The Truly, Necessary Spending Challenge ~ What did you spend your money on today ~ - Page 102
Page 102 of 328 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 4910
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    They must have really smelled up the house!
    Probably take days to air it out too.....
    Alright guys ~ stop it! I said I was going to be nice..... (you are NOT helping)....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelvssammy View Post
    Probably take days to air it out too.....
    Alright guys ~ stop it! I said I was going to be nice..... (you are NOT helping)....
    Bwwwwahhhhh, I LOVE being a bad influence.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry you had a hard time with your guest. Please do not judge them harshly.
    there are so many differenting rules for proper house guests and hostesses.

In my world bring groceries and paying for activities as a guest is considered offending to the hostesses.like saying you are superoir to them.

A good hostess would have offered to wash their clothes or at least offered the use of the laundry room.

It took me years to convince my mother I would not be offended as a hostess if she carried her dish from dinner to the sink while she was visiting us.

In short you never know what they belivie is the correct way to be a hostess or guest.

"Everyone you met has an original point of view"

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    Sorry you had a hard time with your guest. Please do not judge them harshly.
    there are so many differenting rules for proper house guests and hostesses.

In my world bring groceries and paying for activities as a guest is considered offending to the hostesses.like saying you are superoir to them.

A good hostess would have offered to wash their clothes or at least offered the use of the laundry room.

It took me years to convince my mother I would not be offended as a hostess if she carried her dish from dinner to the sink while she was visiting us.

In short you never know what they belivie is the correct way to be a hostess or guest.

"Everyone you met has an original point of view"
    I suppose you are right - everyone has their own ways of doing things ~

I was raised that you ALWAYS take gifts and offerings to the host/hostess that opens their home up to you. You offer to take them to dinners and show other random acts of kindness The host/hostess is not your staff, you do things for yourself, and do not expect them to cater to you. If they are cooking in the kitchen, you get in there and help them. If they for some reason pull out their vacuum - you offer to push it around for them. You constantly go out of your way seeing what you can do to help them, you become an asset, not a burden in their home. I would never ask someone to wash my clothing, and then lie on the couch playing with my cellphone while they are doing it. My mother would be appalled at me. You take what you need with you and come prepared, and you always leave the home behind you in as good as, or better condition than when you arrived, not a mess for your hostess to clean up after you have left. Come on, if you are going to take a bath every day - is it really too much to ask of someone to rinse out the tub of the soak scum & pubic hairs you leave behind. (Sorry - that is a big disgusting - but I might as well tell it like it is).....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I suppose you are right - everyone has their own ways of doing things ~

I was raised that you ALWAYS take gifts and offerings to the host/hostess that opens their home up to you. You offer to take them to dinners and show other random acts of kindness The host/hostess is not your staff, you do things for yourself, and do not expect them to cater to you. If they are cooking in the kitchen, you get in there and help them. If they for some reason pull out their vacuum - you offer to push it around for them. You constantly go out of your way seeing what you can do to help them, you become an asset, not a burden in their home. I would never ask someone to wash my clothing, and then lie on the couch playing with my cellphone while they are doing it. My mother would be appalled at me. You take what you need with you and come prepared, and you always leave the home behind you in as good as, or better condition that when you arrived, not a mess for your hostess to clean up after you have left. Come on, if you are going to take a bath every day - is it really too much to ask of someone to rinse out the tub of the soak scum & pubic hairs you leave behind. (Sorry - that is a big disgusting - but I might as well tell it like it is).....
    I was lucky enough to have raised one way (hospitality hostess method) and married into another one (helpful guest method). So I can apperciate both ways. Neither is wrong or better then another they are just different. Both have great advantages.

Just my two cents worth. Off my soap box now.

And giving you a (((great big Hug))) for your frustation with your house guests.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh boy! I take a nappy.. and all this activity. Welcome back SvsS..

gross bathtub! OMG! you must have been sceeved out!

K.. now.. about those rice and beans. lol!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Nurse View Post
    Oh boy! I take a nappy.. and all this activity. Welcome back SvsS..

gross bathtub! OMG! you must have been sceeved out!

K.. now.. about those rice and beans. lol!
    Exactly - no more about guest 'etiquette' - I am done living that dream....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If they for some reason pull out their vacuum - you offer to push it around for them.
    I just remebered something. I would pull out the vacum as a young mom (pre schooler and toddler) and my father would turn to mom and say time to go. Hubby once ask me why my dad did that. So I asked my dad. He said pulling out the vacum was a sign the guest had over stayed thier welcome and it was time for them to leave.

I had to tell him that was not what it meant in my house. It meant the children made a mess and I was cleaning it up. LOL That I vacummed everyday (Sometimes more than once)

After that they did not leave as soon as they saw the vacumm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

oh Imagine.. that is a funny story. It's really funny how the thinking is so different.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Evening kids

Made pancakes used up the last of the box mix. I am proud of myself, I gave up using the canning ring (it was a PIA) and with practice I can pour a almost perfect pancake!! Yay me!! I added maple extract this time, we shall see if that might make them more like the SB ones. I also made tortillas. We had a early dinner....I think J couldn't stand waiting any longer with the smell of pot roast and HM bread wafting thru the house. As he put it I can't hardly smell....and I haven't been hungry in days. But maaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn that smells good!! Cleaned up the dishes and the kitchen. Packaged up the cordless phone to return, no need keeping it since the one feature I use the most is missing. I will just make do with the corded phone till I find one with a speaker phone on the handset. I been comparing and comparing the canned foods and the SH cost (like honeyville & thrive). Has anyone else ever used these? I'll post and share some numbers once I get them worked out.
    I just had a snack of popcorn and need to go take my shower, but wanted to hang out a bit longer

SvS- have you recovered yet??? Can I come over and have you do my laundry??? huh huh???

Imagine- Thanks for sharing that perspective......I am from the same teaching as svs, and would have been peeved, but I never thought that maybe that was expected. The vac story is funny....I am glad you asked and they realized you was not running them off with the sweeper.

OM- At least you got your shopping out of the way and taken care of. The house guest and fish analogy is awesome.

DC- That would be a awesome yard sale find!! You inspired me, I shall be patient and see if I can find one or if one finds me too!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    I just remebered something. I would pull out the vacum as a young mom (pre schooler and toddler) and my father would turn to mom and say time to go. Hubby once ask me why my dad did that. So I asked my dad. He said pulling out the vacum was a sign the guest had over stayed thier welcome and it was time for them to leave.

I had to tell him that was not what it meant in my house. It meant the children made a mess and I was cleaning it up. LOL That I vacummed everyday (Sometimes more than once)

After that they did not leave as soon as they saw the vacumm.
    That's funny imagine. I was raised with the same ideas as SS on having guests BUT I was also taught the same about taking the vacuum out when company was over. Interesting the different perspectives!

Bridge - sounds like a yummy and productive day for you!

FN - did you get all your cooking for the week done?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    That's funny imagine. I was raised with the same ideas as SS on having guests BUT I was also taught the same about taking the vacuum out when company was over. Interesting the different perspectives!

Bridge - sounds like a yummy and productive day for you!

FN - did you get all your cooking for the week done?
    The only cooking I haven't done yet is, I did not get my meals ready for the week. I will do them tomorrow. I'm getting my taxes done by the accountant tomorrow, so if I get a good return, I'll cook chicken. If I get a sour return, I'll cook beans and rice. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Back to report in on my food storage planning

The best prices including shipping for me was from 2100+ Survival Foods! Freeze Dried Food & Dehydrated Food!
    I have my order ready and I am placing it tomorrow
    (as not to waste a NS day, I know I am going to fazolis for lunch tomorrow they are having 1cent penny Penne for presidents day with purchase of drink)
    I was very happy it was this place because they also have yeast at a good price (better than Sams). I also found a bread mix to try....from my calculations it will be cost efficient if it tastes good

I ordered the smaller sizes for the most part this order, so I can try them and see if I want to order the larger sizes.
    I will order a #10 can of white hard wheat cause I just know a mill will find me, LOL or at least I am hoping.

This will be my order:
    SA4375 RD - Cheese Blend no msg 16oz, #2.5 can $ 6.97 $ 6.97
    SA4805 RD - Dessert Mix Banana Pudding Instant 22oz, #2.5 can 2.55!! 2 - 1 $ 7.29 $ 7.29
    SA5305 RD - Eggs Whole 13oz, #2.5 can 27 Eggs 2.19!! 1 - 1 $ 6.26 $ 6.26
    SA2485 RD - Fruit Banana Slices 9oz, #2.5 can 1.35!! 1 - 1 $ 3.84 $ 3.84
    SA8115 RD - Peppers Mixed 5oz, #2.5 can 1.72!! 1 - 1 $ 4.91 $ 4.91
    SA9575 RD - Spice Pizza Seasoning Blend 11oz, #2.5 can 2.89!! 1 - 1 $ 8.24 $ 8.24
    SA10395 RD - TVP Imagic Bakon Crumbles 11oz, #2.5 can 1.52!! 1 - 1 $ 3.99 $ 3.99
    SA10715 RD - TVP Pepperoni Flavored 10oz, #2.5 can 1.47!! 1 - 1 $ 3.83 $ 3.83
    SA10745 RD - TVP Sausage Flavored 10oz, #2.5 can 1.38!! 1 - 1 $ 3.60 $ 3.60
    SA10865 RD - TVP Taco Flavored 12oz, #2.5 can 1.48!! 1 - 1 $ 3.87 $ 3.87
    SA10315 RD - Tomato Powder 18oz, #2.5 can 2.97!! 2 - 1 $ 7.78 $ 7.78
    SA7055 RD - Mushroom Slices 9oz, #10 can. 5.00!! 2 - 1 $ 14.26 $ 14.26
    SA10005 RD - Storage Supply Lid Gamma Seal Red each 2.59!! 2 - 1 $ 6.77 $ 6.77
    SA11215 RD - Wheat Hard White 88oz, #10 can. , Golden 86 -0.92!! 6 - 1 $ 4.99 $ 4.99
    SA11345 RD - Yeast Saf Yeast instant 16oz 0.33!! 1 - 2 $ 3.20 $ 6.40
    SA4985 RD - Save Time White Bread Mix 68 oz. #10 can. 2.73!! 5 - 1 $ 7.76 $ 7.76
    SA8375 RD - Potato Hashbrowns 27oz, #10 can. 2.35!! 3 - 1 $ 6.69 $ 6.69

Order Subtotal: 107.45

I have decided I am not counting the SH in the grocery budget, I have created a category for SH. My logic being I don't calculate my fuel into my shopping trips. Oh the only non food and really non-necessary thing is the red gamma lid. But I want it for my big flour bucket cause I am tired of prying and pinching my fingers on the current snap on lid.

I have had 8 NS in a row, of course tomorrow will blow that....oh well
    My grocery budget is at 186/250 for the month and that is including the above order.
    Also much of this will be long lasting and will help out in the future month, hopefully.

Oh and the banana chips and pudding will be a pie, one of the sites I landed on had made a AWESOME looking banana pie with those~ Can't wait to try it.

I am really hoping this stuff will be good and work for us, I would love to get to the point of buying larger qty and majorly reducing the store trips and $$receipts $$

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bridge... you're much like me. Get the bulk stuff in and eliminate the trips to the store.
    Great deals on the food! wow! I'm really curious if you do like it.
    Is this to feed 2 people?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Nurse View Post
    Is this to feed 2 people?
    Yes it is,but I expect some of these things will last for months. Example the #10 can of mushrooms is 85 servings (supposedly) So that should last a while....I am thinking pizza, mushroom Alfredo, quesadilla ......yum

The bread mix is supposed to make 8 loaves