How Did You Save Money Recently? - Page 73
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 236370717273
Results 1,081 to 1,091 of 1091
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to refresh my frugality! Have slacked off too much the last couple of yrs. I really need to use up things we have especially food and toiletries as we hope to be moving this summer. I fixed dinner tonight from 2 Tai Pei individual entrees, bag mix vegs & extra rice plus leftover for lunch tomorrow for less than $5. Also made enough extra rice to use for rice pudding for breakfast or snack.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Grammafarm - Like you I'm trying to use what we already have and to not buy more. We've talked about buying a used camper trailer and living in it paying less than $500/month instead of paying $1000/month rent. We'll have to do a lot of downsizing this year as the lease ends December 31st and IF we stay we have to sign up for another whole year

DH is having surgery on 4/18 and they want him smoke free for 2 weeks prior. Today is his first smoke free day - If he didn't go buy a pack. He's been wearing a patch the last 2 weeks and has cut his smoking by 60%. With his "no smoking" I've also cut mine back to a 1/4 of a pack a day. He was spending @$80/week and I was spending $5-10 depending on the brand. He smoked name brand and I smoked little filtered cigars, HUGE difference in price!

I'm so excited that my first batch of sauerkraut made it with my having to go to Ohio for 9 days. Fridays supper with be HM sauerkraut, potatoes and ham shanks. The only cost will be the meat and potatoes.

For "entertainment" I pulled out some old fabric and started cutting it into strips to make another quilt top. I really need to finish the other ones I have started Like that's going to happen.

DH wants to join a gym and I do not. I want us to walk by the river and to get out and do more in nature and not stuck in some sweaty stinky gym. So far I'm winning but we'll see how it goes.
    2020 Goals:
    Pay off Ohio House - PAID OFF!! March 2020
    Save for whole house generator - $0/$15,000 (Guess amount, no quote)
    Fully Fund all Retirement Accounts & HSA - $12,500/$43,000
    Save for fruit trees - $0/$2,000 (by December)
    Survive Outage - 6-12s for 3-6 months.....love the pay, hate the hours
    Save for pond....now a 2022 goal

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That would be HUGE if you can both quit smoking! Think of the money saved on cigarettes now and health care later!

I walked 7,000 steps Tuesday working with the electricians here, mostly doing assembly for them. Why pay them to put fan blades together and no-brainer grunt work like that? And of course they were thoughtful enough not to clean. Seriously, I love contractors who don't clean up. Why pay them $100+/hour to sweep the floor?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

While in Ohio for my dad's funeral I bought 2 skirts and 2 shirts - one for the viewing and one for the funeral. I wore the same clothes both days so I'm returning the unworn outfit. My extremely frugal dad would be proud! lol
    2020 Goals:
    Pay off Ohio House - PAID OFF!! March 2020
    Save for whole house generator - $0/$15,000 (Guess amount, no quote)
    Fully Fund all Retirement Accounts & HSA - $12,500/$43,000
    Save for fruit trees - $0/$2,000 (by December)
    Survive Outage - 6-12s for 3-6 months.....love the pay, hate the hours
    Save for pond....now a 2022 goal

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been downloading and printing lesson plan activities and ideas off the Internet for free, rather than join expensive sites or buy more books. I have to remind myself I'm just tutoring writing, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation, and not doing an entire curriculum with them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been making snacks for hubby's lunch at home instead of buying pre-made. Saved at least 1/2 pf store cost. Staying home has saved gas for my car. I have been mailing or paying online almost all bills. I have only one bill that I can't pay online. Using up little bits & pieces of bar soaps, shampoo bottles, travel size toiletries.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our gas bill has dropped about 75% w/ DH being laid up.Even w/ Dr. visits. All my shopping is very local and multiple trips in 1 outing

DD made the dogs tug toys again from scrap jean fabric.
    I got the vans exhaust fixed for $138. instead of about $700.

Have cooked so many meals at home lately and we are doing well

tomorrow Hunter gets his neck stitiches out and it will be free

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Didn't go anywhere over the weekend so no gas used.

Meals are at home and using what's there for last couple weeks. So far no grocery shopping.

Hubs checked oil in vehicle and it's 2 low. He picked up this morning and added himself.

Going to check date on sticky for oil change but think I have a bit especially since I don't drive much other than to work.

Brought in some of the breakfast bars we were gifted from the kids work and eating those at work. Also have Crystal light when coffee isn't cutting it later in the day.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a dollar store locally that I like to check out at least 1x a week.
    Yesterday they had markdowns on food items that had reached their store sell by date.
    I got 3 different kinds of crackers for 2 for $ 1 and I got those 4 packs of individual puddings that
    are normally anywhere from .79 to .99 at regular prices, for the price of 4 for $ 1.
    I bought 48 packages of ( 4 to a pack) for a total of $ 12.00. Plan is to stick them in the freezer
    to extend their shelf life.
    Been buying very little meat so I can defrost soon one of my freezers. It's a good thing

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Recently I saved money when ordered some service, as the iwner of the service told the cost of it and I practically ordered it and then I came up the reason on which I could claim the dicount and it worked. He gave me discount for 30% and it as about $450 in total.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Went on a 9 day road trip for $430 CAD, thanks to relatives.

Picked up about $450 CAD worth of clothing, books, fibre, household goods on the trip for no provincial sales tax and 30-50% off. Most of this was replacing my tops in my wardrobe. They were in bad shape and needed to be tossed in a bag for rags.

Came home and found the boarder has hardly eaten any meat. We're short hamburger and fish and that's it. Lots of pork and chicken left. We'll make a quick trip to Safeway this afternoon to remedy the situation. We are, however, out of mini pizzas, which is what he lived off of while we were gone! He went through 12 of them in 9 days, plus he claims he ate out 4 times. University students...

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 236370717273