoping for fall, or even summer.

Then we're saving like mad for a down payment on a new house. And we'll start shopping. And saving for an Emergency Fund as well.

We'll hopefully be trying to have another baby as well, I'm hoping sometime late summer or early fall when the debt is nearly paid off.

Oh, and hubby would like to go on a vacation somewhere too, so there's savings for that!

Lots to do!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're hoping to have our last three debts paid off, a credit card, student loan, and car.

We're also anxious about getting our taxes done to see how much we owe (there's $$ already set aside for this) or if we're going to break even. If we break even, it'll pay off half of the student loan (the credit card should be taken care of by then) and we'll pretty much be left with the car.

We've been snowballing since 2008, we're ready to move on to getting a full emergency fund in place!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default yes.....

With income tax return i plan to get back on track and pay off some bills and figure out a budget that we can stick to and then put some money away for an ef....need to finish off the rooms downstairs so that i can do our paperwork for fostercare.... fostercare has weighed heavy on my heart this year as i work with kids that at times may need to be placed in fostercare until their parents can get their lives figured out...I love kids but cannot see putting my body through another pregnancy and with so many kids out there needing homes i think that this is my calling... what i am suppose to do with my life...so really looking forward to getting all above accomplished so that i can get going with the next era of our lives...

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, I'm already in 2011 in my mind.

Praying for a better year next year. Praying to get lots of debt paid off.

Planning on staying on the decluttering train all through 2011. Hopefully will have the butler's pantry, the home office, and the room I'm using for my closet/crafts all set up. Then get the bedroom decluttered and decorated with what I have on hand.

Finally, I hope to have the attic loft decluttered and get shelves set up for our non-perishable stockpile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm very much looking forward to 2011. The first thing we have to do once I get back to work, is get used to DH being salary and getting paid on the 15th and last day of each month. Once I'm back to work and back on track, we should be able to destroy any debts very quickly. We also will be saving, with a vengance, for our land and home. We would like to be out of here this time next year, but have discussed waiting for 2012 to move if we don't have as much saved as we would like to have.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikandmari View Post
    For my debt charts, I take the amount owed on an account, and then list numbers down, and cross off each number as the balance comes down.... does that make sense? Then each time I pay down that amount of the balance, I cross off another number.

For example, a $2000 balance that I'm checking off by 100s might look like this:

2000 1500 1000 500
    1900 1400 900 400
    1800 1300 800 300
    1700 1200 700 200
    1600 1100 600 100

I have really limited Excel skills, or I would make a photocopy of one of my real charts to post here! I get fancy with fonts & colors & gridlines, etc.

I keep these in my household notebook, and post one at a time on the front of the refrigerator, which keeps DH motivated. Some are done in 100s, some in 50s, it could even be done in 20s. It feels great to cross off those numbers!

And although I haven't done it.... these charts could also be used for savings goals, by increasing the numbers instead of decreasing.

Yes, I just may be the dorkiest person on this board
    I will be a dork with you! this is also how I do it except it stays on excel...however I think I may blow it up and print a monthly one so that I can cross things off and make sure I am sticking to budget!!! You have inspired me!

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghan View Post
    In 2011, my plan is for my husband and I to pay off some debt and for us to become financially stable. I am a counselor trying to transition to full time stay at home mom. First step, become financially stable with Internet CEO moms (.com/whynot). Second step, Work only from home. Third step, have children. I am really excited about our plan for the next few years. I'm only 26 and maybe I'm old-fashioned for wanting to be a stay at home mom, but it is also important to me that I contribute to the family income. So far I'm well on my way to meeting my goals!
    Anyone in my boat?
    I am sitting right next in that boat planning to try and be a stay at home mum by the beginning of 2012. Its not old fashion at all I think if you beleive that the best place for you is at home and you can afford it then go for it...make it your goal.

Quote Originally Posted by alotofgooddeals View Post
    With income tax return i plan to get back on track and pay off some bills and figure out a budget that we can stick to and then put some money away for an ef....need to finish off the rooms downstairs so that i can do our paperwork for fostercare.... fostercare has weighed heavy on my heart this year as i work with kids that at times may need to be placed in fostercare until their parents can get their lives figured out...I love kids but cannot see putting my body through another pregnancy and with so many kids out there needing homes i think that this is my calling... what i am suppose to do with my life...so really looking forward to getting all above accomplished so that i can get going with the next era of our lives...
    I really want to foster care. DP and I have considered doing this instead of having a third child (we havn't had a second yet) we just think that maybe, considering my body and the issues we had with my first pregnancy we would be better off caring for children that are already here. I think it is amazing you are finding room in your home and hearts for a child.

As for my frugal family we have grand plans this year;

Get frugal...you all know how easy and how hard this is going to be.
    DP needs to complete a course to upgrade his qualifications ($4300)
    Move house ($3000)
    Save to have a baby ($8000) and become a stay at home mum.
    Pay of as much debt as possible
    Save as much as possible

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're moving, next week... just in time for the New Year!

I have lots of "planning" in my head but won't feel comfortable, personally, working on it until we're in our new space.

I'd love to pay off the debt DH has (about $3,000), save our EF and save for a downpayment on a house (we're moving into an apartment that is 1/3 the size of the rental house we live in now) for the summer of 2012.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm going to pay off as much debt as I can.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We were blessed in 2010 and was able to pay $50,000 of business and personal debt and now we're debt free. We then cut all our credit cards up to avoid being a slave to credit card companies again.....then life happened and our savings was depleted. My goals for 2010:

*Rebuild an emergency savings $1,000
    *Property tax savings (we have to pay this on our trucks, 5th wheel,towing trailer and 4-wheeler in MO every year) $700-$900
    *Christmas savings $1,200
    *Reduce grocery spending

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am totally thinking ahead for 2011. I need to be in a better place in my life. I was out of work for most of 2010 and finally got a job in Sept. I get paid every 2 weeks which has been hard for me to adjust to but I know that I can do it.
    My ex is unemployed so haven't been receiving c/s.
    My plan is to tighten the belt even further, get my ef funded, get some of my debt paid off and just live frugally as I can. I will using my tax return to pay off my car loan which will be a huge help and also some to fund my baby ef.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For 2011 I'm hoping to get all of our debt except for the mortgage paid off or at least down a whole lot! I'm a stay at home mom and I'm hoping to be able to get at least a part time job to help out somewhat. I would like to put whatever I might get paid towards our debt to significantly reduce it. Also want to build an emergency fund and for 2011 I AM going to start a Christmas Fund!!!!! We are so not going to wait until the very last minute and deal with all of the stress that we have dealt with this year!

Also am hoping to add to our stockpile and have our very own garden this year. We can a lot, but we generally buy all of the produce. Figure that we can reduce a lot of money just by having our own garden and cutting out them middle man!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i need to pay off the last bit of debt, then it will take 3 years the LDS way, to build the emergency fund back to 10,000.

i need to buy or borrow a digital camera to sell a few things on ebay. this should speed the process up.

i just noticed yesterday that my flannel pajamas are threadbare.

i have been following the debtors anonymous (jerrold mundis) idea of "the vacuum principle" and "nothing tawdry or second-rate". boy, this spiritual principle and the universe seems to be working overtime in my life right now to create prosperity and abundance.
    i got rid of the "falling apart" crockpot. a new crockpot was given to me that week. i got rid of the feeble microwave. i bought a new one that cooks twice as fast. i ordered fresh blankets for the ones that had holes in them. $1200 appeared out of nowhere. i won a target gift certificate. i bought a year's worth of suave shampoo and conditioner. i turned the cable off and sold the lenox china.
    Last edited by ladykemma2; 12-26-2010 at 06:54 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes we are about to get intense about some things. i really need this credit card paid off, its suffocating me it's not a huge balance which almost makes it worse cause i need to knock it out.

with student loans in repayment we have that additional monthly cost, and my sis is uncertainly employed she used to pay some of ds's private school tuition so we need to make up the difference.

plus i thought dh was on board then he shocked me with some well meaning but financially irresponsible behavior. so there's that

Halfway between the Wolverines and the Spartans
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My goals are to save up enough to buy a new-to-us vehicle to replace our minivan when it dies (without touching the emergency fund) and to pay down the mortgage by another $8000 (at least.) I would also like to take a nice vacation and a couple of short weekend trips. The vacation may not be do-able this year, but everything else should be if we just stay the course.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast