2015 What Did You Do Frugal Today Challenge - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

-was craving a orange soda today, but stuck with ice water at work today. Saved 50 cents.
    -the homemade mac and cheese looked so good at work today, ate free breakroom food instead. Saved $2. I forgot my left overs at home.
    - reminded dh to get his check in the mail for golf membership, he saves $35 if he pays before the first of the year. He is golf fanatic and is his entertainment any chance he gets through the year. A good deal for him. I walk along and get free exercise and fresh air when I'm not working.
    -15 minutes overtime pay
    -playing cribbage with dh, free entertainment. Left overs for supper.
    -received a $50.00 gift certificate for Texas Roadhouse from dh's job coach client along with a box of chocolate covered pecans. Will take dad ( for belated birthday gift)out to eat with us. The candy will be a prize for one of our family Christmas games on Christmas night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's been busy... Frugal things for yesterday and today...

~ Friends came over to visit yesterday, and another one coming tonight. They bring gifts. I guess that's frugal?
    ~ Made a grocery list and went grocery shopping last evening. Went over budget, but only because of hba, which I took from other pockets of money. So everything was paid cash.
    ~ Finished baking for Christmas today.
    ~ Preparing a yummy meal for tonight for company. I am so glad I know how to cook and love to do it!
    ~ Finished doing my business statement and emailed it to the accountant's assistant.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

decided not to do cookies this year
    drove around w/ Ds but he wouldnt let me buy him anything but gave him his Christmas money
    Drove around w/ DH and looked at all the close neighbors lights
    watched tv but didnt rent anything.
    dinner was lunchmeat at home
    DH took his lunch again.

Just may eat here through Christmas because I am so stocked up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What?! No Christmas cookies?! My hubby would have a fit. I greatly reduced them this year too. Instead of numerous varieties I made two recipes from my Gram's old recipes and we've been snacking on them.

My frugal thing today so far is I heard from a friend yesterday that she and her DD are going to visit me today. I'm panicking because I forgot to buy them gifts! So I rushed to my gift box of unwanted/unused gifts and, as luck would have it, found something for both of them! So happy it didn't cost a cent! But now they're coming for lunch, so I better hurry up and plan something to eat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My Husby makes his own cookies so that would be a non-issue here. It's only fair since he eats most of them and I'm not really supposed to eat them anyway.

We saved big bucks by being lucky enough to find someone to take our pool table, finally. That saves a lot of work vs. having to break it up and trash it. Even with throwing the slate in the woods, it would have been expensive to haul out the table itself because the framing was really heavy. I'm also happy someone will be using it and it didn't go to waste.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Lunch is planned and half cooked. Veggies and hummus, Swiss chard pie, Garlic toast, Christmas Cake (and ice-cream if my 10 yr. old guest desires), and mulled apple cider.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No Christmas cookies baked here either, so far anyway. I do want to make a Christmas tree shaped fruit pizza to take to daughters Christmas day after work. The base of that will be a sugar cookie. Also had several friends gift us baked goods and will be sharing them. DH not a big sweet eater so he doesn't care.
    15 minutes of overtime pay and tomorrow off. Will visit my parents. Called my kids to see if they can join us. Son has to work but may be able to get away for an hour to eat. Daughter will bring grandson depending on the weather. No snow here yet, doesn't seem like Christmas without it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We're eating a lot of leftovers already. Trying to clean out the fridge before company comes tomorrow.

You'll laugh. DD#2 heard we weren't doing the cookies/pb cups thing and sent us a care package full of cookies and some Reese's pb cups for DH.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

took and had lunch before I left for the rescue and keep water in the van.
    Made a dutch oven of chicken noodle soup
    Ds is fixing my ceiling for $88. worth of drywall.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Feeling overwhelmed right now with all the clutter from Christmas. One of those days when I get home from work and have lots of stuff I should get done but just can't get moving. Luckily dh is all excited about the great deal he says he got on the Shark Rocket he wanted. He has 2 levels of the house vacuumed. He is worried that I just let the dog out into the snow and now he may drag in some dirt and melted snow. I promised I would dry him well.
    -some chocolates are going into the freezer , the rest going to be donated to work breakroom. My plan is to stay out of the breakroom the rest of this week until all the junk food is gone! The sugar may also be affecting my mood.
    - the fridge has too many leftovers in it. The roast beef will go to the freezer. Some of it is going to be tossed. I need to learn to cook/bake smaller portions. For us that is more frugal then freezing left overs. We just don't like most left over meals that have been defrosted.
    -My back and legs have been aching. Going to try and avoid chiropractor bills by gentle stretching exercises, pain pills, some herbal muscle relaxants I have left over from previous sciatic problem. Would be nice to have a couple days off in a row from work to get away from pushing the cumbersome med cart on the carpeted floors. Poor sleep is also affecting my motivation.
    - dh says Walmart has super sale on new tires for my car, like $400 dollars less than our local mechanics quote. He is doing some more investigating on them, but thinks it would be a good time to get them. He is no mechanic, so he likes to get opinions from some of his friends and sometimes my dad who is very wise in so many areas.
    -Thanks for listening, it was a free therapy session

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Went to the mall to walk today. It is -25 C plus wind chill out there. Didn't buy a thing! Well, we got some rinse aid for the dishwasher.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

cooked all holiday meals at home and stayed home from the sales.
    Came in under the groc. budget this month
    spent less on Christmas this year.
    Just having a completely diff attitude these days towards getting things

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516