The Truly, Necessary Spending Challenge ~ What did you spend your money on today ~ - Page 328
Page 328 of 328 FirstFirst ... 228278318325326327328
Results 4,906 to 4,910 of 4910
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Last post 21st... today 25th.

This was supposed to be my semi no spend month. I semi kinda failed that one. First of month started off well. Then kinda fell apart.
    I've had 3 Dunkin' this month which I won't beat myself up for.

However after trying really hard this month I've found my downfall. I don't "shop" for "stuff". My downfall is grocery shopping. I seem to have a problem with stopping in to get "something" and coming out with "something extra". Or looking at the ads and "needing" to stop in to get those BOGO deals for the products that we use and still finding another "deal" that we can use for less than normal price. So while I'm "saving" money while buying BOGO or on the cheap I'm still spending. I wouldn't have died if I hadn't looked at the ad or not stopped at the store. Some of the stuff this month we actually did need. Most... not so much. Other hand all stuff we use on a weekly or monthly basis.

So my spends for Aug up to now have been 3 Dunkin's, gas and groceries. Oh.. or pet food. That's in there too.
    I think I'm going to concentrate on less trips to the store even if I don't cut down on what I buy as a whole. I didn't realize how much "falls" into my cart. But also to be fair I've had 3 trips tracking down the best prices for fruits/vegetables for this healthier food thing. I've found there's not much comparison as Save A Lot wins hands down so far. On the way home. No extra driving and about 50% of the price of Publix or Winn Dixie. Walfart and Aldis is way up from the house with extra gas used.

I know I have one more shop to do this month but it SHOULD be a small one.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Body tired out , did more Nursing assistant work today then usual due to staff shortage. Going to take a nap, can't spend if I am sleeping

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gas one day this week and groceries on Saturday. No "extra" spending but probably bought more than we should have....but at least it was food.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Since Tuesday the 25th the only unnecessary spend I've done is 1 Dunkin'. I did a prescription Vet food for Sophie pick up Saturday. Didn't even stop at $General for the $5 off. I think I did one grocery shop since then and it was minor. Most expensive thing I bought was 80/20 hamburger for $2.99 a pound. Bought slightly over 4 pounds. Made tacos today and divided up rest in ziplocs for freezer stockpile. After work Sat at noon came home and haven't left the house.

Sophies prescription was truly necessary. The grocery trip.... depends. Would not have starved if I hadn't stopped but all was stuff we were out or close to it and of that we use. I spent $47+. If I hadn't stopped I would have SAVED $47+and wouldn't have missed it for awhile. Guess it all depends how you look at it.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This week.....
    we spent $88.xx on groceries - needs only...well, other than 2 bags of potato chips saved $2.50 with an in-store sale.

Spent $2677.xx on a riding lawn mower, lawn sweeper, and metal gas can. Free delivery, earned 1% cash back thru swagbucks and 1.5% on the credit card.

$30 filling the car with gas.