How Did You Save Money Recently? - Page 6
Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

More egg ideas...
    There are two kinds of pickled eggs, I like the ones with beets.
    I read on here a while back that somebody cooks up the eggs for egg sandwiches & freezes portions.
    Noodles - very easy & so good
    Chocolate chiffon cake - this is Devine, my mom used to make this.
    Put lots of HB eggs in potato salad
    Mix HB eggs in tuna for tuna salad- I don't like tuna but can eat it if it is cut with eggs
    My friend's grandma made "eggs marigold" she made a cream sauce, added chopped bolied eggs & served over toast, with crumbled egg yolk as garnish

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I saved money by cutting up at least 50 green onions that my dad gave me from one of his onion patches this weekend. We cut them and then put them in 16 oz. water bottles. They are great for soups, dips, pretty much everything you would use dices green onions for. Just sprinkle out few, let them thaw & dad the water off! All of the egg ideas are great. I love HB eggs- mainly the whites! Making eggs and then freezing them on an English muffin with bacon or whatever is great. DH loves that I do this for him for breakfast and super easy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow some great ideas for the eggs! I would love to do homemade noodles but not sure, do they take a lot of time? I am going to do the egg and potato salad when mother-in-law is here. I don't eat pasta anymore except on very rare occasions so potatoes will be it for me. I LOVE egg salad, always have.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've been talking about buying a new recliner but can't find anything we like, since the ugly overstuffed ones that take up half the room are what's in style now. We currently have an old (and I do mean OLD) Lazy Boy that's solid except for a broken spring in the seat. It's really dirty though, so instead of buying a recliner, I'm going to buy a steam cleaner and clean it, then slipcover it to match the couch I just redid a few weeks ago. I will have to figure out where to get a new seat spring, but that won't be expensive. Husby likes the recliner we have and it does not have giant puffy arms or an over-large seat, so it takes much less room than the new ones do.

I'll be happy to have a steam cleaner to use for other things, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My guys started frying an egg (or two depending on the size of the eggs) and then putting it on a grilled cheese sandwich. This is just about the only way they will eat grilled cheese now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by zakity View Post
    My guys started frying an egg (or two depending on the size of the eggs) and then putting it on a grilled cheese sandwich. This is just about the only way they will eat grilled cheese now.
    That sounds good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post
    Wow some great ideas for the eggs! I would love to do homemade noodles but not sure, do they take a lot of time? I am going to do the egg and potato salad when mother-in-law is here. I don't eat pasta anymore except on very rare occasions so potatoes will be it for me. I LOVE egg salad, always have.
    Making the noodles is easy & pretty quick, but they take a while to dry & it takes up space. Just measure the flour in a bowl, add the eggs & blend it all together. Roll it out as thin as you want them, cut & let dry. I have always cooked them the same day I made them, but you can store them if they are very dry, or you can freeze them. I don't eat noodles often either, but this is making me want them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I saved money recently on my flowers for my pots. I had $25.00 gift card from Walmart that I got for Xmas and a $40.00 rebate from Menards from a gift I bought, also @ Xmas. I shopped those places for my flowers & some garden plants. Then I planted them in my pots. That's what I've been doing today. I live in the country & if I plant annuals in the ground, the bunnies think I am providing a buffet for them. I have pretty good luck with the pots.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh cleaned out the gutters and fertilized/weed killered the lawn. Mowed the back and got the leaves.=saved
    Today he pulled the broken glass out of the bsmt window and is trying to buy a new frame w/ glass. Hopefully,something will be open and we will save??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been using my American Express (6% cash back) for groceries and (3% cash back) for gas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Memory returned (it's the first to go, you know) and we remembered the brand new portable gas grill we got back from my mom last year when we cleaned out her house. So now we don't have to buy one to replace the three we're trashing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kim, with the Amex cash back is it good at any store? I shop at Aldi mostly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just got a "great deal" on fresh ground beef at Aldi. All packs were 2.00 off which brought them down to about 2.29lb for 80%. I usually do the 85% but couldn't pass this up. So sad to think 2.29 is a deal Anyhow I grabbed 5 packs or about 13lbs. In the freezer they went for future meatballs, spaghetti sauce etc... Will probably go through 1/2 that when the boys and mother-in-law are here in a couple weeks. Avocados were .68c, saltines reduced to .89c. Nothing else for super sale prices but the ground beef was good enough. Killed me to buy produce with a garden that will soon be producing but I needed onions, carrots and celery(the celery I managed to forget!).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post
    Kim, with the Amex cash back is it good at any store? I shop at Aldi mostly.
    6% up to $6k a year off grocery stores. I saw a list of stores somewhere. I do all my shopping at Publix and Whole Foods and they are both covered. The card also gave me $150 bonus cash back after spending $1,000 in three months (on anything) and a year of Amazon Prime free. It's the only card I use for groceries. There is a fee and it's $75 a year but I spend $6k a year on groceries so that, alone, saves me $360. Any store that is considered a grocery store is included but some grocery stores don't accept Amex.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    I will have to figure out where to get a new seat spring, but that won't be expensive. Husby likes the recliner we have and it does not have giant puffy arms or an over-large seat, so it takes much less room than the new ones do.
    I think Laz-boy has a lifetime warranty on their furniture. Why not call them and ask about the spring problem and see what they suggest. They might replace the seat. It's certainly worth a call.

Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast