The Truly, Necessary Spending Challenge ~ What did you spend your money on today ~ - Page 66
Page 66 of 328 FirstFirst ... 16566364656667686976116166 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    So anyway. Little Miss saved up her money and now has a tv and a blueray that gets amazon prime and you tube (since we can not get free tv here and we are not paying for cable upstairs)

So she practies her violin in her room (all instrument practice from everyone happens in their own bedroom with the door shut)

She you tubed her musical pieces and found concerts of them being played. So she could practice with an orchestra. I thought that was creative.
    awesome and so smart and creative..u rock momma.. I wouldl ove to listen to her

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow I can not keep up with everyone here

Ok good luck on the moves it is such hard work and is tricky, pizza, snacks, pop.....can add to the expense I always plan for that... I stock up on pop, water, little debbie cakes, chips, and always make sure we at least enough cash for a couple meals fast food... if not then lunch meat, cheese, bread, frozen pizzas and paper plates and towels not frugal but I plan for it..

I am a bin hoarder...I like organization and I also like those metal shelves.. I want a couple more this year..

If u want a diet coke it will be ok..not good 4 u sure..but if it makes u happy go at it..I am one of those people who if I want something it will be ok....(in reason not drugs, or way expensive things) and I do not drink pop everyday and if I want one it will be alright.

2 morgage ? pay it off so it will be yours...I wish I could pay all my debt I can not I will die with debt..it is all student loans and medical..I pay what I can and don't worry..what can they do I don't have anything....
    it goes here rent, food, water/gas, electricity, phone, everything else....debt is at he bottom of the list..but hat is because of income...pay the house off...my opinion..

shop if u need to I would rather pay less than half for something, than wait and pay full price......a dime saved is a dime earned....twice..u earned it , and u spent it , and u save some of it..very wise indeed.

if u put what your wants or needs are out in the universe some how it happens..at least that is the way it works for me...
    kindness begats kindness

Yes I shop ahead and plan snacks..I shop like a month at a time fresh fruit and veggies are the hardest...so I really don't count my spend and no spend days maybe I should..I think I would do better if I menu planned and used my crockpot more....
    I hit a sale and we eat it..I have not been to the grocery for a long time and I could go another 6 weeks and hit empty..but I don't want too..I am planning on emptying out my freezer next month....

buy a crockpot it is worth the money....saves time, energy, and is easy as pie.. to use....

have not picked my meds up yet will get it today...planned and still have not picked up catfood..found bag was small.will have to pick some up this weekend..planned

also rent + groceries= broke until next Saturday...so no spending here..but all our needs will be met with a few extras such as a pop, a steak, some apples..life is good....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bridge.. you have a good point there. I will be downsizing my 'stuff' and won't really 'need' bins.
    okay. I'm scratching 'go to Target' off my weekend 'to-do ' list.
    thanks!

And it's okay to give up the challenge. You need the soda pop.. go for it. it makes you happy. You tried - at least. I gave up the decreasing the heat part because it was too cold and I was afraid the baby was cold. Still on for the coffee kcups though

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    I am still going to work on not going out to eat (especially lunch on workdays) and I want to track my money down to the dime. I always attempt to and then get lazy.
    UGH! That's me. I start off good tracking and posting then it goes to crap. So you're not the only one.

So far today so good. Haven't spent. Could have lunch bought for me and even turned that down. Good intentions of bringing stuff back to me is killing me on the scales. We'll see what the rest of the day brings.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Confession time.............I have ditched the 10 day challenge. I have decided that it is not worth it to me to give up my diet coke. Sometimes we need things we truly enjoy in life and for me that is diet coke. And really, what was I accomplishing....why was I giving it up? I was just swapping one chemical concoction for another, Crystal light drops for soda...same artificial flavoring, sugars etc. Yes there may be a small cost savings in between using the CL drops and sodas but not enough IMO. I am frugal in so many ways, and I have decided this is not one I am willing to do.
    That's okay! I ditched my "Don't drink any alcohol challenge". The wine keeps calling me in the evenings, and after a long day it's so hard not to listen to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    QM - I agree with FN when she says you are saving money by shopping each time you can get a deal. I don't need to feed daycare children or little kids (although DH is like a little kid ) so I don't need to pick up snacks all the time. You are doing FANTASTIC picking up all the deals you do! I would do the same if my life was like yours so don't feel bad!
    I need to remember that I'm getting some pretty good deals. I just wish I could somehow also manage more no spend days.

OM - How are you feeling these days?...health-wise?

Thanks for all the suggestions as to where to throw that one daycare kid's money. Knowing that my mortgage will be paid off faster was always the way I was leaning, but it's hard to know what the "right" way is. I'm sure Dave Ramsey's way is the best way, but if you don't have your spouse on board then you've gotta make a few changes to the rules.

Not much is new other than I don't feel like finishing the load of laundry I started folding. While the kids napped, I mostly farted around on the computer and chatted on the phone. I love my moments of me-time!

BBL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am still going to work on not going out to eat (especially lunch on workdays) and I want to track my money down to the dime. I always attempt to and then get lazy.

!
    what works for me is - I have myself a free spending of $10 week. I dont' account for that at all. just that I took $10 that's all.
    That amount could be what ever you chose it to be, but it has to be an amount you can afford to NOT track.

After that, everything else is by debit.. right out of my account. I go into my account daily and check what was taken out. I have a paper trail of every dime I spent and where it went. I document in my register as well as my budget that I spent that and what category it comes out of. (I use a virtual envelope system that I created - I guess it's like the YNAB thing - the zero balance budget, but on an excel sheet. It could be on a paper column as well.).

I am able to track every penny - sans the $10 (which I haven't been spending anyway!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm back ..... (and it took me 4 pages worth of reading to catch up) boy, you people have been busy!

The move went well, considering I fell out of the UHaul 10 mins after we started, right onto the hitch with my knee. (Now I am limping around like a 3 legged-dog).... it hurts! (But I was a trooper and kept right on at, keeping my whining to myself) - actually it hurts worse today than it did yesterday. It's wrapped up and I am making it along (just a little more slowly)

We got in at 1am - I went to work at the grocery from 9-12 (that's all my little knee can take at the moment)

It rained on and off on us, and towards the end it got really cold on us. DH worked on plumbing most of the day, so it was DS, me, my nephew & his girlfriend for 1st shift. Later on the nephew & girlfriend moved on (literally- we moved his stuff too) - and a new crew came in when they got off work @ 6pm (2 of DH's co-workers). We did 2 complete loads of a 17 foot trucked stuffed to the gills (DS is just a single guy, this was not an entire family move) - in addition to the truck, we had 4 cars full of stuff going along for the ride also. We also filled the truck in the morning with construction debris and hauled it off to the landfill.

I spent no money yesterday at all ~ woohoo!!! Gas to get there was with our company vehicle. I packed a huge cooler with drinks & food to make sandwiches, and everyone lived on it all day long. We had 2 bags of chips & some snacks. We were set. On the way home DH did pick up some White Castle (with his allowance) - but other than that.... No Spend Day for me! (I didn't even look for my seeds, no time for that)...

I brought home an entire SUV full of stuff. It feels like X-mas! There is some food items (DS did not want) - like PB, pancake mixes, shortening, etc....

There is a boatload of stuff that I will put in the garage sale. DS's aunt keeps giving him all this stuff (she is a shopoholic) and buys all this stuff and then dumps it on everyone else. Thankfully I live too far away and no longer have to go thru that. Anyway, the house was full of brand new stuff (gadgets, decor, kitchenware) - and he didn't want any of it. So I am selling it in our sale. If I had more room, I could have brought a boatload more of it home too. The rest will end up at Goodwill.

I also got an entire box (as in BIG box - banana box size) full of bottles of lotions, oils, perfumes, bath items... all brand new. DS's ex-girlfriend left them all behind when she moved out 2 yrs ago. He just left them alone and never messed with them. She was apparently a hoarder of them. Cool!

He gave me a coffeepot, a George Foreman Grill, a humidifier and a slew of other things for myself. I needed a coffeepot. The Foreman - well I don't know. DH has always wanted one, but to me it is just another dust collector. The humidifier will be good for the bedroom, I have considered buying one. And I don't even remember what is in the rest of the boxes I drug home. I'm too tired to look at the moment.

I have a giant box of blankets, towels, rags, etc - for the animal rescue.

So, all in all - it was worth the long day that I put in...

FN - way to see the light on all the bins. You are de-cluttering, remember??? I am working on reducing my box, container hoard.

Bridge - if there was a 'smack you' button - you would get it! (And you know what for!)

DEB- I do like you do. If I run low or out of something - we work on eating something else. I have an abundance of eggs right now. So Dh has been eating a lot more eggs for b-fast. It lightens the load on the cereal, and makes it last longer. We have a bunch of bread - so we are eating more of that right now. I've been baking 90% of his treats (the other 10% is stockpiled store bought)- fruits/veggies are from the freezer or cans (unless I bring them home from the reduced rack on the days that I am working). Since the beginning of the year - it's eat what we have and figure it out when we need to improvise. I have lots of stockpiled stuff here - once we get thru it all, there were be more spend days as I replenish. For now, it's no spend as much as I can....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am ok I have overdone it so I am feeling a little sluggish....so today is an easy day for me...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

crosspost sammy hugs way to go on all the give mes....sounds like u hit the mother load..I am sure the good will, animal shelter and yard sale junkies will enjoy..I love when people spread the wealth....hugs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelvssammy View Post
    Bridge - if there was a 'smack you' button - you would get it! (And you know what for!)

Bridge.. you have a good point there. I will be downsizing my 'stuff' and won't really 'need' bins.
    okay. I'm scratching 'go to Target' off my weekend 'to-do ' list.
    thanks!
    Good job FN!!

what works for me is - I have myself a free spending of $10 week. I dont' account for that at all. just that I took $10 that's all.
    That amount could be what ever you chose it to be, but it has to be an amount you can afford to NOT track.
    I really like this idea....I am going to try it, Thanks!

I am not looking forward to seeing the "total" at the store in a few....I will stick to the list....I will stick to the list.....I will stick to the list!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    I am ok I have overdone it so I am feeling a little sluggish....so today is an easy day for me...
    Take it easy girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    crosspost sammy hugs way to go on all the give mes....sounds like u hit the mother load..I am sure the good will, animal shelter and yard sale junkies will enjoy..I love when people spread the wealth....hugs
    I told him that had I been a little closer - a lot of stuff would have gone out onto the lawn with a free sign before now. I didn't want to do that yesterday, coz I was afraid it would sit out in the rain and be ruined, or blow away. That is what we do with a lot of stuff that is left behind at the rentals. Everything is gone right away (they usually even take our signs that say FREE - lol)

I am not looking forward to seeing the "total" at the store in a few....I will stick to the list....I will stick to the list.....I will stick to the list!!
    Yea - right....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sammy when I lived at the apartments I did that set it on the picnic table and put a free sign on it..never packed anything back in..going to go cook supper don't feel up to it but will do it any way....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to learn crockpot cooking, but I don't have one, so it will have to wait until another year. I usually pack an extra day of food for DH (rotating it forward as I cook/pack the next day, so everything is fresh), and then we use it for unplanned meals during the week. If it's not needed, then we eat the last one over the weekend.
    Look on freecycle for one. Look at thrift stores. Ask around. If you lived closer, I have an extra that you could borrow to test it out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spend day took Hubby out to eat for his birthday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No spend day here today. Tomorrow will be a spend day though. It is grocery day.