How Did You Save Money Recently? - Page 2
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am saving $25 by not buying sushi for lunch for MD tomorrow. Will make a salad and take it to the pool instead.

Got two reams of colored card stock for free yesterday using my Office Max rewards!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I called into the local radio show and won a free pizza. Twice a day they have a trivia question and you win even if you get the answer wrong. BTW the answer is always C. I plan on calling once a month and enjoying a free pizza.

I will resume canning this year, a year with commercial canned fruit wasn't worth the time saved or the extra money spent.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't really consider rebates as saving because you have to spend money to get them.....BUT......I got a $30 rebate from my new electric toothbrush and a $15 rebate for buying 12 doses of heartworm meds for my dog instead of 6.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Before we do errands I put some ice and homemade sweet tea into a 32-oz. insulated, lidded mug. DH and I aren't tempted to get a cold drink at a drive-thru anymore.

I recently cleared out our junk drawer and found several pairs of scissors that we needed. Now I have scissors in the den, kitchen, study, and our bedroom.

We watch the sales at Tractor Supply and get their clumping cat litter when it's on sale. I have a big plastic bin with a lid that we store it in. I usually have 75-100 lbs. in it.

We take scrap metal from around the house and recycle it for a few extra dollars. We have turned in old bent nails, rusty curtain rods, etc., and get paid for it. It's not much but it helps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Something else-----if you have a Chick-Fil-A close by, get one of their Cow Calendars each year for $6. With the Calendar Card in it you get something free each month. It might be a large drink, a free order of fries, a free sandwich, a salad, etc. It sells out quickly though. Many folks use it as a stocking stuffer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Had lunch at home today after my dr appt instead of doing a Taco Bell drive thru.

Have been looking at new luggage for a trip this summer since ours in us pretty poor condition - decided to make the suitcases last one more vacation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bought and have been learning to use a pressure cooker. So far with fantastic results!! This allows me to buy less expensive cuts of meat. Since moving in with man-friend, we agree on me buying the food and cooking, so it's a win-win for me. I still shop the sales, buy in bulk, stock up on great deals. He doesn't cook so he is digging the home cooked meals, whatever the price. Once my house sells my 'bills' will be less than $100 a month, gas for my car and buying the food. I can dig it.

We also found that asparagus is pretty hearty here, as a small crop he planted 2 years ago is yielding some stalks (yummy!!). Have transplanted a few bulbs/roots to a different area to get them growing for future years. Also some strawberry plants are coming up, sweet! Want to see what will grow in this area well.

They put in a small fridge at my office, allowing me to keep lunch there, cold ones anyways. Microwave is next. Leftovers here I come!! For now sandwiches are keeping me fed at lunch.

Keep up the good work all!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

nice everyone nice.
    Got 2 bunches of flowers free from St. Vincent DePaul just for shopping there w/ DD.

Been cashing in on the discounted gas from the Kroger points from meds and groc.

Been charging DD $100. a month rent to cover her food and $20. a week to cover driving her to work.

DH was able to write off an Olive Garden lunch today because of his work travel today

Been buying products at the flea market from couponers. $1. for a huge bottle of spf30 suntan lotion.
    Got 12 mini flashlights at new for .59 and got batteries for 4pk of AAA's for $1.00 All over the house now for outages.
    Bought all Dh's polos and my spring tops at S.A. at 1/2off night.
    Cashed in $50. worth of points on the CC and put it back on the balance
    Got my haircut at the Meijers hair cut salon for $13.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I Dumpster-dived a broken canopy that I'm going to use to make a frame to support the shower curtain and shower head for our portable indoor shower in the camper. At least, I hope I can make it work. I've been trying to figure out something for two years and couldn't come up with any idea I've been happy with, but this, if I can get it cut down right, should be perfect. I know I can fix the broken leg, so that part isn't a problem. The canopy is brand new in perfect condition except for the broken leg. Lucky me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ate 2 hot dogs at home and that was all

cleaned a junk area and found a ton of batteries and some milk soap. Embarassing but frugal

Used some of my larger pill bottles for safety pins and buttons when I cleaned the sewing cabinet

Got an oil change for $19.95 and they do a free inspection saving $50.

Cleaned out the back of the van and found 2 bottles of gummy Vit. I had left and a pair of those cheap gloves

repurposed some plastic sleeves from a broken folder to use w/ my cookbook collection.

Brushed the dog outside w/ a cheap pet brush from the dollar store and a recycled groc. sack. No mess,electricity and no vaccumn bag.

Bought hydrogen peroxide for .75 a bottle instead of big Lots $1.25 price got 4.

Fed stale rolls to the 3 dogs for "treats".
    Using dental floss Dmom got from the dentist free and gave me.

Using wasted printer papers other side for scrap paper for lists

used left over restaurant napkins to wipe creams off my face. Froze the dipping tomato sauce and used it on a pizza bagel.

Got a free xl coke yesterday because I asked for no ice and she forgot (cant do well water) and I gave it to DH.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Drove 4 extra miles (round trip) and paid only $14.50 for car's oil change (compared to the place that wasn't the 4 extra miles, but wanted $55!!! *with* me bringing my own oil/filter).

Dh & I got haircuts at Great Clips 7.99/haircut sale.

Dh just adjusted our cell phone plan, saving us $25/month! And, no changes that we'll even notice!! =)

Been working on cutting back electricity usage and gas (heating) usage. Finally got to turn the furnace off about 2 weeks ago!! (Hey, it's Alaska).

Just graduated college, but *not* taking a celebration trip like everyone else I know (most of who are going into further debt for it).
    And, boy was that hard to not do with everyone talking about it all!! ><
    Kace - Always pinchin' pennies!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Did end up eating at the 5 guys burger place on our date last night. Got a little cheeseburger and piled it w/ toppings. Ate 1/2 and took DD home the other 1/2. Got a drink and refilled it. Took another refill home for DD. DH and I split a little fry. $20. for 3.

Went to Dollar General next door and found small nail clippers clearanced at .40. Got 6. They are great for first aid kits,fishing tackle boxes (line clipping) and oh course in the bath. They were also selling anti-fungal creme (DH travels alot). He was charged $14. at CVS and this was $2.75 for a larger tube. I grabbed 2-one for the medical kit.

Paying all the CC and utility bills online save us a ton in stamps and envelopes. Need to do the medical that way.lol Hardly write any checks either-just charge and pay online as soon as it posts. Gather points that way too.

Bought a .25 camera bag (110) and keep all my diabetic supplies in it in my purse. I will prob. keep an eye out for a second one for the dresser upstairs. Its fairly water proof too.

More cleaning turned up 2 sheets (12) of light bulbs I got for Dmom she wont use. Into my supply they go.

I have been sweeping the front room instead of vaccumning. Does a better job and it free. No wear and tear on the vaccumn.no electric. If it just dirt it can go right back outside.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Saved money by being on my diet...finally back to 105! Done.

And scored a great deal ($1000 per trip) to bring my Army son home from Germany this visit & next....They make shat money, it's very stressful & they make them pay for food & uniforms so I'd rather he spend his money on other things.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by LynnLC View Post

And scored a great deal ($1000 per trip) to bring my Army son home from Germany this visit & next....They make shat money, it's very stressful & they make them pay for food & uniforms so I'd rather he spend his money on other things.
    Awesome. Please thank him for his service.

In this day and age, kids starting out need all the help we can give them.
    ~Russ

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by jess11 View Post
    Finally purchased a food processor on a really good sale. I make 90% of my food, now it is much easier to make "processed" foods, one item is coconut cream.
    ~Do share how you do this please!
    Mine for the week is making homemade peanut butter baking chips. No way was I paying $3 again for a 10oz bag of chips when a few TB of peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk would stand in. They have to be kept frozen until use but were easy and cheap and very tasty!~

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast