The Truly, Necessary Spending Challenge ~ What did you spend your money on today ~ - Page 6
Page 6 of 328 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, I was hoping today would be a no-spend day. However, I came down with a urinary tract infection, so we had to get some AZO. THAT is some necessary spending.

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, that's necessary, Amy! Get well soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBoz View Post
    Okay, I was hoping today would be a no-spend day. However, I came down with a urinary tract infection, so we had to get some AZO. THAT is some necessary spending.
    Yea, I would call that some pretty necessary spending too. Hope you feel better soon!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh & I are watching netflix videos today - laying low.

The videos are courtesy of DS, so FREE to us. We dug up an old computer that was lying around (the keypad was broken on it, but it still worked) - I have been bugging DH to get rid of it for a couple of years, he just kept holding onto it. (So for once, DH did something right ~ lol)... anyway- he got the 'old girl up an running, and hooked it into the TV set. (Previously he was hogging my laptop to stream them (which meant that I couldn't bug everyone here - and all the other fun things I like to do surfing the net) -

So now, we have the old 'puter earning it's keep. And I am sitting on the floor with feet under the coffee table. This computer on said coffee table, along with a boatload of craft supplies. As I watch the movie, I am surfing the net, & making kittie toys for next summers Farmers Market...

B-fast, lunch & dinner are all coming from the cabinets/fridge....

Yup, it's a good day in the neighborhood for sure ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This sounds like a great idea...going to join you all.
    No spending today due to stores closed for NYs...tomorrow I will need to grocery shop but only for fruit,veggies,milk, and bread. I have lots of meat that needs to be used up before buying more. Going to keep my receipts for the year as well...so far today I have washed laundry on cold water setting and hanging most to dry. It is a start.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well - I know the day is not over - but I did pay $60 for a private ski lesson today because I got panicked on the slopes on Sunday. Therefore, drove back home. That was a waste of gas, time and season pass.

I consider this a necessary expense in that I purchased a season pass when spendy nurse was present. I need to use it 9 times in order to break even or I won't get my money's worth. Of course, I intend to use it a lot more than that so that I get a lot of use out of it.

Since I was paralysed with fear on Sunday - I wasn't going to use the pass at all. That would be the most unfrugal thing to do. Soooooo the instructor coaxed me back on the slopes and I got my groove back. I'm back to loving it again.

This year, I will not push myself beyond my capabilities and cause serious injuiry like I did last year.. and the year before.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Amy I hope you feel better soon!!!! Those really hurt.

Uh besides saving a little cash that broccoli will likely taste better. I think there is a big difference between veggies I freeze and the ones I buy frozen.

Being I broke a leg skiing I think the lesson was a great idea. Like you said you wouldn't want a season pass to go to waste.

Sounds like a plan Sophiasmomma

I won't be leaving or online shopping today will be a spending free day. Hubby made us eggs for breakfast. I made us taco/bean salad from frozen taco/bean mix from the freezer for lunch. Hubby will be grilling some marked down meat for dinner. I have fresh veggies to go with them.

My older dog turned 14 today and is having a rough day. She has been snuggled up to me most of the day. She is too big to normally be on the couch but hubby put her up here. I hope it is just another rough day for her. I am thinking her days are drawing short.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

double post. oops

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have any particular day to get groceries. I keep a running lis tof what is needed then tweak it on grocery day. I try to spend no more than $35 every 10-14 days. I find if I just run to store for one or two things I overspend.

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

onencgirl - I totally here you about overspending when you run into the store for a couple things. It's extremely hard not to!

I'm so glad that this thread (and Frugal Village in general!) was started. It's awesome to share the ups and downs of my frugal journey with friends in this thread. It's so easy to feel alone in this process.

Well, when I questioned DH if he'll ever read my "Total Money Makeover" book (that he bought me for Christmas), he flat out said 'no'. I tried telling him that it'll show me that he supports me then he started dredging up the fact that that's why we went to marital counseling a couple years ago...because of money. So......I guess I have to live my life and hope/pray that he sees the fruit of my frugality. Kind of like a person would live their Christian life in quietude (in marriage) if the other spouse didn't believe what the Bible has to teach. I pray that my frugal light will shine in his un-frugal darkness.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

today I really want to runaway with my daughter and go to eat and watch a movie..I am not..It is an emotional respose to hubs being grumpy... soup/ cereal/ sammie for supper fend for your self tonite

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    ..It is an emotional response to hubs being grumpy...
    Awwwww...sorry your hubby is being grumpy today and you've got to deal with it. I understand. My hubby has "those days" more often than not. Way to go for saving money and not running away with your daughter...although that would have been a lot more fun than dealing with your hubby.

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now my hubby is acting like a jerk...all over the fact that I glued some magnets on the wrong spots of my new calendar. Sheesh! What is it with them tonight? I'm staying away from him until he apologizes for his over-reaction. It's one thing to say something...it's another to raise your voice and get your adrenaline rushing over it. What a non-issue!...gluing something?!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well My husband left for work about an hour ago so no problems here!

I did go to the grocery today to pick up a few items strictly from the list but that is all! Taking 1 kid to have a filling fixed tomorrow and 2 to the orthodontist! Its a good thing I work in the dental field!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spent today in the ER with mom in law waiting to see if she would be admitted. Spent 4.08 for a french vanilla latte for me and a soda for DH. Completely necessary after 4+ hours waiting in the ER room with her and more to follow. But parking was free since it was a holiday. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess.
    Barb
    2015 - Get Fit in 2015 - Physically, Financially, Mentally and Emotionally

January 2015
    Grocery challenge 400.00 goal /0
    Menu planning -31 days goal /0
    Christmas 2015 50 month goal/0
    Swim with Dolphin Fund 100 month goal/00
    Bedroom carpet and redecorate fund 100 month goal/00

Time Goals
    Watch netflix House of Cards but limit total TV viewing to no more than 2 hours per day
    Stitching project - pillow cases
    Attend Yoga class once per week - Jan goal 4 sessions minimum

Health Goals
    Drink water - January goal = 2 8 ounce servings daily for 31 days/
    Sleep - retire no later than 11 in bed as opposed to on chair
    Exercise 3 times per week = Jan goal 12 sessions
    Walk 10K steps per week = 3 times per week= Jan goal 12 sessions

Mental Goals
    Learn to perform one task on Smartphone or use one new application on phone
    Focus on learning product functionality at work

Every little tiny bit helps to get rid of that debt

Success is not determined by how smart we are, It is determined by the decisions we make

Page 6 of 328 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106 ... LastLast