2015 What Did You Do Frugal Today Challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, it's not much, but instead of going out to eat dessert someplace, I stopped by the bakery and picked up some goodies to satisfy both DH and I, for half the cost.

Also had a dental appointment that didn't cost more than the cleaning! My teeth are fine they tell me.

Cooked all meals at home...and we have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Walked to the dentist. DH walked to pay our car insurance too. So the car stayed parked today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Worked my 8 hour day, home to cook supper. - Searched chest freezer that I haven't opened for awhile, need to start using up the stuff and want to get it unplugged. Only cooking for 2 most of the time and don't want it too get too old. Not sure what I'm going to do with last years ground venison. We don't really like the chewiness of it, must have been a older deer. Another hunting season is upon us ( son bow hunts) and will need to decide on what to do with it. Decided on some repackaged ground beef for supper- made homemade barbeque, adding a diced red pepper that was needing using up quick and onion. We have bread that needs to be eaten up also - dh will have to go without a 'Bun' , he has a thing about needing a bun when a slice of bread will do. He can use the heels of the bread. Also eating up left over mashed potatoes. Made potato soup for tomorrow to use up chunk of ham.
    Handwashed dishes, not enough for a load and I don't like to have them sit in the dishwasher too long to get a full load.
    Full loads of laundry, just don't have the time to get them hung outside, dried and back in when I work. Today would have been a perfect day to do blankets.
    Found some soft thick material to cut up and use to pad my inner ankle area. Has worked well for past two days. Hoping I don't need to buy new shoes if this helps relieve the pressure my shoe puts on my ankle tendon.
    DH used a coupon to get some coffee while taking his sister to her doctor appointment.
    All I can think of for now. Dh says the electric bill went down this month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not much getting done today except my regular work day, wait... 1 hour of overtime today, putting some of that money towards the loan when I get paid next.
    Sitting in a pretty dark house right now , one dim light on. No t.v. yet.
    DH spoke to cell phone company and made some changes to the plan. Will have more gigabytes with lower bill? I'll believe it when I see the next bill.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made a chicken vegetable soup with some leftover veggies, frozen homemade chicken broth and two of my chicken thighs I bought for 37 cents a pound. I'll eat on it for a couple of days, then I'll add in that leftover rice and make it into a stew. I'll eat on that for a day, then I'll freeze the rest for later. I figure the entire thing cost me about $4. Not bad for a meals for 3 days and food for the freezer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My weekend off has started, yea!
    Work day done. Feet up. Bichon at my side napping.
    Planning to stay home tonight so money saved. Supposed to rain tonight and most of tomorrow. Best type of weather to sleep in, but I usually can't. Too much on my mind, but so little ambition once I get out of bed to actually accomplish much.
    Paid today, transferred $50 to loan payment. Watching t.v. and money saving websites.
    Plan to make chicken strips from chicken from freezer and Italian bread crumbs,left over potato soup,chocolate shakes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not frugal, but got the furnace and ducts cleaned for the first time in five years. According to the guy who did it, they needed it! $264CAD. But it had to be done before DH retires.

I'm cooking all meals at home today. Having company in for tea and dessert tonight. Just the mom. Better than having the whole family for supper. She just needs to chat with us for a bit so DH can assess her English and see if it's good enough for a job in his workplace.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have been busy. Past weekend dh and I took road trip to upper Penninsula of Michigan last weekend. So much free beauty to see in Marquette and along Lake shore drive,except for gasoline. Tried to eat semi frugal. No fancy places. Coupons used. Stayed within our entertainment budget.
    Spending a lot of time visiting my daughter and our new grandson. He is 3 weeks old already. We've cooked supper for them a couple nights using up food in her refridge and pantry and eating with them.
    Trying to avoid a trip to the Dr. for my painful inner ankle. Found shoe orthotic I got years ago and worked fairly good today. Physical therapist giving me free advice at work as to what may help, ice, elevation, wraps, orthotics. What I really need is to rest it. I do have day off tomorrow for that if I can keep myself home.
    Going to have lots of overtime coming up. Another nurse quit and we are now short two positions. 3 hours overtime today.
    DH says we are going to do a 1 week No Spend soon, he is definitely supporting my efforts to spend less and pay off our loan.
    He is looking through sale flyers and collecting coupons that come through the mail, to find the best deal on a new pair of jeans for himself. He is trying to not be impulsive with his purchases as he sometimes is.
    We try to stay in the same area of the house at night to cut down on multiple lights on. We are keeping house cooler and dressing warmer on the cooler evenings. It was snowing for awhile this afternoon!
    Eating up food from the fridge to avoid waste. Tonight Dh used up some vegies from the fridge to dress up the frozen pizza in the freezer.
    Investigated the cell phone plan change dh made, should save $40 a month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wow love all this frugalness.
    Got Tums at the Dollar tree and they are fine 60/$1. I have a lot of medicine induce indigestion. We are not renewing Sams or Costco to save $110. this year.
    Also got more reading glasses for $1. Got 3 pairs there $3.

