How Did You Save Money Recently? - Page 13
Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to get onions and celery today for our home canned tomato soup. While at the grocery store I walked by the meats to see if anything good was marked down and was it ever!! I got 6 packs of ball park hot dogs for $1.65! They had ordered too many for the last sale and had bundled two packs together and marked them .55 each. I got three!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rummaged around in the chest freezer and found some good lunch-type items that are still fine to use. I had forgotten they were in there. It's a few meals' worth of food.

Before going to Aldi today I took a good look in the pantry to make sure I didn't buy anything that we already have plenty of. (That's a very ungrammatical sentence but it makes sense, I hope.) Aldi had an over-the-door shoe rack thingie that I would like to have but my current shoe storage system works and it saved me a few dollars.

I continue to cut down paper towel usage by keeping a good supply of clean rags to wipe up spills, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Decided to Foster a mom cat and 3 kittens-free initially.
    Had a crate and big litter pan,litter,dishes and a cat feature at the house
    The cat I adopted recently had a free mat and toys come w/ him so I cycled those to the kittens

They came w/ fleas so we washed w/ Dawn dish soap I had in the house and used tweezers. We sprinkled the bath floor w/ Borax I also had-no cost
    I flea combed them=free

Bought kitten food for the nursing mom,a small pan for the kittens and nursing supplement paste for mom. The 3 small bags of food were $6. off total and I used another $8. in coupons I got off groc. reciepts and for signing up for birthday club,$36.)

Went to the vet and they gave me 5 packets of samples of Temptations. I got a presc. for antibiotics I can fill at Meijers free.
    He checked them,wormed all 4,checked for scrapes for mange,weighed and sexed the kittens for $88. He always discounts for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is a small thing, but I had a large bag of onions that was getting ready to go bad because I had not used them all. I chopped them up then froze some and dehydrated some. Saved some food from going bad and won't have to purchase more for a while.

Also, I have a bunch of herbs from my herb garden and CSA. There is no way I can use them all in the short term, so I will start dehydrating them tonight as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

used a $3. coupon to take DD out to lunch yesyterday. I got 2 at the 4-H fair I went to free.

Got 54 cans of Iams for $3.24 delivered by using Ebay bucks

Got .30 off a gallon of gas from Kroger using groc/meds points.

Bought a choc cake on clearance 1/2 off for our anniversary. No ones offended,we been married a long time.

Filling up the dogs pool. This is the 3rd season we used it and I got it discounted from S.A. Saves me hauling them to the lake too.

Got 2 more red box movies. The same movies OnDemand get $6.99 a piece to rent I paid less than $3. for 2.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used some fake fur from the stash to replace the sling in a cat shelf that was so matted and full of hair there was no more cleaning it. But now the ginger cat has claimed the old matted fake fur as a bed on top the dog crate, so I don't think I can throw it away yet anyway.

Working on making a harness for the new doggy from stash webbing and some stash fleece already made into the padding, and some stash reflective tape. I had to buy a D ring for $4, but a sled dog harness bought retail is about $40, so it's still a bargain to make my own.

Leftovers for lunch.

Homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream for snacks, made with clearance half and half, instead of stopping at DQ for Blizzards.

Husby took four vacation days to stay home and enjoy our new dog, so we didn't travel and spend money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone,
    After lurking on the dehydrating and foodsaver posts, I finally purchased the items. I absolutely luv them. I dehydrated Kale and zucchini yesterday and today I am dehydrating peach slices. I have a very small container garden and 1 square foot garden so hopefully I will have enou

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hokie_paw - WTG!! I love my dehydrator and food saver. Last week I used dehydrated potato cubes in my sun oven when I made pot pie. It worked and tasted great!! My sister dehydrated peaches and they tasted great too. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ate dinner last night on the left overs from our anniversary and then cake leftover too. So free dinner w/ dessert.

Trying to sign up for ebates to see if that will help us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been looking at every secondhand place on the Range while we were traveling around ISO another dog for some kind of basket or tray to fit a particular spot for storage of potatoes or onions. No luck. But I managed to stumble across an unused freezer basket I was going to use for patterns in my sewing room. I'm doing something else for patterns now, so don't need the basket, and it occurred to me it might work for the potatoes. I checked, and it'll be a perfect fit if I cut off the handles that stick up, so I'm going to do it. I'm also hoping I can weave in some stash nylon webbing to close up the sides and dress it up a little bit. So I should end up with a nice basket for free!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Telling the cashier that she gave me 10 c short. Granted it is not a lot (to me) but still.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As it turned out, I decided if we just bent the basket handles downward, that would work and they'd still function as handles, too. So that's what we did and they work great. I also decided not to weave the webbing around the sides of the basket. I put some plastic canvas in the bottom of the basket since the openings are quite big. The plastic was really cheap at GW. So I got the exact basket I needed for just a few pennies. It looks reasonably nice on top the stainless steel shelf/pull out I got NIB a few weeks ago at a rummage sale for $10. So now the potato and onion bin is all done, cost less than building it would have, and took almost no time and effort to do. Plus the wire pull out we've been using under there can go in the bathroom cabinet to hold the trash can, so that's a freebie. Win/win. The pull out that came with the SS shelf is the right size for ten pounds of potatoes, and the larger basket we just converted works great to hold lots of onions.

LO turkey burgers for lunch, sale pizza for supper, and discounted hamburger to cook up and have in the freezer.

Found a HTF Keith Secola CD at GW for $2. Yea!

Found three bowls that will work for salad bowls and coordinate with the vintage dish set we have in our camper, so I might be able to remove some bigger dishes from there and save space. The bowls were only fifty cents each.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Took both dogs to the vet yesterday and got the discount as usual.
    Got another redbox movie for $1.27
    Bought 1 dozen HW pills in XL AND 1 dozen XS so I will get 2 $10. rebates.

Went to a metro park for free because i bought a pass in the spring which I have used multiple times already. Ate my $5. sub meal in the car and had a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just bought airline tickets for my spring 2015 vacation using credit card points and miles from churning. Seattle to So Cal for two people for $12 total. Next step is to figure out discounts and freebies for hotels and rental car. Yay, we're going to Disneyland!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bought a new clothes dryer from Lowe's.
    It wasn't cheap by any measure, but I saved over $100 in several ways:
    1. All appliances were 10% off.
    2. Charged to my Lowe's credit card for an additional 5% off. Won't be due until August 25 - will pay in full.
    3. I had received a Lowe's gift card for $25 off any purchase over $250.