2015 Grocery Budget Challenge
Page 1 of 43 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default 2015 Grocery Budget Challenge

Here is a challenge for the New Year to set a goal amount for the month ( even though the challenge is for the year ) and try to stick to it for buy groceries for the month. Some people in the past have tried to lower it by a little every month until they find a comfortable amount they can live with.
    When you start post how many in family and what your goal amount is. You can also say what it includes ... paper products, HBA, pet etc or what it doesn't include ... paper, HBA, pet etc.
    You can post each time you shop, weekly or monthly and tell how close you are coming to your goal or how much you went over.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Count me in. My budget is going to be $400/month for 2 adults, 2 kids and a baby due in May. Not sure if I will have to be adding formula to the budget...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think I will try the envelope system for this challenge. Will need to think about how much and what will be included. I have a Christmas gathering for husbands side of the family in January that won't be included.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last year I set $600, excluding December. This year I want to set $500. That's total eating, including eating out. It's easy to track because I only use my American Express card for groceries because I get 6% back. I'm one person but I make meals for others weekly. Does not include anything except food. I try to do mostly organic.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in I have a good stock pile so I am going for $150.a month for one for food and house hold and bath.May have to raise it later on.

Registered User AspiringToBeFrugal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am aiming for $3600 for the year which breaks down to $300/month or roughly $70/a week (give or take a few cents). I have a lot in the freezer that needs to be eaten and can build on these items to help keep the weekly cost down. This amount will go toward food, including bulk buying from a co-op, and HBA. Any money leftover at the end of 2015 (crossing my fingers that there is a significant amount) will be put in my change jar for that FV challenge.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in. I joined this challenge last year and never once made myself accountable. Going to change. Going to try and stay at $300 or under for two of us. We have no pets at this time but that may change in the future. I think $75 a week is very doable. Have lots in the freezer that needs to be used up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in. Some things have changed going into the budget next year so i need to figure out the exact amount but i'm looking somewhere betweent $350-$400 month for 2 adults, 1 kid, 1 big dog and 3 cats.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm a high roller. I'm in and setting the bar at $600 CAD/mth. for 3 adults. We eat a dairy free, gluten free, sugar free diet. Plus things are just plain more expensive in our part of Canada. However this includes all paper and HBA. No pets.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I joined in last year and just checked in a few times. This is the year I not only want, but have to be as frugal as I can. I have been spending somewhere between $400-$450 this year. But we are in somewhat dire straits now so we need to live off of what food stamps we are receiving. There are 4 adults that live in the house, however my dd only eats here less than 1/4 of the time. We get $303. per month, so that is my goal. My month runs from the 21st to the 21st so I will try to track it from there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Talked to dh, he says we should try for $300 a month, I think we may need more because I want to start eating healthier and trying new healthy recipes. Will use the envelope system and see how it goes. 3 of us here but son only home 1/4 of the time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd love to join this challenge. I am aiming for $500 for just groceries. This is for 2 adults and 3 teenagers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our grocery bill will probably go down in March. We have a boarder who will probably be moving out then. I will reassess the situation if and when that happens. Right now we're set at $600 CAD/mth., including HBA and paper. No pets...as previously mentioned. I'm expecting to drop to $400 CAD/mth. when the boarder leaves.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will join in at $75 a week and an extra $100 a month towards a SAMs club run. It is for me and DH, but also DS in his apt at college. DD is studying abroad this next semester, hence the need to budget appropriately! But, I am SO excited for her!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in! Let's see, I think I want to try $400 a month, including paper, hba, and stockpiling! We have a lot of meat in the freezer, and we always have a very large garden. This also includes my costco run, which is usually once a month and around $100.

We have a family of 2 adults, 2 kiddos and another due in April. I plan on breast feeding her, and using garden veg to make her baby food.

Page 1 of 43 123411 ... LastLast