Dh vaccumned out our furnace again w/ the shop vac,rinsed the permanent dehumidifier filter and tightened it (on the furnace),he will go get a filter for $50.
    We cant do the $69.99 service call because we have a funky system w/ a heat pump attached. and the heat pump is busted anyway. Dh has maintain the decrepit furnace himself the last 4-5 years.

Got 3 new toys for the dog I am treating for hw for .50 clearance at Rite-Aid.
    Found 4 peanut butter bones clearanced at DD store she works at for 2.00 on clearance. Also found a $7. for $3. We spoil him because he ahs to remain crated for 60 days. HW sucks!!

Found 2 bottles of triple strength "move free" Glucosamine/chondroitin 1/2 off.
    Regular $31./80. It was $15.99/80. I give it to the dog for his 2 bad knee joints
    I pay .80 a day now beats the $100. a month it would cost for vet prescribed ones. 75% less!! vet endorsed!

now getting DD's discount at her store. Now a lot of things are more but not always so I have to pay attention.

cheaped out and only got Dmom a Halloween card. She gets a kick no one else cares. Saved $4.? plus stamps?

making pizza bagels for Halloween night instead of our usual order. Saving $20.
    Making brownies too from Pantry mixes and frosting.
    Think I'll suggest a game or cards instead of renting a $5-7. movie. Trick or Treat is only an hour here.

Working at the Animal rescue once a week I have taken water,pop and snacks to avoid the drive thru and fast foods expense.

dental cleaning today should be covered at 100%. We have met the co-pay.
    Making a pot of chili today. and chicken soup soon. Do more eating out right now

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hey kimB love,love love it up there. Did you get pasties. Ds went to school there for a bit. For $5. you can split one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    hey kimB love,love love it up there. Did you get pasties. Ds went to school there for a bit. For $5. you can split one.
    Sure did and we should have split one - it was soooo good and definitely a meal in itself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

There a little family owned place that makes them. IDK the name but you can get all these flavors and everyone goes there. He may be closed now but we love it.
    My gram was from Cornwall,England and somewhere I have her recipe. Dmom,bless her tries but never got it. I cheap and use pie crust. Gram would be disgusted if she was still here.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Disconnected internet at the condo so that saves me $100 per month
    No heat on yet as I am on the 3rd floor and don't need it
    Watching the free ads in the local website for a table so I have one for Christmas...I wouldn't use it on a daily basis but I need one for Christmas
    Purchased a beautiful used artificial Christmas tree through the local website for a great price
    No eat out today - brought leftovers for lunch
    No spend day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

yeah. Dental cleaning complete and just the filling I knew had broken. And the cleaning is covered. Free Tpaste,floss and a new brush!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Trying to stay healthy which will keep me working longer. Dh and I went on a 4 mile walk on a trail near my daughters apartment. Got more free advice about my sore ankle from Dh who is retired football coach. Wore a compression stocking with the orthotics I found. Worked well for the first 3 miles. I spent time with my grandson which brings joy to my heart. Captured pics of a few eagles which Dh and I get excited about when we come upon them in our travels. 2015 What Did You Do Frugal Today Challenge-dsc_0415.jpg Here is one of the pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 What Did You Do Frugal Today Challenge-dsc_0419.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today I ...

• did 2 loads of laundry,
    • ate all meals at home,
    • entertained a guest with my homegrown mint tea and homemade butter tart squares,
    • Guest brought me dill from her garden, and
    • A planter from her yard she no longer wanted. It has a geranium blooming in it still!
    • I gave my guest plastic bags for her garbage.
    • Got a second quote on the sewer/water line replacement. Ugh!
    • Had a medical appointment that did not result in any changes.
    • Picked up my paid for eyeglasses.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast