2014 Grocery Budget Challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just home from spending $200, but now we should have enough TP and cheese to last at least three months.
    Total paid/saved: $214 900
    Total goal: $304 900
    To do: $90 000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll probably have to make a run tomorrow or Saturday for fruit and nuts. I'm good on everything else for at least a week but I need my smoothies, melons and Brazil nuts.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Registered User MakeADollarHollar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

@ Maui, it's easy for me to keep track of our grocery spending. Well, sort of. We have a cash back credit card and charge everything to it. I just have to sit down every month and go through every single charge and receipt to see what budget category it needs to be paid from. I pay the card off every month so there's no interest charged and each quarter they send me a check. Our average check is $112.00, four times a year. That money gets rolled right back in to our grocery fund since my grocery budget is always in the hole. It's $400+ of free food every year.

Today we spent:

Publix:$11.86 (mostly lunch items to carry me through the next couple of days)
    Aldi: $59.00
    Box Store: $27.54

I'll figure my total tomorrow when I do a full grocery shop from Publix on my way home from work.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in. Two freezers are full and pantry is pretty well stocked. I will aim for $400. month for two adults and that will include paper/cleaning products. Our problem right now are soft drinks so will have to try and lessen those. Good luck everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished my weekly shopping after work today. Spent $91.69 at Publix but I stocked up on Pork Tenderloin ($4.99# ) and I bought a Sirloin Tip Roast to make roast beef for lunches. At $3.99# it's cheaper than lunchmeat and much better.

Total for the week $190.09. Over budget as usual.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow morning. Pretty short list of things to buy: fresh fruit, frozen fruit, veggies, raw nuts. Our new Publix has much more organic choices cheaper than the health food stores here. I so wish we had a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods.....nearest one is an hour away. I still have 3 $50 gift certificates to Outback and 3 $25 Visa certificates. Will use the Visa for pet food.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well went and did a big grocery shopping today. I'm at $228.91 for the month out of my $500 budget....and it's only 1/3...Not sure if I am going to be able to make it....but I can start watching and learning and fine tuning to hopefully make it within the budget in the next month or two...the grocery bill is really killing us....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today was a shopping day...spent $170.00 out of the $500.00 budgeted...but 30.00 of that was vitamins...very pleased.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So far $8 on Wednesday on things for our extended family party and $15 today for Cat litter, coke (dh needs his caffeine), some discontinued cereal and crackers. Of course my boys promptly tasted/smelled the cereal and told me they did not like it. Oh the joy of picky eaters! This first week is going to be a little long so that I can get us to next Friday. I want to start our weeks from Fridays since we get paid every other Friday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No groceries bought 1/1 or 1/2 or 1/3 . Eating from pantry and freezer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made a little trip took hubby with and he promised to be good. He did pretty well He did want some cookies and a one serving size ice cream thing, I was proud of him.

$300/ 186 - 22 ....o.k. $92 left

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to Publix and a small health food store today and spend around $80. I also took a friend to lunch - Outback carry out and used my $50 gift card. I'm counting the gift card as part of my January spending because my goal is to not spend more than $600 on food and other grocery items, including eating out. I want to really track what I'm spending, even if I use gift cards.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just a side note for me:

I broke down the Tenderloins today and got them in the deep freeze. I just happened to notice that the tag said $5.99# on all three packages. So I ran and double checked their website. Sure enough, they were on sale for $4.99#. Publix has a policy where if they ring something up at the wrong price one of those items is free then you're refunded the difference on the remaining items. I saved all the package price tags and still have my receipt and will stop in Monday to get my refund. That will bring my total for the week down a little bit. I'll update my numbers once I get the new totals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have not been grocery shopping this month eating from Pantry and freezer,Then had a bunch of grocery given to me so I felt very blessed maby I can get by on less then $150. this month if so I will save that to go on things when I go to Sams.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oooo,,, Groceries as gifts! Way cool!!!

I am trying to keep my grocery budget at $400 per month for regular groceries. That number doesn't include the whole beef or the four 40 lb boxes of chicken breasts that we buy every year. It is for the rest of the things that I purchase.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast