The Truly, Necessary Spending Challenge ~ What did you spend your money on today ~ - Page 9
Page 9 of 328 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959109 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I don't know that every purchase I make will be deemed necessary but I am going to try to keep track better this year, of my impulse buys. Yesterday for example, my younger dd said she needed a new binder for school and I knew the dollar store near us had some for 1.49. She also needed folders. 8 of them. But they have to have holes to go in the binder. I went with my older dd to get groceries and we stopped there first for the binders/folders. Well the binder was not wide enough. No point in wasting the money, and the folders had no holes. I pondered making the holes but the folders were all different sizes and they wouldn't have lined up in the binder (when I found a wider one elsewhere) and my dd is severly OCD and would have never used anything that was different sizes so that should have been the end of the trip right? Well older dd that was with me says I need lined paper for school. I grabbed a pack. We always need printer paper. Grabbed a pack. Then I was on my way to the register and passed the glasses. I don't have a prescription for reading glasses but very much need them to read. The weakest strength. I try to keep a pair in the car, several in my bedside table and around the house. It's kind of hard to find a pair in my strength and when I saw two pair I grabbed them even though I didn't need them now. They get scratched or the dog finds them etc. and I like to keep them around. So I went in looking for two things, folders and a binder. Found neither but still spent 4.00. I think it was necessary though as it was on things we will use but did not NEED in that exact moment. As a happy surprise when I got the grocery store ( Meijer, kind of like a super walmart, has everything) I found a binder in the correct size on clearance for 2.49 and folders with holes and cool designs on them for .24 each. The dollar store folders were 2 for a dollar so I got double the amount of folders for the same money. Groceries? ugh..... thats a different thread.

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So far I haven't spent a dime today. Went to McDonalds and got a free mocha (by using a coupon that came in the mail). Then went to a playgroup with the kids.

Came home, had lunch (ate WAY too much!) and now I'm going to heat up a coffee and start into some bookkeeping for my business. Matching receipts to bills and pulling out receipts for business is about all I'll do...but that in itself will take 1-1/2 hours. Many, many, many hours go into doing my own paperwork to get ready for the account.

Off I go!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just had to buy a text book for the university.
    It cost (used) $3.02 and the shipping was $3.99. for a total of $7.01.
    Totally necessary for school to meet my 20 wishes of taking 4 university courses and to enhance my career.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

today was spend 30 or 35 bucks (stuff for the flu/stomach virus) can not remember which now and 12 dollars to pick up his meds..and 35 dollars yesterday for cigs..

the things for flu and his meds are necessary..the cigs are also because he would get on my last nerve

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    the cigs are also because he would get on my last nerve
    sorry! that's funny!

sorry that you have to care for sick hubby. Hope he gets well soon. Be sure to wash your hands frequently, quaranteen, and lysol anything he touches. You DO NOT want this flu going 'round.

Hugs to you (followed by purell).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

$0 spent today.

I made money at my new job but I won't get a check for a while.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just htought of something funny. It is the 3rd day of hte new year and I have spent $3 so far this new year.

To bad saturday when I go grocery shopping I won't be able to say day 5 of new year and have only spent $5 in the new year.

I think my grocery list already has more that $2 worth of groceries.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    I just htought of something funny. It is the 3rd day of hte new year and I have spent $3 so far this new year.

To bad saturday when I go grocery shopping I won't be able to say day 5 of new year and have only spent $5 in the new year.

I think my grocery list already has more that $2 worth of groceries.
    But the year is 2013 ~ oh, think of the possibilities.... lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Afternoon ladies!

Was thinking of heading to the dollar store to get some hair ties...since I'm out...but didn't want to give up my no spend day today lol...I did go onto nordstroms website to fill a cart or window shop...then I dumped it and carried on about my day.

Old habits die hard...but we really want the mortgage at 30,000 come December 31st. And shopping for wants will not make it happen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelvssammy View Post
    But the year is 2013 ~ oh, think of the possibilities.... lol
    My brain in tried. You might have to walk me through some of the possibilities.
    Last edited by imagine; 01-03-2013 at 05:58 PM. Reason: fixed typos

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Awesome job SM! But stay away from those sites. One if these days you might cave.

I get so tempted myself so I have to hurry and delete the email without reading. But you are totally right 'old habits are hard to die off'. I'm having withdrawal symptoms from not spending. Lol

Keep up the good work and may you have all the resources to get your mortg to under 30,000.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Nurse View Post
    Awesome job SM! But stay away from those sites. One if these days you might cave.

I get so tempted myself so I have to hurry and delete the email without reading. But you are totally right 'old habits are hard to die off'. I'm having withdrawal symptoms from not spending. Lol

Keep up the good work and may you have all the resources to get your mortg to under 30,000.
    You know what I used to do when I was having spending withdrawals ~ go to the library. Get a few books, a few movies, maybe some music CD's or audio books. Some libraries even lend things like games & artwork (ours did when I was growing up. Maybe that kind of stuff is long gone now) ...

There is nothing like coming out of a place with bags full of goodies that were all FREE (even if for a short time), which in reality is even better. It can't become clutter 'coz you have to take it all back...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just a quick check in. Busy night! I spent $20 today. We had the chance to upgrade our balcony room on the lower levels in the rest of the ship to one of the upper levels in the middle of the ship. It is a good deal. We saw the price difference months back when we booked. I can't wait for that anniversary trip.

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today was a no spend day! Woohoo! Didn't leave the house since getting back from playgroup later this morning. That helped.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today was a no spend day here for me! Woohoo!

Page 9 of 328 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959109 ... LastLast