How Did You Save Money Recently? - Page 7
Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

cleaned some more of the MIL apt and found a small amt in pennies from a while back. still need to count.

Dh went to court w/ a speeding ticket of 3 over and paid the extra to get the point off. Should save on ins??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We bought the recliner used so no receipt. I don't know if they'd honor the warranty then. But maybe worth a shot.

I drilled some holes in a plastic tube feeder so the poor birds don't have to hang upside down to eat. Honestly, some days it seems like nobody can do anything right anymore. Who designs a bird feeder so the food ports are BELOW the perches? The consumer shouldn't have to be constantly correcting stupid mistakes like these. But I saved money by not replacing the feeder.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dmom is buying me a van w/ money from Ddads estate. I said no before but we are in dire straits w/ vehicles. Our Saturn has 3 recalls, and the van is having several issues after dumping a $1000. into it before this. They both are way over 100,000 miles. Now I can go see her and not be paranoid the brakes will fail. I'm in shock!! I need to take some of the weight off DH and this will help.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I saved money by doing a minor sewing repair to a patio chair cushion last night. It's not in great shape but now we'll get at least one more summer out of it before I have to make new ones.

I also saved money by changing a clinic appointment for Friday to Thursday instead, when another appointment came up today that must take place tomorrow. Now I will not have to burn off a gallon of gas in the truck to go into town twice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Chatterbox: I have frozen beaten eggs in ice trays that I've sprayed with PAM, then popped them out of the tray & put them in gallon Ziploc bags in the freezer. Let them thaw completely & they work fine for scrambled eggs, using in cake mixes, cornbread etc. I would crack & put 12 eggs (or however many cubes were in the tray) in a mixing bowl and beat well, then pour into the ice trays that I'd sprayed with PAM. Just don't forget to take them out of the trays, because if you leave them in there too long, the tops will freezer burn...ask me how I know that!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I froze raw scrambled eggs in a Ziploc bag in the camper freezer last year when we bought eggs for a campground potluck and then the potluck got canceled. I thawed them out a few weeks after we got home and they were fine.

I don't see any reason you couldn't chop up some onion, peppers, olives, ham, hot dogs, etc, whatever would freeze well, and freeze along with the raw scrambled eggs in Ziplocs or other containers for quick omelets. Thaw first though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

eggs-didnt see quiche or souffle. Those use a lot of eggs. I usually make a whole loaf of bread into french toast (freeze flat on a cookie sheet) and put back in original sleeve. 2x in the toaster to thaw. Cinnamon for variety. uses about a doz. eggs.

Stayed away from the library book sale and more sub sales. Havent spent anything but for groc. /gas recently.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My big score for today is buying 2 400g (nearly a pound) of chopped up stirring veggies for 62 cents each, because of a combo of discounts. I also bought a ready to eat salad for 1,46. Even when it is in Euros, it is a great deal, especially the veggies. To compare they normally are 2,49 each.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Homemade angel food cake takes a lot of egg whites. There's a cake that takes lots of yolks to go along with that. Yellow cake or pound cake maybe? I've never made angel food from scratch and haven't seen it done since I was a kid, so I can't remember.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh fixed the toilet in DD's bathroom for $10.
    We found a storage cabinet for $20. that was $200.
    DH returned the pop bottles for $15.
    Ate L.O. pizza for lunch at home.
    Stopped buying cookbooks on Ebay because of G.sales and such.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One side of the garage needs a new shingles so dh is going to replace them himself. I ordered the shingles through swagbucks with home depot which will get us about $15 in amazon gift cards. We put them on the credit card for the pints and paid the balance so no interest.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Back to the church rummage sale for $5. a bag and 1/2 off all big items.
    2 school formica adjustable tables. $30 but 1/2 off. Excellent shape. 1 for the breakfast area so my counters arent clogged and once we undue 4 screws to take the undertray off,the other is for the MIL apt. for either sewing or the microwave.
    If I put a plastic tablecloth on it no one will know what they are.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, good steal on the tables! Who cares if anyone knows what they are? Perfect for craft tables or whatever.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-the second one matches the 1st I bought 20yrs. ago that has been a school desk,grew up w/ my kids as an art table,lunch table and now holds my appliances. I love it because it cleans easy,is semi heat resistant and water-proof. They came out of a church classroom. and of course no one could see how great they were (no folks like us there.hahahaha!). So $8. 20yrs. ago and $30. yesterday for 2 more.

I walked 3hrs. w/ the family this morning at the Armada flea and only bought $1 cat nail trimmer. Oh and 3 $1. cans of soda and a water. Well worth the price of the sights.lol Could have bought a parakeet,used rifle,a raffle ticket for a chicken??
    DD bought some lavender/orange flavored popcorn.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since 3 of my daughters have moved out, we only have 1 daughter at home, so the lucky little girl finally has a room all to herself, so..... I have been wanting to give her room a makeover & get rid of the huge bunkbed/dresser/desk combo that was taking up space. We are really tight on cash, so I looked on Craigslist and found....I'm not kidding..... a beautiful wood trundle bed w/3 drawers underneath for storage for $25! I was so excited. The lady just wanted it out of her garage. This bed sells for at least $400. I got creative and stenciled some pretty roses on the head,foot boards and drawers. Her wood toybox has been refurbished into a blanket chest that is now at the end of her bed- dh repaired it, I repainted it & stenciled roses on that too to match the bed. We needed to complete her room with some pretty curtains and matching bed quilt, so I got to digging around in my fabric stash....OMGosh- I found a bolt of fabric w/roses on it that I had completely forgotten about.....so I made curtains -but also using the same valance that we already had(white eyelet) to go with them. I also had just enough fabric to make a matching bedquilt - which I will start on today. I also found a bag of batting and some pink embroidery floss to complete it. It pays to "go shopping" with what you already have on hand

Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast