Grocery Challenge for March
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Grocery Challenge for March

Hope it's okay for me to start this....

Well I did great for february considering we spent a TON more on coke stockpiling than normal.

I'm going to put my budget at 200$ this month again. I know I'll need to replenish my non food items (diapers/papertowels/napkins etc.) as well as stocking up on meats for dh.

I bought a pack of diapers that I'm putting towards March. Only reason I bought it early was so that my MIL would have diapers to take with her when she has Ayla this weekend

Spent so far: 7.72
    Goal: 200$

You girls are all doing so great!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My goal will stay at $250. I seem to be having a really hard time lowering my grocery bill. But, hopefully, I can in March.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm keeping my goal at $200 for March also. We'll be out of town for one weekend in March (for our 18th wedding anniversary) and the boys are all staying with my BIL and SIL while and DH and I are staying at a inexpensive hotel and using coupons galore to save on eating out! LOL! We are also going clearance crazy shopping at Target. The next weekend we have my niece staying sith us for 3 days while her parents celebrate theri wedding annivesary. She's 2 and a very picky eater, so this could be interesting on the budget. I know she'll eat Macaroni and Cheese, applesauce, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, etc. She and her parents live with my MIL and FIL and she is catered to food wise (but you can't blame the kid, her parents refuse to ever eat leftovers, so she comes by it naturally). The funny thing is when she is her, she LOVES eating leftovers with us! LOL!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh i really need to got into "excile" and not buy any thing..my frezzer is full and my stock pile shelf(4 tiers) if full, i have stuff on the floor..so ill set my budget at 150.00.. although i have to got to the store sat..but i plan on only getting stuff off my very short list(for mother) and i cant refuse to buy for her..and the free dove(yes im still buying them i must have 60 or so) and 4 free snapple.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last month was great,but a close one.Was like a few cents from hitting my goal and well I just don't want to do that.LOL Funny how this is one of those goals you just don't want to reach.So I'll keep mine at the same,since I want to do some extra special stockpiling since family will be coming a lot this spring and summer.I think this is a good number for us.Hopefully march and april will be the last months for diapers for me cause we are starting to potty train Cannon soon.

Goal:$200
    Total:0
    Family size:4(2A 2C,1 in diapers)

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob mylittle4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I barely stayed under goal last month too. So I will keep it at $200.00. I hope I will not be buying any diapers soon also.
    Goal $200.00
    spent $0.00
    family of 6 one in pullups

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for starting this, Heather. I've been out of touch for the past few days!

I was successful at staying under $140 for February, so I am going to bring my goal down to $130. Scary, but I'm hopeful!

Goal: $130
    Spent: $0
    Family: 2 adults, 2 year old dd, 98 lb dog
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A new month! I thought I did pretty good for me last month. I need to stock up on meats and the luxury foods my guys enjoy so much. Fortunately there is nothing on sale this week that I have coupons for except Drypers at Walgreens. I've decided to start doing the Walgreens rebates and have it put on a gift card (for 10% more back). The plan is to shop for free there.

I'm going with $200 for us again and $25 towards helping out a guy at work. Our maintainance guy had blood clots in both his lungs and was in the hospital for a week, now he has a clot in his leg. He hasn't been able to work for a month.

I got 3 packs of diapers the other day for $16.50, on sale for $7 each minus (3) $150 coupons.

March goal: $200
    Spent: $16.50
    Coupons: $4.50

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I have never been very good at this.....going to give it a try this month....I'm going to put our budget at $175...we still have some stockpile so that will help. I'm getting my coupons stock back up so that should make for some good shopping. Lets see if I can stay with this grocery challange this month...wish me luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have no idea where to start a fixed amount. All I know is this. I will only buy what is a steal on the coupons, milk, bread and lunch items for the kids. My pantry and feeezers are filling up and I am gonna try to use some of that this month as this will be my last big check and I will pay my property taxes. I will try to set it at 150.00 and stay way under it.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob mylittle4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay did my first shopping trip of the month. I spent more than a fourth of my goal, but I did well. I will just have to cut back next week.
    Gerbes
    3- 2ltr. of Red Fusion
    4- 2ltr of Diet Dr. Pepper
    10 Stouffer frozen entrees
    4 Hungry Jack biscuits
    4 oscar meyer bologna
    before card and coupons $51.58
    after $15.42

Schnucks
    2 boxes super pretzels
    4 kids kitchen meals
    2 oust air sanitizer
    4 bags bagels
    cream cheese
    mega pack pull ups
    tomatoes
    head lettuce
    total before coupons $28.95
    after $22.25

Hyvee
    6 cans tomatoe sauce
    2 cans tomatoes
    3 bags shredded cheese
    potatoes
    total before coupons $8.75
    after $7.32

Walmart
    2 strawberry blasted honeycomb
    O.M. bologna
    wipes
    2 dishwasher soap
    before coupons $15.36
    after $13.36

schultes
    6 gallons sunny delight
    2 packs of stick butter
    total $6.46

total spent $ 64.81
    left $135.19

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I stayed just under my $300.00 limit, which I think is good when you consider I shopped for a party for 16! I am going to keep the amount the same. I think I can do this because I have tons of stuff here!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Karen, you are so kind to help someone at work. I hope your co-worker gets better soon.

I am joining the challenge this month. I am trying for $375.

Lucie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well i went to the store tonite and did really well..spent 41.42 at shop rite and 3 at the dollar store so i have 105.58 left..next week i need only milk and bread.

before coupons 62.82
    after coupons 41.42
    -----------------------------
    saved 26.59

and i have a 8.00 rebate to mail in'

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spent $23.26 at WM today I had to get french fries and oil for the guys and some soy formula and milk for dd who has suddenly decided to be lactose intolerant. Doc said she may have had a stomach virus that caused her to "flush out" her normal intestinal bacteria and it may only be temporary, to do a low lactose diet for a week, then reintroduce milk products. I just bought 6 gallons of milk! I'm glad I saved the soy milk coupons from last sunday's paper.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast