2014 Grocery Budget Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

$375 a month for 3 adults and a dog. We will see how it goes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in! Been away for awhile but have been frugal. I am currently stocked up, problem is I need to be better about using it up and most of all circulating it so I use it up by date. I would like to go a min. of a couple of months only buying bread, eggs and some produce. Keep you posted.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to have better control. 2013 I started out great but then I tried doing weight watchers and doubled my grocery bill. I want to get it back to $50 a week which will average $217 a month. This is for food only for 2 adults and sometimes a poor starving college student

I would also like to try to go at least one week every 2 months and not buy a thing just use what we have. If I can manage that I hope to reduce my budget by $300 for the year.
    Terry

Jan grocery 129.57/275.00
    Jan coupon 1.00
    YTD grocery
    YTD coupon

New Recipe 1/24
    Items repurposed
    Twenty wishes 0/20

as of 1-11

Personal challenge, 5 A Day
    put away, throw away, give away
    at least 5 items a day

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in.. I was terrible last year about keeping track, really need to do this. I just went on what my husband calls a throw and go, this is you want it...you better get it. We rarely do this, maybe every 2-3 months. This time we spent a total of 186.00, we will still be adding fresh fruit, veggies and a few cat items. I will shoot for $300 a month for me, hubby and 1 cat. I already challenged hubby to see how long we can go without a major trip....he loves a challenge

$300

$114 to go

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to be in, and as we ate out alot last year, I have 3 categories.

One is my doggie and her "stuff". I am aiming at $1000 for the whole year, which includes flea treatment, heartworm, yearly appointment, maybe one other appointment just in case, food and toys/treats.

One is my going out to eat. I am setting it at $50 a week, which seems like a lot as I write it, but I am embarrassed how much we spent last year on going out to eat.

Last one is grocery. I am not sure what to set this at for my family because we ate out so much last year, but my daycare spends about $500 a month for 8 kids. So I will add $400 for my family of 2 adults, 1 teen boy and an 11 year old girl who eats like a grown man!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in but won't set a budget until after January, I want to track January to see what I'm spending and then decide if I need to cut or add to the budget. At this point it is pretty much just dh and I (our youngest is gone more than he is home these days) plus the dog and the cat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to join. There are five of us in the house, 2 adults and 3 kids as well as a dog and cat. I am going to put our budget at $100 per week to include food, cleaning products, paper goods and diapers. This would not include eating out or medicine. I do currently receive WIC so we get help with our milk and some eggs etc.

Registered User MakeADollarHollar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm back in this year. 2013 was full of all kinds of changes for us and I got distracted from the village.

Not sure of our amount yet as I'm still tweaking budgets and have one more shopping trip planned that will add some items to our storage. Currently have a deep freeze and regular freezer that are stuffed full as well as full pantry shelves. One thing I'm starting in 2014 is dedicating one week a month to menu's involving only food storage so we can do a better job at rotating our stock. That should also help with our overall spending.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Getting prepared by taking inventory of my pantry and freezer so I can incorporate what I have into the menus. Also having dh pick up sale items today. Will start officially on Wednesday with the New Year. Will track spending in January and set a new goal each month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The grocery budget is always my down fall. I have the best of intentions but always fall short. I actually started last Friday on a new goal of $100 a week for food for our family of 4 grown ups. I am not counting animal food but will include paper and cleaning in this budget. I will post later what I spent last Friday in another post when I get a minute to figure it up exactly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Groceries are where I fall flat. I need to think about this!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK, I looked through and last Friday I spent $138.05. I did buy enough for 2 weeks except for a few fresh items. So right now I am on path.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I averaged $336 a month over 2013 living alone but having my son stay here for about 10 weeks over the year. Since I eat mostly organic I spend more on food, but I gave up meat and dairy recently too. I think I will aim for $250 a month for 2014 and evaluate as I go. I do grow some of what I eat, mostly in the summer.

I recently inventoried my freezer and pantry and have a LOT of food on hand to get me started. What I really need to do is make a list of all the main dishes I can make from my food on hand.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in, but I will be mainly "read only". I am trying to dedicate a good chunk of my usual grocery allotment to the house payment. I have a ton of food on hand and I would like that to be eaten down. I am going to try to buy things like bread, milk, and fresh fruits and veggies mainly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in. I know I have been absent for quite awhile and much has changed in my life, but one of those things that has stayed constant is my debt. I am aiming for $300/month for 2 adults and 2 kids who are only with us 50% of the time. Most likely the kids will be iwth us full time after March, so I have a few months to stockpile until then. I do the shopping and my husband can make anything taste good - thank goodness!

I guess I should put out an updated post. (It's been a few years) But then again, I don't really want to add up what we owe at this point......

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast