2015 Grocery Budget Challenge - Page 11
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Costco was $118, then piggly wiggly was $50. Didn't get all the deals at pig, gonna go back and see if they restock. Cuties for 2.99/ 3 lb bag, tuna steaks 3.99/lb, tomato soup .30 a can., box of bacon 1.99/lb...just some of the nice deals I got.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent a total of $112 this week. Points for staying in budget but it still leaves me at an average of $137 which is $22 over my goal!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sent DH with a very specific list to the grocery store tonight. he did okay. It was $72 by the time he got home. That should get us through the week.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spent about $6 dollars at Walgreens on Friday. I got two bic razors, two gallons milk, two kotex, two boxes kids emergen c, two 4 packs ensure drinks one package bubble wands (for kids Easter baskets) and another box culturelle probiotics. I still have $12 dollars in rr for next week. I spent about 30 dollars at Hyvee, gave $50 to my mil to get some staples at Sams Club for me. I also spent about $40 at Franklins for 10lbs hamburger and two packages frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I am going to stop at Walmart tonight for some deals and that should leave me with just over $100 for next week. I will also be getting back some money from Ibotta, Saving Star, and Checkout 51. I have about 18.75 built up on my snap account. They just haven't had that great of rebates lately. Either they aren't that great or they are gone by the time I would use them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Went to the store to get a prescription.ground beef, and some cat food Ds was buying for my old cat. Ended up w/ no prescription,2 milks,clearance razors and over 10# of clearance Ground beef 85/15,2 pkg. link sausage,seasoning for spaghetti salad,the cat food,and some other items for $91. w/ tax. Thats expensive chili beef. Maybe I should send DH..lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Sue View Post
    I have not kept up with this thread on Jan. groceries, but I did go over the Jan budget by about 200. I think it was this last weekends trip and the way the date fell. I will not need to buy anything except milk and bread until mid Feb.
    On Saturday, I spent 114 at Aldi. Went in only partially planned, so, not all that bad as long as I wont need anything for another 2 weeks. At Walmart, I spent 133. However, I got 20.00 cash back to cover my sons school lunches for 2 weeks and 30.00 of that was reimbursed when I was able to use up the Walmart gift card. Another 60 of that was pulled from our tax check funds and I got a couple of small humidifiers for the 2 bedrooms....which adds up to about 23.00 in Walmart for household food and other items.

Total amount for this trip = 137.00

Not too bad for not being totally prepared in my opinion!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Going down to the Dr.'s and will stop at Costco on the way for prescription prices but now I have to buy cat food. Dumb dog has been chowing it all up in the bsmt w/o my knowledge. I fixed him. It on a high table but that was a $100. loss.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spent $70 CAD today preparing for an upcoming trip. That's $872 so far for the year. Food is so expensive here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Skipped the Costco Cat food for now
    Kroger-eggs,2 breads,a few bananas,and my prescription about $17.
    Going to make a loaf of french toast for DH and freeze it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

At $49.08 so far for the month. We'll see how the rest of the month goes.
    Debra
    Married to Michael
    Mom to
    Chassidy 29
    Tanner 25
    Johanna 20
    Grandma to Jaxson 4/18/14

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

spent another $31. Had sliced cheese,bar cheese,strawberries on sale. Last day of milk $1.99 so I got 2 more. Also invested in 2 5# bags of bread flour. And 2 tins of premium cashews $2.99. (hope to make DH a bit of this and that for Valentines Day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When you start post how many in family and what your goal amount is. You can also say what it includes ... paper products, HBA, pet etc or what it doesn't include ... paper, HBA, pet etc.
    We have three in our family, five whenever my two older kids are in town. I'm new to the forum so I didn't get to start in January or even the beginning of February. I'm going to start this month's with how much is in my budget for groceries for the remainder of the month and use the idea of trying to lower it each month. Honestly my personal groceries don't cost that much, but my husband refuses to give up convenience (frozen) meals or soda....which is a large amount of our budget.

We also need to stock up on some things now before lowering, because we've been doing some "cabinet eating" and have eaten through most of our reserves .

For the rest of February my goal is no more than $300. This doesn't include anything other than food products.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm also late at the starting gate, but will join for the rest of the year. My budget is $250 per month for 2 senior citizens one of which is diabetic. I spent $185.08 in January. I think $20 (maybe $30) of that was for Pepsi. I buy Pepsi when price is $10 for three 12 packs which is around 27¢ per can. If the stores have it 4 for $10, I stock up. One Pepsi a day plus microwave popcorn is our big splurge.

I have a good stockpile. Last week I "shopped" my stockpile for 10 lbs. of flour, mustard, sugar free syrup, quart of baby dills, coffee, brown sugar and cocoa mix.

February spending thru today is $47.97. My grocery budget is primarily food although I do buy tp, garbage bags and tissues at Aldi which gets added to food. Generally, personal supplies, supplements, etc. are purchased at Walmart and go to the miscellaneous section of our budget.

Last month was a disaster for auto $327.87 over, medical $461.85 over and miscellaneous $30.43 over. I'm really striving to stay within budgeted amounts this month in every category although it doesn't look good.

Last week I made chili with 1 lb. of ground beef, 2 cans chili beans and home canned tomato juice and home grown onions. We had 3 meals from that. Then I made homemade noodles (2 eggs & flour) and cooked them with leftover chicken in leftover chicken broth plus a pint of home canned broth. That also made 3 meals for the 2 of us plus one lunch for me. As you can see I've been s-t-r-e-t-c-h-I-n-g things! Last night I cooked a beef roast ($16.00 YIKES) with potatoes, carrots, onions and cabbage. I will get at least 6 meals from that roast including straight leftovers and then various casseroles and hash to stretch it. Potatoes stored from garden, onions from garden, cabbage from freezer (purchased on sale several months ago) and carrots from 2 lb. bag 79¢ on sale.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All right, finally had a good week! Spent $18.53! Brings my average to $118 per week. If I can get another decent week in I should be able to get that average down under my goal of $115 per week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm reporting in mid-month. I'm not doing so well this month, but still under budget. Hoping I can make it. Valentines Day supplies were included, which I possibly shouldn't have included in the grocery budget. I'm going to try to make it anyway. Freezer full of on-sale meat; pantry full of loss leaders. No more holidays until next month. Should just have to buy fresh foods and dairy to get me to end. Good luck to everyone else. Happy Valentines Day!

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast